[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
Great build, I am having a lot of fun playing it. I am about to make some modifications though since I don't like Haste. What do you think about having an Empower 3(4) on Discipline and Purity of Ice? I plan on grabbing Prayer of Glory instead of Bastion of Hope. Using Enduring Cry with +1 Endurance Charge on the belt (which is cheap) results in another 16% phys mitigation and 16% allres.

Your thoughts on this?

Yeah I used to use empower in the witch version. I used in a while in this version too but when I started using haste I would never look back. Cast speed means less time glued to the ground plus the 15% movement speed from haste was more defensive then the extra ES from discipline.

Since cast while channeling was released those who are using that variant can drop haste which frees up space and makes empower more appealing

I had mentioned that prayer of glory with enduring cry is a pretty good option for those who can be bothered maintaining the uptime on it. Personally needing to get close to things and activate it all the time got annoying to me and it does sometimes put you in unneeded danger because you don't want them to run out
I am thinking about this tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQPuBAcOSBBYES0RlhcvGS4ZihqPHNwdFB2qHb4fAiL0JLAn7Sj6KjgsnC9vMtEzhzbFN0c9X0VHRnFMs05SUlNV1lZIVw1Z81yKXfJfKl9qX7Bk52ZUZp5oWGhla6xsC20Zb55wu3IPcql7135Zfmx_xoCkgOCCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuJ2I8aj0aP-pIrkyeUb5cGl5WX9JitmzCbtZ7Nn8uhL6UYpwinMKyqr5u0DLUEuJO-isBmwcXDOsQVxKLE9spKytPQH9DQ0iHVptdq15bYJNkT2WHhiOQi6-Tr7uwY7Djv6_Ob9tr53frS-wn9AP5J

Losing quite a bit of mana and some int, but the increased duration nodes are huge damage boost in my opinion. Also, picking elemental equilibrium can reduce enemies cold resistance significantly with scorching ray+cwc setup, so I can change cold to fire gem to controlled destruction.

I want to know if this is viable.

Thanks
"
zyysking wrote:
I am thinking about this tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQPuBAcOSBBYES0RlhcvGS4ZihqPHNwdFB2qHb4fAiL0JLAn7Sj6KjgsnC9vMtEzhzbFN0c9X0VHRnFMs05SUlNV1lZIVw1Z81yKXfJfKl9qX7Bk52ZUZp5oWGhla6xsC20Zb55wu3IPcql7135Zfmx_xoCkgOCCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuJ2I8aj0aP-pIrkyeUb5cGl5WX9JitmzCbtZ7Nn8uhL6UYpwinMKyqr5u0DLUEuJO-isBmwcXDOsQVxKLE9spKytPQH9DQ0iHVptdq15bYJNkT2WHhiOQi6-Tr7uwY7Djv6_Ob9tr53frS-wn9AP5J

Losing quite a bit of mana and some int, but the increased duration nodes are huge damage boost in my opinion. Also, picking elemental equilibrium can reduce enemies cold resistance significantly with scorching ray+cwc setup, so I can change cold to fire gem to controlled destruction.

Thanks

I think I should be wrong on picking up elemental equilibrium. Cold to Fire should still be better.
"
zyysking wrote:

Thanks

Scorching ray doesn't "hit" and therefore wouldn't trigger elemental equilibrium. It was an interesting thought as I hadn't considered EE. Triggering -50% cold resistance consistently would be better then the fire resistance penetration from scorching ray plus you could have pure cold damage and not need to use the worse support gem of cold to fire

The channeling skill that does "hit" is incinerate however that has 2 problems. First its kinda awkward to aim and hit things with its limited range and even if you are hitting them it won't do enough hits per second to keep the EE up as stacked icestorms hit many many times per second and much faster then incinerate would. EE doesn't synergise well with the rapid hitting nature of icestorm

Duration nodes are good but spending 3 points of travel nodes to get there is bad. The build gets a decent amount of duration by just stacking Int and it gives ES which is important. Mana nodes in particular are really good as it becomes flat ES.

TLDR: EE not worth it. Duration is good so sure if you want but I prefer what I chose
Last edited by WaffleT on Jan 3, 2017, 8:34:41 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:

This 30 Int gives
- 6% increased ES
- 15 base mana x 1.59 %mana = 23 actual mana
- 23 x 0.15% of mana = 3.5 flat ES (this sounds small but remember just how much %increased ES it goes through)
- Roughly 11% increased damage
- Minor Icestorm duration that eventually stacks up into noticeable increase

[/spoiler]

A question:

Why This 30 int gives Roughly 11% Increased dmg?

A similar build with "Hand of Wisdom and Action" is possible?
Last edited by MEZIR on Jan 4, 2017, 1:46:35 AM
cast while channeling , mean when i using scorching , will auto cast ice storm ? but i tested ..it is cant to cast a ice storm
"
chuawf12345 wrote:
cast while channeling , mean when i using scorching , will auto cast ice storm ? but i tested ..it is cant to cast a ice storm

U need 2 links on the staff using cwc-scourching ray
"
gokudin wrote:
"
chuawf12345 wrote:

U need 2 links on the staff using cwc-scourching ray

my gem ink is >>CWC - scourhing - fire penetration - life leech - cold to fire - elemant focus .

but dunno why when use scourhing , cant auto cast ice storm
Last edited by chuawf12345 on Jan 4, 2017, 5:14:53 AM
Are you using a 6-linked Whispering Ice? If not, make sure there are actual links between Scorching Ray and Cast when Channeling. I just switched to this build and it works. I'm using the following links:
Scorching Ray - Cast when Channeling - Elemental Focus (the rest of the gems are not supported by Scorching Ray as a skill so it's meaningless to link them to it).
"and awesomely some of the jewels overlap to make a travel node give 20 Int"

does that mean i.eg. if 2 gem radi overlap a 10 str node, it transforms into 20 int?
if so, where is that possible?
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info