[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

So in the past 2 days I kept leveling, hit 80 and managed to farm up a Reach and the rest of the uniques for this build, gear in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

The clear speed is hilarious, and I'm really liking how the build feels, except I feel squishy as all hell. I have 5k HP and am not sure how you squeezed up to 7-8k on your Prophecy character. I'd like to use this build to farm the remaining challenges for 40/40, but I'm not sure how I could take down even the guardians at this level, much less the shaper. Is it from your Jewels that you get all the extra HP? I think I'm missing about 150 flat HP across my rares compared to your gear, I can't figure out how to get fatter.

Also, would Vaal Pact be worth it at our level of leech? My other character is Whispering Ice, and the playstyle of leech based builds feel pretty damn good, so long as you don't take 100% of your HP in a single hit, you basically can't be killed.
"
gibtuck wrote:
So in the past 2 days I kept leveling, hit 80 and managed to farm up a Reach and the rest of the uniques for this build, gear in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

The clear speed is hilarious, and I'm really liking how the build feels, except I feel squishy as all hell. I have 5k HP and am not sure how you squeezed up to 7-8k on your Prophecy character. I'd like to use this build to farm the remaining challenges for 40/40, but I'm not sure how I could take down even the guardians at this level, much less the shaper. Is it from your Jewels that you get all the extra HP? I think I'm missing about 150 flat HP across my rares compared to your gear, I can't figure out how to get fatter.

Also, would Vaal Pact be worth it at our level of leech? My other character is Whispering Ice, and the playstyle of leech based builds feel pretty damn good, so long as you don't take 100% of your HP in a single hit, you basically can't be killed.

your gear is great. try to get a top life roll on all the rares, that helps alot. Also my character was 94 in the end, yours is 80. that is 14 level difference which is equal to another 14*12 base life, and 14 passive points that probably go to 5% life each. And yes you need %life on all your jewels to hit that.

getting this high life pool requires you to squeeze alot, but its doable :D but hitting 6500 should be really easy at around lvl 90.

If youre feeling squishy you shuold also check your playstyle. not much should hit you at all, keep moving. this is not a tank build, you need to make use of your high mobility and damage, and being ranged. dont stand still, try to check out my videos how I do it.

Give yourself another 10 levels of time, experience collecting and map farming. that will also make you more tanky :)
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
"
gibtuck wrote:

Spoiler

your gear is great. try to get a top life roll on all the rares, that helps alot. Also my character was 94 in the end, yours is 80. that is 14 level difference which is equal to another 14*12 base life, and 14 passive points that probably go to 5% life each. And yes you need %life on all your jewels to hit that.

getting this high life pool requires you to squeeze alot, but its doable :D but hitting 6500 should be really easy at around lvl 90.

If youre feeling squishy you shuold also check your playstyle. not much should hit you at all, keep moving. this is not a tank build, you need to make use of your high mobility and damage, and being ranged. dont stand still, try to check out my videos how I do it.

Give yourself another 10 levels of time, experience collecting and map farming. that will also make you more tanky :)

Thanks for the reply, I'll start looking for/rolling Jewels. Playstyle is also probably a culprit here, haven't played a bow build since open beta. Do you think the Marauder version is capable of killing the Shaper, say at level 90 or 91?
Last edited by gibtuck on Sep 27, 2016, 2:25:59 PM
"
gibtuck wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I'll start looking for/rolling Jewels. Playstyle is also probably a culprit here, haven't played a bow build since open beta. Do you think the Marauder version is capable of killing the Shaper, say at level 90 or 91?

Yeah with good gear, the marauder version can kill it for sure. I highly recommend using a wither spell totem in that fight.

I think the Shaper fight is alot easier than Uber Atziri. The Problem for the Shaper is not so much "can this build do it?" but rather, "can YOU do it with that build?" i.e. its a matter of skill mostly.
YO build looks really cool but how would u go about it with budgety gear? i mean reach in EHC is 230c++

could 5link glare work? or something else maybe? i don't know what to do
and if other 5link bow works what should be the 5link? u are always saying 6link and 6link is out of budget builds definitly :D

thanks

SirAzrael

I would say LA-Added Chaos-Pierce-GMP then either Void Manipulation or Slower Proj, depending on which one gives better DPS.
Actually, no, I'd probably say VM over SP, since it's a poison build, and it will help boost both your attack damage (because Added Chaos) and your poison damage
Last edited by ruzga on Oct 2, 2016, 7:23:38 AM
"
ruzga wrote:
YO build looks really cool but how would u go about it with budgety gear? i mean reach in EHC is 230c++

could 5link glare work? or something else maybe? i don't know what to do
and if other 5link bow works what should be the 5link? u are always saying 6link and 6link is out of budget builds definitly :D

thanks

SirAzrael

I would say LA-Added Chaos-Pierce-GMP then either Void Manipulation or Slower Proj, depending on which one gives better DPS.
Actually, no, I'd probably say VM over SP, since it's a poison build, and it will help boost both your attack damage (because Added Chaos) and your poison damage

double 5L works yeah. LA pierce added chaos GMP void manip is the 5L LA yeah

barrage addedchaos voidmanip slower pierce will bbe your single target.
thanks man
I really like this build, i'm kinda a noobie here, but i have a question, can i play as a critical damage character, instead of going resolute technique and just skip or re-roll physical reflect maps, since (IMO, i might be wrong) critical damage well kill bosses faster??
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
Last edited by Pixle_Twitch on Oct 2, 2016, 11:35:09 PM
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
I really like this build, i'm kinda a noobie here, but i have a question, can i play as a critical damage character, instead of going resolute technique and just skip or re-roll physical reflect maps, since (IMO, i might be wrong) critical damage well kill bosses faster??

hi, yeah you can. actually i made a second guide, same build but with crits in the shadow forum.

you can find it here :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1738625
Hey,

i wanted to try this build this legue, but i made the mistake do Roll as a Champion and i cant really do red maps at a decent speed. Im lvl 90 so there will not be much skill points to add. Any Ideas what could possible get me to decent damage. (Exept for a 6l that seems to expensive.)

I thought about respecing the whole bottem left and skipping blodd magic (witch would be on reroll map mod more and worring about mana but at the moment i cant do shit anyway) and specing into the Ranger Start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info