[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
WaffleT wrote:
@chuawf12345 and @Bizze79

This build guide isn't for a witch but a guardian. The occultist gets 100 base ES in her ascendency, the trickester gets 250 but the guardian gets over 400 (Radiant Faith was giving my character about 480 base ES)

The witch doesn't get that large flat ES buff nor the aura effectiveness nodes of the guardian so you would need to change items and the skill tree to deal with the missing aura effectiveness and flat ES.

When ascendencies had just came out I did make an occultist build guide as my WI character at the time was a witch but found that guardian was better and havn't gone back to refine how the witch tree would be built in order to focus on her strengths which differ from the guardians.

hi . last quest here , my english is bad , hope u can under stand . all my item are same with u , but glove is using atziri , belt using bated breach chain belt . now my int 2010 , all buff same with u too .
lvl 75 now and ice storm dmg is only 7708, even + elemental overload also 10k avg dmg only . .. its is possible to get the dmg same like your picture 18k above ?
now my avg dmg is only have your 50% , and i see tree , and do some self calculation , seem like impossible to reach 18k avg dmg .
Last edited by chuawf12345 on Jan 2, 2017, 11:17:09 AM
"
Bizze79 wrote:

was it only min-maxing that caused you to switch out the Haste aura? From what I understand, increased cast speed also improves Scorching Ray, at least the turning speed of the beam and also somewhat the start of the channeling and the stacks generation, and with the added movement speed, it seems like a really nice aura to keep. Movement speed is also a form of damage mitigation. =)

Turning speed of the beam is irrelevant. Cast speed on scorching ray is quality of life for builds that are using the beam as their main damage source as they need to turn it around to hit all the trash mobs but in cwc it doesn't matter where the beam is but where your mouse is for casting the storms. Against bosses you don't need turn speed as you'll always point the beam in the right place from the start

In terms of starting the casting its just a fraction of a second difference that I don't consider it worth considering

It just doesn't seem worth the amount it reserves just for the 15% movement speed compared to the damage and defence from herald of ice and arctic armour.

"
Bizze79 wrote:

HERALD OF ICE
Also, since Herald of Ice is not linked to Cold to Fire, I assume it only adds 50% of the damage as fire, so it's a bit less effective - or don't you care about that? Am I correct in assuming that HoI and Arctic Armor are not considered auras and thus will not contribute to the Unwavering Faith ascendancy aura physical mitigation bonus?

All flat damage increases (ie herald of ice, added cold gem, added cold to spells on gear) will be applied to the spell first and then go through the conversions from cold to fire and avatar of fire. The conversion system is always very generous about putting the damage in at the stage at which is will get all the correct boosts. Yes only haste has the aura tag so you do lose 1% physical mitigation from unwavering faith. arctic armour has 13% physical mitigation on it though while also giving good elemental reflect protection (12% fire mitigation)

"
Bizze79 wrote:

I'm really loving the build so far, but I'm nearing the ultra late game with only guardians, Shaper and Uber Atziri left and I have played the pure Ice Storm version for so long that I'm starting to look for a slightly different playing experience (because leveling a new character is not gonna happen with the time investment I can make for this game).

Yeah thats totally cool I get bored of whispering ice after I had done all the content and went off to play other builds. In 2.5 with cwc I thought that scion might be better then guardian again since without needing haste you can fit the purities and discipline on mana and then go CI but after respeccing a chracter and testing out a bit I wasn't that impressed. Easier access to duration nodes gives it a 8 second icestorm which is pretty cool but the heirophant ascendent node is about 1/3rd as good as radiant faith due to its crappy conversion system. Since radient faith has just way too much synergy with WI it makes sense to use and then the rest of the nodes heavily encourage lowlife so that becomes easy as well
Thank you so much for your swift answers! <3
"
chuawf12345 wrote:

hi . last quest here , my english is bad , hope u can under stand . all my item are same with u , but glove is using atziri , belt using bated breach chain belt . now my int 2010 , all buff same with u too .
lvl 75 now and ice storm dmg is only 7708, even + elemental overload also 10k avg dmg only . .. its is possible to get the dmg same like your picture 18k above ?
now my avg dmg is only have your 50% , and i see tree , and do some self calculation , seem like impossible to reach 18k avg dmg .

Looked at your tree and your character has taken different pathing from my build guide in the lower section. Other then that its just that your character is low level. Getting more levels for the skill tree and upgrading the items to things with better rolls will increase your damage levels
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Thank you so much for your swift answers! <3

Thinking about it swapping haste into anger might be better. Anger being an aura means it gets a boost from all the aura effect nodes in this build and cwc goes into fire damage

The downside is that icestorm has a really crappy damage effectiveness for adding flat damage to so its still not that appealing, arctic armour is good but herald of ice is more there because there is space and not really good options at that point
Hello, i need some help with my char,

now i'm using Scorching ray> concentrated effect> cold to fire> cwc> Elemental focus> Life leech(using cwc set cuz i cant sustain the mana without)

fire penetration is really important in lvl 68 or i can use concentrated effect instead?

what i can use instead of shavs? now i'm using a vaal regalia and have 6k ES but i die pretty easy for chaos dmg, if i change to Solaris Lorica, i'll have 4k ES that will be enough?

i'm using discipline>purity of elements>clarity>HoI>Artic Armour

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
chuawf12345 wrote:

Looked at your tree and your character has taken different pathing from my build guide in the lower section. Other then that its just that your character is low level. Getting more levels for the skill tree and upgrading the items to things with better rolls will increase your damage levels

finally i done ...and with skyforth . and i change some thing is addon artic armour . lvl now 83 , int 2190 . dps 13k .
Great build, I am having a lot of fun playing it. I am about to make some modifications though since I don't like Haste. What do you think about having an Empower 3(4) on Discipline and Purity of Ice? Squeezing some additional ES out surely doesn't hurt and I get to run Arctic Armor which is kinda nice. Herald of Ice should also be possible once I get my hands on a good Lab enchant. To compensate for not using Haste, I plan on grabbing Prayer of Glory instead of Bastion of Hope. Using Enduring Cry with +1 Endurance Charge on the belt (which is cheap) results in another 16% phys mitigation and 16% allres.

I still need to level though but I am slowly getting there.

Spoiler

Your thoughts on this?
What do you think about Zealot Oath and remove vaal pact, until be able to buy a shav's?

i took CI until get shav's but just with the life leech isnt enough to keep alive some times.

I just want to show you my progress with this build in BSC:
Bought atiziri acuity yesterday, but already miss the temporal chain curse on hit

Int:2.184
ES:9.004
Dps:6.437

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info