[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

what do you think of the hand of wisdom and action claw pasted on top of this build? of course a few nodes changes and so on, but it doesn{t sounds too bad.....
"
Bizze79 wrote:
I'm lvl 92 now in Breach. I got max rolled int items (except 2 jewels with 23 instead of 24 int) and I have 2100 Int. 2600 Int is only possible with Legacy Perandus Signet rings, or possibly if you got Skyforth and can respec out of some nodes in order to add more int nodes.

I do not yet have Emperor's Mastery jewel - only the Wit one.

my ring is legacy 3% x2 ... and my witch max int only below 2 k ... dunno what wrong
I'm on mobile now and cannot view the passive tree, but I run the recommended Templar class. Maybe the early tree passives going Witch make such a big differance?
"
Zatlan wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Zatlan wrote:
I'd forgotten!

Stir a little configuration and using a Clarity level 20 without Enlighten I got a 9086 ES but in return I got only 164 mana. With level 2 Enlighten plugged in, I got 204 Mana and 9052 ES.

If the case to play without this last Enlighten might be the case of using a Vaal gem (do not use mana) that does not create much lag. Also Less Duration significantly limit my choice.

164 mana is more then enough. Your mana regenerates pretty much immediately and nothing in the build costs more then that no matter what your supporting it with.

Another option would be moving warp to your boots if its causing conflicts

Boots - Lightning warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting - Rapid decay for even more reduced duration

Chest - Clarity - Herald of Ice - CWDT - Frost bomb - enlighten/vaal discipline

can i know why u can get 2 icon for buff from prayer of flory ?

I liked this configuration suggestion. It was very good. Thanks for the clarification!
The good old man thanks you!
He now can even have lunch!

Spoiler

@chuawf12345 and @Bizze79

This build guide isn't for a witch but a guardian. The occultist gets 100 base ES in her ascendency, the trickester gets 250 but the guardian gets over 400 (Radiant Faith was giving my character about 480 base ES)

The witch doesn't get that large flat ES buff nor the aura effectiveness nodes of the guardian so you would need to change items and the skill tree to deal with the missing aura effectiveness and flat ES.

When ascendencies had just came out I did make an occultist build guide as my WI character at the time was a witch but found that guardian was better and havn't gone back to refine how the witch tree would be built in order to focus on her strengths which differ from the guardians.

Last edited by WaffleT on Jan 1, 2017, 10:08:27 AM
"
Radgris wrote:
what do you think of the hand of wisdom and action claw pasted on top of this build? of course a few nodes changes and so on, but it doesn{t sounds too bad.....

Yeah I think it has real potential. Its been mentioned once before and its something that I've been tempted to go through with. I'm worried that it seems too strong though and its been a bit too popular so I'm worried it will just get nerfed next big patch. I'm working on other builds and projects so I'm not planning on running it unless I happen to have one drop for me but it does look super strong
@WaffleT, while you are here: What's the recommended links in Whispering Ice for Scorching Ray version? 4-link - or even 5 (all gems but Cold to Fire)?
Last edited by Bizze79 on Jan 1, 2017, 3:36:20 PM
"
Bizze79 wrote:
@WaffleT, while you are here: What's the recommended links in Whispering Ice for Scorching Ray version? 4-link - or even 5 (all gems but Cold to Fire)?

I did add a section to the main page of the build discussing that since cast while channeling became a thing so to quote that
Spoiler

"Swap
Faster casting -> Cast while Channeling
Spell Echo -> Scorching Ray
Controlled destruction -> Cold to Fire
Cold Penetration -> Fire Penetration

Spend a point on avatar of fire in the tree. (Using a Pyre ring wouldn't be worth it as the damage loss of not using a signit ring would be more then we'd gain)

Haste and clarity are now no longer essential. Using at least a level 1 clarity is still reccomended to reserve more mana and get that extra 1% physical protection. Haste can be replaced with herald of ice and arctic armour or a blasphemy setup"

The scorching ray only really needs to be linked to the cast while channeling gem. It gains no benifit from life leech, cold to fire or fire penetration which are essential gems in the setup. It does get a boost from elemental focus but its not a big concern if its not linked to it as you're using scorching ray for its penetration far more then its damage
I already read everything on the first page. It was your last paragraph in the reply above I wanted. Thanks!
@WaffleT: Sorry for pestering you, but since you tested out the Scorching Ray version, I have a few more questions:

HASTE VS. OTHER BUFFS
was it only min-maxing that caused you to switch out the Haste aura? From what I understand, increased cast speed also improves Scorching Ray, at least the turning speed of the beam and also somewhat the start of the channeling and the stacks generation, and with the added movement speed, it seems like a really nice aura to keep. Movement speed is also a form of damage mitigation. =)

If Haste aura is kept, will the Scorching Ray version perform worse than the vanilla version if not Herald of Ice is used as well? What I mean is: If you keep the Haste aura, but can't also use HoI, would you not go for the Scorching Ray version - or do you still think the resistance penetration of Scorching Ray would be worth it for bosses etc?

HERALD OF ICE
Also, since Herald of Ice is not linked to Cold to Fire, I assume it only adds 50% of the damage as fire, so it's a bit less effective - or don't you care about that? Am I correct in assuming that HoI and Arctic Armor are not considered auras and thus will not contribute to the Unwavering Faith ascendancy aura physical mitigation bonus?

I'm really loving the build so far, but I'm nearing the ultra late game with only guardians, Shaper and Uber Atziri left and I have played the pure Ice Storm version for so long that I'm starting to look for a slightly different playing experience (because leveling a new character is not gonna happen with the time investment I can make for this game).

I have already tried Scorching Ray out a little bit in Dried Lake, but without committing to the passive point (would like to reach lvl 93 so that I can use that point for Avatar of Fire).

I know that eventually I could test these things out for myself, but since you seem to be a very experienced WI player, I hope you don't mind me trying to leech your experience a bit. =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info