[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
Heya buddy, i just started in BHC and i don't have enough currency for Shavs, what you use before Shavs?

The build overall doens't have much ES or Life nodes, i don't know how risky its to try it before getting a Shavs.

You maybe could run two Lori's Lanterns, the Purity of Flesh wheel (you path right past it), and the Broken Crown (will lose a ton of damage from losing the Black Sun Crest, though). That should get you up to 74% chaos resistance.

Also can consider Coruscating Elixir.
Last edited by Stephen_Netu on Dec 23, 2016, 10:33:12 AM
"

Heya buddy, i just started in BHC and i don't have enough currency for Shavs, what you use before Shavs?

The build overall doens't have much ES or Life nodes, i don't know how risky its to try it before getting a Shavs.

I'm not akristor but I can tell you what I did in BHC.

I ran CI along with some additional ES nodes. (Foresight, Arcane Focus and the +10% ES below Deep Wisdom)
I was saving as much currency as I could to get the shavs so I wore a really cheap 400 armour 400 ES chainmail with resists.
I didn't use the perandus signets and instead had two rings to cover the resists we need since we can't run all the purities if we don't reserve life. Alternatively a belt with resists and resists on the body armour might cover it? Up to you.

Died in uber lab at 88 due to a slip up and then used a shavs I had in standard and bought some perandus rings, the damage skyrocketed and the ES remained the same. So shavs is definitely very integral to the build.

Can also recommend linking Cast While Channeling + Scorching Ray in your Whispering Ice (or other channeling skills) while leveling since mana can be an issue. This also means you can reserve more mana & path differently while leveling. And if you go the CI & CWC route until shavs, try out Voidbringers; cheap, provides excellent ES, since mana isn't an issue the drawback of the gloves doesn't matter. It also adds +1 level to elemental gems such as purities.

Working on an end-game version of that but haven't tested it fully so can't comment on how it performs compared to the original build.

Stay safe :-)
Last edited by Sprouting on Dec 23, 2016, 5:22:38 PM
Been running this build in BSC, and I'd also recommend going CI before you have your Shavs. I farmed dried lake without it and it was fine, but I was on edge every time chaos snakes rolled onto the screen.

This might be the build that makes me finally play standard, it's so much fun chasing higher and higher intelligence knowing that doing so improves every aspect of the character.

I just wish there was some reliable way (not involving flasks) that let you overcap resists. Been playing around with the tree, but it seems difficult, maybe with Skyforths it would be possible to fit in another resist node or two.
IGN : Jovial
Glad to hear people are still enjoying the build :)

I agree with previous commentators. Go CI and sort out resistances on gear until you can get a shavs. voidbringers and an ES helm also help on the defensive front until you have enough stats to swap onto the offensive items the build uses.

On the subject of overcapping resistances you can change boots from Sin trek into rainbowstrides, you'll lose 10% movement speed and some damage in exchange for resistances, get a bit from a rare jewel and that would cover you. The question is if those sacrifices are worth it when using a flask during an elemental weakness map has the same effect

I added a section to the main page about cast while channeling since that became a thing in 2.5

It felt a tad clunky to me as I'm used to flying through maps without the pauses it causes but the numbers show very clear upgrades in term of damage which I cannot deny is useful for top end content soo choices
hi buddy,

i tried this built just now..ans i can get the DPS that u stated 19k only got like 5K and my INT is at 2k not 2.6K

i already got all item as mentions shav high roll, whispering high roll, perandus legacy x2, sin trek high roll, belt high roll, astramentis all high rolls.

even the skill tree i followed for 111points.

the problem is where i can only run 4 aura and not the same as listed; can u tell me the problem

regards,

Last edited by melforge on Dec 26, 2016, 9:24:28 AM
The aura setup relies on using Blood Magic for 2-3 auras (typically two of the 35% auras. Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning/Elements or Discipline, occasionally a low level Clarity), and the rest out of mana. My setup in BSC looks like this:

I have Discipline and Purity of Fire on blood magic with a level 2 Enlighten
I have Purity of Ice/Lightning/Elements and Clarity on my mana.

In standard, it looks more like this:

I have Purity of Ice/Fire and a low level Clarity on blood magic.
I have Purity of Lightning/Elements, Discipline, and Haste on mana.
In order to run Haste, i needed an Uber Lab enchant for either one of the 4 Purities, Discipline, or Haste
For the Death Ray version, what's the recommended links for Scorching Ray? I figure a 4-link would be good in order to use Scorching - Cast when Channeling - Life Leech - Fire Penetration.

Would that keep the mana cost low enough? Would you try to 5-link or 6-link the Whispering Ice in order to power up the beam more?
"
melforge wrote:
hi buddy,

i tried this built just now..ans i can get the DPS that u stated 19k only got like 5K and my INT is at 2k not 2.6K

i already got all item as mentions shav high roll, whispering high roll, perandus legacy x2, sin trek high roll, belt high roll, astramentis all high rolls.

even the skill tree i followed for 111points.

the problem is where i can only run 4 aura and not the same as listed; can u tell me the problem

regards,

agree for that . i also tried this build . but not in guardian , in elemantalist n occultist , lvl 88 now , emperor jewel also have , all item is max roll , but one question , my int only at 1.8k ....what the problem actually ?
"
WaffleT wrote:
Glad to hear people are still enjoying the build :)

I agree with previous commentators. Go CI and sort out resistances on gear until you can get a shavs. voidbringers and an ES helm also help on the defensive front until you have enough stats to swap onto the offensive items the build uses.

On the subject of overcapping resistances you can change boots from Sin trek into rainbowstrides, you'll lose 10% movement speed and some damage in exchange for resistances, get a bit from a rare jewel and that would cover you. The question is if those sacrifices are worth it when using a flask during an elemental weakness map has the same effect

I added a section to the main page about cast while channeling since that became a thing in 2.5

It felt a tad clunky to me as I'm used to flying through maps without the pauses it causes but the numbers show very clear upgrades in term of damage which I cannot deny is useful for top end content soo choices

can u pls explain why int can go 2600 ? most important is what . mayb we missed something
I'm lvl 92 now in Breach. I got max rolled int items (except 2 jewels with 23 instead of 24 int) and I have 2100 Int. 2600 Int is only possible with Legacy Perandus Signet rings, or possibly if you got Skyforth and can respec out of some nodes in order to add more int nodes.

I do not yet have Emperor's Mastery jewel - only the Wit one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info