[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
Perz wrote:
"and awesomely some of the jewels overlap to make a travel node give 20 Int"

does that mean i.eg. if 2 gem radi overlap a 10 str node, it transforms into 20 int?
if so, where is that possible?

Yep if the two jewels overlap over a 10 str node then that node becomes +20 Int -10Str. This is utilised in this build a few places, the sockets between Templar and Marauder and the two sockets near the scion area
What would you invest in after 90? Devotion? And after that, random INT nodes or would some juicy es nodes such as Unnatural Calm and Foresight do the job? I probably won't get Skyforth going this league and would like to plan ahead.
"
What would you invest in after 90? Devotion? And after that, random INT nodes or would some juicy es nodes such as Unnatural Calm and Foresight do the job? I probably won't get Skyforth going this league and would like to plan ahead.

Yeah, you can look at the skyforth tree as extra nodes it uses are not skyforth specific but just good nodes when you have some spare.

Devotion is really good because 3% aura effect is great on discipline while also having int. Jewel sockets are awesome. Ancestral knowledge is best int but I grabbed fangs of the viper for some int but mostly the movement speed.

If you feel the need for pure defense then yeah foresight is good for the flat ES
I have around 1500 INT right now, but the damage is just 3200 tool tip. This means even if I double my INT, my damage cannot reach 7000.
I doubt that increased damage nodes(sockets) + ES could be better than stacking INT in terms of damage.
With 2000 INT, 100 INT gives round 5% more damage.
With 300% increased spell damage, 20% spell damage gives 5% more damage. And we are not even reaching 300% increased spell damage.
100 INT also gives 20% ES and around 7 ES. --> foresight

Ah, just curious about the 10000+ tooltip... it's crazy.
Turns out this build easily farms the Hall of Grandmasters. Died once to some offscreen bullshit, other than that really solid and safe.

Spoiler
Last edited by Ulsarek on Jan 6, 2017, 5:24:44 PM
"
Turns out this build easily farms the Hall of Grandmasters. Died once to some offscreen bullshit, other than that really solid and safe.

I cleared grandmasters really easily up until that super annoying one with culling strike. For him you need to not be on lowlife which means turning off an aura and losing the pain attunment damage boost. Cuts damage enough to make grandmasters annoying but still pretty doable as WI has such range that it can easily kite and offscreen kill things

@zyysking

your profile is private so can't see anything but your low Int value tells me that you are reasonably low level and/or your gear has very poor rolls. Damage increases with levels and improvements on gear just like any build. Very little in the tree is pure int, there are a few things that give pure int in such high value that its worth it alone but most of it gets nodes that have Int along with other benefits like spell damage.

I'm not sure where the guessing of your numbers are coming from but I do mention in the build that the higher tooltip screenshot was while concentrated effect and elemental overload were up. I tend to play with faster casting but I know WI players who don't mind the slow cast speed and play those gems
have you tried to use the presence of chayula ammulet? it gives you free stun immune, 60% chaos resist and more flat es, at the cost of 100 int, but you save some points from the inwavering stance on the tree and maybe get those 100 int with those points
"
FredddO wrote:
have you tried to use the presence of chayula ammulet? it gives you free stun immune, 60% chaos resist and more flat es, at the cost of 100 int, but you save some points from the inwavering stance on the tree and maybe get those 100 int with those points

I've been wondering the same!

Is the potential lower dps worth the surviability?
IGN: Nyux / Myaw
HI every one . first to thank WaffleT give this idea for this build . really power full and face tank almost the boss .

and i have to some change on this build . but i dunno how to post photo and other . but i hope whose to love this this build , u can see below all the link about my aura and skill tree . my current lvl is 91 . bandit is kill all .

my english is bad , hope you guys can understanding .

i try before for this build on elemantalist , and occutist but too weak .

this build is very power . after i change , and also so expensive . below is aura an skill treee
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOcFAABx-d03R2usRUfAZrUE5CLVpilP7DiFe2ZUOtgabJ2upwjYJFZIj0aboRhqOVJYBx0U-tIXL2TnVdaApDbFHwIEB0yzg_cRLSycEFivm9Af7-uXlVJTl_Q9X20ZIvRsC5Mne9dcin_GwcVYWlIpVeAnqVH7zRYfGBVQ7BiP-tDQX2oRlg5IXfLjhBvIz93xijY9tUhtbL6KytO0DKEvRnGDCW-eykpfsJu1hMXDOio4GYr7CfbaGo9wu9kTL2_hiB2q_kki6ujW6xSXBsSi35hiWoKb6-RfKicvkFV8u3flnjyMdgAAKQEAACICAAYCAAYCAQvDAwMDBA0BAQAEBBAAAwwODwIAABQBAAQCCwUAAAA=

all is max roll
Eq and gem position
helmet : Alpha howl - discipline, grace , purity fire , engligten lvl 4 ,
chest : shav - blooad magic , purity element , p ice , p lightning , engligten lvl 4 , clarity lvl 3
glove : atziri acuity -cwdt lvl 20 , warlord mark , temporal chain , molten shell
boot : skufort - determination , artic armour , lighting warp , vaal discipline / lighing golem
ring : 2 lagacy perandus paua ring
amulet : astraments onyx amulet
weapon : whispering ice - cold pena , life leech , fast casting , spell echo , elemant focus ,controller destruction (when boss change it to concentrated)

ice storm dmg with overload . 8500
defence - armour 11368 , dmg reduction 56%
evation 8017 , change evade 38%
fire resis 81%
cold resis 81%
ligtning resis 81%

jewel is : brute force solution x 3
fertile mind x2
emperor mastery
emperor witt

in game name . Kkingkongman

Last edited by chuawf12345 on Jan 13, 2017, 10:19:09 AM
Is this possible with ES INT rare gears instead of perandus rings and all uniques?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info