[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
muclemente wrote:

hahahahah I agree, that skin is so OP! :D

I'm curious about the 5L priority. I've checked out your character profile and it appears that Increased Critical Strikes has a higher priority than Void Manipulation (at least for assassin!)

I'm 72 and clearing T11 maps with ease with just a 4L LA haha.

I'm testing out some CoH setups + Witchfire Brew since I'm a little too lazy to keep Vall Haste up. :x
(ignore Tornado Shot gem, the last map I did was ele reflect)

Spoiler

Since I left the Marauder section of the passive to be the last one, I'm struggling with STR and a little bit of INT to use the skill gems, so my Jewelry is pretty shitty to compensate that:

Spoiler

I guess the next struggle is to get (at least) 20/20 gems and some nice Jewels in passive tree. I'm broke due to RotC :(

So far it's the strongest build I've ever done I guess. Really liking it so far and I didn't even got my last ascendancy points. :)

Thanks!

For any version (assassin or deadeye or Berserker) added chaos has highest priority. if you dont use it, you will lose 50% of your damage.

If you use reach as an assassin, it should be like this for both skills:

Barrage/Lightning arrow - added chaos - pierce - crit.strikes - slower - void

In order for you guys to not get confused, I'll start a guide in the shadow forums for the assassin version. It will be a work-in-progress for quite a while, since I still havent tested the build vs Phoenix and Shaper.

Edit: Link for the Assassin guide version here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1738625

Please keep questions here only about the marauder versions, and post your gear/experiences/questions with assassin in the other thread. thanks guys and have fun!
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Sep 19, 2016, 2:13:59 PM
Is this build in danger of getting nerfed anytime soon? (say for example if double-dipping was no longer possible). I really like the idea of this build but don't want to start leveling, spending currency on it only to find that it doesn't even work anymore.
"
TwoZeroThree wrote:
Is this build in danger of getting nerfed anytime soon? (say for example if double-dipping was no longer possible). I really like the idea of this build but don't want to start leveling, spending currency on it only to find that it doesn't even work anymore.

I think that double dipping might get removed with act5 (which i speculate will be released march 2017) So you have lots of time left :D the new league still lasts until December so there is almost 3 months left to have fun with this build. I doubt it will get nerfed in December, the damage is great, but its not overpowered (as it was with frost wall)
How did u create powercharge in that build?
Last edited by Rise15 on Sep 19, 2016, 5:40:11 PM
"
Rise15 wrote:
How did u create powercharge in that build?

Unstable Infusion generates charges because lightning arrow hits so much targets

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1738625

Please keep questions here only about the marauder versions, and post your gear/experiences/questions with assassin in the other thread. thanks
Hey cmphx-- I'm looking at making a second build for this league, wondering how this build fares before it hits it's stride with the Reach or the 6L bow? I have the Queen and the other gear already, just looking at prices on bows and wondering how/what I should do before that. Debating between this and an Ancestral Warchief Marauder, this just seems like a lot more active playstyle + more fun.
"
gibtuck wrote:
Hey cmphx-- I'm looking at making a second build for this league, wondering how this build fares before it hits it's stride with the Reach or the 6L bow? I have the Queen and the other gear already, just looking at prices on bows and wondering how/what I should do before that. Debating between this and an Ancestral Warchief Marauder, this just seems like a lot more active playstyle + more fun.

Hi ! This build is fine with a lioneyes glare and a cheap 5L for starting maps. for higher maps with lioneyes (up to T11) i would recommend using a 6L then (cheap corrupted one or a tabula) because this build gains alot of damage through links.

The good thing about this noncrit marauder version here is that it doesnt need a 6L when you have a reach of the council, because you save the gmp gem. Two five-links will be enough for engame content then. the 6th link is mostly QoL.

So buy a reach as early as you can. from then on it will be amazing. 5Links are enough with reach, for any other bow you kinda want a 6L (because you need GMP)
A bit of update from me.

Currently lvl93 Berserker and mapping is not challenging.
However Hydra just takes ages. I have setup a caustic arrow alternative set to try this as its immune to poison. So far downed Phoenix - easy and Minotaur - not easy. For the last I am confident will be hard as Hydra due to poison immunity.

My gear is really good, dont hate me.
22k lightning arrow, 12k Barrage, 97%move speed, 19k evasion and 6.8k HP

Gear:
Spoiler

No idea how I am going to kill Hydra and Chimera. Any thoughts?
ign:Qvaza
"
qvaza wrote:
A bit of update from me.

However Hydra just takes ages. I have setup a caustic arrow alternative set to try this as its immune to poison. So far downed Phoenix - easy and Minotaur - not easy. For the last I am confident will be hard as Hydra due to poison immunity.

Gear:
Spoiler

hey there, that is some amazing gear, oh my god. Have you tested how reach of the council feels vs. your insane bow ? :D

Minotaur should be easy once you understand his attacks. He is basicly completely countered by Decoy totem, which gives you enough time to burst him down considerably.

I have no idea about chimera and hydra though :/ how does caustic arrow damage feel? Have you tried Explosive arrow maybe? Hydra can be bleeded, so maybe puncture traps can work, or generally puncture (with rapid decay instead of voidmanip)

In general those two fights are the only issue for this build. It can clear anything else, including uber atziri and shaper.

let me know if you found any other solutions !
"
cmphx wrote:
"
qvaza wrote:
A bit of update from me.

Gear:
Spoiler

hey there, that is some amazing gear, oh my god. Have you tested how reach of the council feels vs. your insane bow ? :D

Minotaur should be easy once you understand his attacks. He is basicly completely countered by Decoy totem, which gives you enough time to burst him down considerably.

I have no idea about chimera and hydra though :/ how does caustic arrow damage feel? Have you tried Explosive arrow maybe? Hydra can be bleeded, so maybe puncture traps can work, or generally puncture (with rapid decay instead of voidmanip)

In general those two fights are the only issue for this build. It can clear anything else, including uber atziri and shaper.

let me know if you found any other solutions !

Thanks mate for the suggestions.
Minotaur is ok I got him.
Today i downed Hydra as well. Best fight so far and toughest.
I did it with 82% cold ress on a ele weakness map with +95% cold damage. Got 1 cold max from tree, one from ammy and 5 from 21 purity in the essence worm. Doable but slow with a 28lvl CA on a 6L bow.
Chimera is easy too. I was concerned, but did it with the default Barrage setup. No poisoning though. It works on the adds which are much harder imo than the boss itself.
For explosive arrow I am not sure you will be able to ignite passing the boss threshold HP. Havent tried.
Reach I havent been able to test but if you want we can do a quick test swaping mine and your just to check. Mine I got as a very good deal and its 440ish pdps. 6L it with 1000ish fuses which was annoying.
One thing i forgot to mention is that i swap Dareso's with Starkonja for bosses - more HP more defensive option.
My CA setup is at 7.2k HP and feels good.

In summary:
Up to t15 content is absolutelly no problem.
Chimera, Minotaur and Phoenix are fine with same setup disregarding immunities. Just have to kearn the fights.
Hydra is very tough and pain with this setup, will take ages, all skills dodge-ble with a good placement of decoy totem. To make it easier extra cold ress and other skill CA and maybe Puncture will work.

The Q

Edit: puncture is a good idea. Dont feel CA is that good for bosses. It melts packs and rares, but on bosses i am not a fan and my setup is probably as good as it can get (except lvl4 empower to push lvl29 CA).
ign:Qvaza
Last edited by qvaza on Sep 23, 2016, 8:42:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info