[2.6] 12 Aura Necrobot: The Legend of Aura

We dont run that ammy because presence of chayula is BiS it's Es conversion is invaluable. while you could run it, it's just overshadowed by other better gear.
Any thoughts on items (besides a Legacy Shavs) that'll be improved through the Legacy League?
Writer of The Other Grey Meat, a 315 page webcomic.
I absolutely love this build and i would like to make this build on legacy league there's only one problem..... the passive skill tree changes. So can i ask you to make this build working in 2.6.0 too? I would be very thankful if you would.

I hope you will read and reconsider my request. I'm awaiting your answer and keep up the good work :D
Going to really enjoy this build. 14 auras (18 if you count vaal skills.) Could get more, but idc bout getting Alpha's (95% shavs + enchanted vertex do nicely)

10k ES.

Last edited by bvanharjr on Feb 20, 2017, 11:44:05 AM
nice looking guide.

Shame this one needs friends to play with :(
"
Oilure wrote:
nice looking guide.

Shame this one needs friends to play with :(

I soloed most of it with a SRS 6L on Tabula, and did Noticeboard parties for some stuff. You'd be amazed at how many friends you make when you bring 3-5x people's damage by yourself.
Writer of The Other Grey Meat, a 315 page webcomic.
wonder how the changes gonna affect us auramancer who do this for living,,,i dont really play combat much i love to party up and boost..

Area of Effect Changes
All sources of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" have been replaced with an increase to area. This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing geometrically as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns. Many old radius increases that have been changed to area increases provide a higher numeric value to compensate for this change. The goal of this change is to make investing in the size of your area skills to be less rewarding the more you invest, so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.

As an example of how this change will work, the map mod that granted increased radius of boss skills previously granted 40% increased area of effect radius, but will now grant 100% increased area, which results in approximately the same increase to area.

As many lower level skills don't have as high a base area, they will now receive an additional flat bonus to radius at certain levels of the gem. An example of this is Blight, which gains +1 area radius every 5 levels of the gem.

All values of curse radius and aura radius were doubled when converted to curse or aura area size, to result in a similar change.

As another notable change, Melee Splash now gains significantly more increased area than it did increased radius as the gem levels, bringing it much closer to equivalent area skills.

Two vaal auras have been reduced in power.

Vaal Haste now grants slightly lower values of attack, cast, and move speed.
Vaal Discipline no longer grants any bonus energy shield.
Yep, i hope this will not destroy auramancer in his purpose. Vaal discipline is still good to take for the regenerate shield even if we take damage.
"
Matriuso wrote:
Yep, i hope this will not destroy auramancer in his purpose. Vaal discipline is still good to take for the regenerate shield even if we take damage.

true but its now basicly a real slow recharging ES flask gem :P

then let them add ES recharge flask(like life flask) i dont want to be forced to have ZO.
Hi Everyone,

Forgive my ignorance (I've never run an auramancer before), but I had a quick question about the math behind blood magic. It's possible that this has been answered elsewhere--in that case, sorry for missing the post.

Mortal conviction gives 50% less mana reserved, but requires blood magic. So by taking this node (and blood magic), we're essentially trading 50% less mana reserved for the ability to reserve mana. This seems like it will come out as a complete wash, and we should be able to run the same amount of auras whether or not we take mortal conviction (and blood magic, by corollary).

Case 1: 50% less mana reserved, can only reserve life.
Case 2: Can reserve life and mana.

These seem exactly equivalent to me. Is something else messing with the math here, or is there some other compelling reason to take blood magic (I guess it does save gem slots)?

Thanks a lot for your time here. This looks like a really fun build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info