[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

Build is a lowlife build because you use blood magic for auras. I can help you then I am home from vacation in 3 days, if no one else have done it
Write random stuff here
"
gladmark wrote:
Waiting for the op to return but was wondering if someone had the answer to my question for this build.

The build shows 44% Damage reduction and Im getting 17% with the same gear. Im running 5 auras and have Unwavering Faith which is where its coming from I guess....but 17% is getting me killed.

He is also running 6k armour and Im running 1,800. Even if I get the remaining (3) 14% increased armor nodes left in the Acendancy tree Im not sure that adds up to 6K armor.

Im basically stuck with this build until the Op comes back. If anyone can help Id appreciate it. My profile isnt private so you can check my gear.

Thanks

Wow old build been a while since I've been back on this one but nothing really should have changed and plenty of people have played it through to endgame

Armour really shouldn't be whats getting you killed as most lowlife/CI builds go around with zero Armour and manage just fine, its more of an added perk as damage with instant leech is the best defense. Are you using a basalt flask when you see physical threats? Not having the 30% more damage from being on pain attunment is more likely to get you killed then having less armour

It is true that your armour is much lower then mine was which is partially to level difference but you said you were having trouble with the auras so there is a good chance thats a chunk of it.

Did you read the "Aura Explanation" section of the build? You've moved things around on that character now but you said you only had 1 aura on blood magic which is not what this build uses. I gave several examples of possible setups in that tab to explain how things work.

I said the shavs doesn't need to be 6 linked and it doesn't because that tab shows several setups with the gems in different places or pieces of gear so that everything that needs to be connected still is even if your shavs doesn't have the full 6 links.
Last edited by WaffleT on Jun 28, 2017, 1:24:24 PM
Dunno if you remember me Waffle but I finally made it happen. Took 2 full leagues, so now I'm stuck on standard, but my dude is finally maxed out. I tried duoing a t16 earlier but got 1 shot, twice, even with my flasks up and gave up. I think I'm gonna put the character down but it was a ton of fun. Wanted to say thanks again for posting and all the time you put into replying to everyone on here asking questions!
"
Andizlack wrote:
Dunno if you remember me Waffle but I finally made it happen. Took 2 full leagues, so now I'm stuck on standard, but my dude is finally maxed out. I tried duoing a t16 earlier but got 1 shot, twice, even with my flasks up and gave up. I think I'm gonna put the character down but it was a ton of fun. Wanted to say thanks again for posting and all the time you put into replying to everyone on here asking questions!

Ah yes I remember you were having trouble learning the WI playstyle. I do remember it was dangerous on some of the guardians so it'll be hard going back and relearning how to play it in 3.0 when everything will be different and vaal pact is removed. I'll definitely want to see how much the game changes when the happens for everyone. I'll mourn the loss of my hand of wisdom and action character though as it had a similar Int focus but was stronger and easier to play then whispering Ice is

Do you think it would be worth it to go crit route?

Nothing here
hi mate, just want to say i love your build, have played it off and on in hc and sc, one of my favourites.

that being said it looks like the vaal pact change has significantly nerfed it.

i tested a hybrid life/es version with MoM and Eldritch Battery a couple leagues ago - it was very decent, as long as you have a solution for running out of ES to cast. Might be worth looking into.
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
Edit: posted the following post with wrong acc. whoops
Last edited by SSF_zhir4ik on Aug 10, 2017, 3:36:46 PM
Played this build in 2.4 (atlas release), felt insanely strong (until i met racecource boss). One thing that really irritated me is how much points was spent on getting stun immunity. And with release of 3.0 pantheon, brine king's one looks like it solves problems with getting stunlocked (lets assume it does).

The point is, we can now get rid of this kinda ugly (no offence OP) maradeur branch of the tree and spent those precious points on stacking mana, which gives really good ES numbers (10,5k ES with perfect non-legacy gear if PoB calculations is correct).

Disabling VP from leeching ES does hurt this build, but i have an idea that can turn the tables. We can make use of shaper's gloves and grace aura to get ridiculous amount of evasion (lets not forget that sin trek and sun crest do also have some flat eva). PoB simulation with lv20 grace gives 27,5k evasion (!!!). Sure, we lose some precious int, but damage is pretty much overkill anyway.

PoB link: https://pastebin.com/HPQSkvsL
But it looks like you take MOM with only 1% of mana left unreserved! Wouldn't this make us completely unable to cast anything while taking even low amounts of damage?
"
gnew95 wrote:
But it looks like you take MOM with only 1% of mana left unreserved! Wouldn't this make us completely unable to cast anything while taking even low amounts of damage?

MOM prevents damage to health pool, not ES. Since this build is solely ES based, damage to health pool almost never happens, (and if it does, you are probably dead).

Also took this build to lvl90 in HHC, pretty satisfied with results. Did t15 beachhead and facetanked t16 minotaur (no mods) with no problems. 28k evasion really did help. General mapping was decent, as fast as WI builds can do. Ripped to phoenix cz im scrub, unfortunately. Probably could facetank him also but was scared of his explosion. Character name is ESbuildhaHaa

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info