[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

I did both versions last league to around 85-90 range. The Berserker version felt a lot easier to play. The assassin version was definitely more DPS but you have to actually play the character a little better. I'm VERY interested in trying to go VP with the berserker and maybe crit lol.... but will prolly just go VP with the assassin version :D who knows!

This is the first good build I made in 2.4 which was my first league. Berserker was easier to start, assassin needed a little more gear/tweaking but it was freaking amazing as well.
I tried the Berserker Version of the Build with VP and a Cwdt Bladefall Setup.

It actually played great. If i took a big hit i would leech back to full life without doing anything (100% leech from verserker).

I was not able to kill shaper with it tho.
Hydra, Phoenix and Chimera died against the build.
Atziri is Facetank possible, just dont hit the mirror.

Next League i will play this from the start and hopefully to the end.

So I have been tweaking this build a bit and sort of combining the assassin and the berserker version for 2.6. I will post my build that I made at the bottom of this but I think it could be pretty good. It will need accuracy as opposed to the old berserker version. It won't have as consistent crits as the assassin version. But it will get VP so you don't need Vinktar which sucks as a league starter.

It gets almost more life than the berserker version, I believe it gets more evasion. But my thinking was... even if the crit is just decent and not amazing. It would blow the old berserker version out of the water. You could link orb of storms for bosses and some extra crit.... but you don't need warlords, you can run grace instead and herald of ice along with assassin's mark honestly if you wanted to if you get get a level 2 enlighten I believe possibly level 3... but the berserker leech will be enough to sustain so might not even need that and could run artic armour.

The evasion seems pretty decent and the berserker never had problem with damage because of the 40% more. I think it definitely has potential since the orig berserker version is still technically easier for league starter but falls off a bit compared to the crit version this would be something in the middle.

Here is the build, obviously it can be optimized, but I wanted to get around 7-8k hp, high enough evasion that entropy doesn't get you 1 shot and obviously took what crit I could. With grace, arctic armor and herald of ice I think it could be pretty damn good as league starter as arctic armor can be toggled off if need be.

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAP0BAAB8xthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBHwQR5aKluwBp4DbXyNZLYvf6PTeOmV287WK826AHnpzCfyxRN_Eu8nxiRGlVhIYTv2sFDMUz_dO0FLXrvwzNaGo1-t7Z1y-pivqdlTb02R36wq8SCivDpRk4q1lhbryF2hs7BMxR15eacxLcid9fYYNctOlIyfi5T029W-n8rOdRv8nb3MfqgnzB8UUeNfSP2TZLnVP_eJP0-z73mjb8FtejWIurDOio4m7WExSSLD6sWvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUsLstMVirGyMnaoM8qXL1CMwcd2oS3g6QvhfX9AhkOoQvwgkNxbpmFcAAAAAAA==

PLEASE post some tweaks and adjustments. I love berserker so much and I'm sick of making pathfinders and assassins even though I am working on a pathfinder version of this once I get a few flasks.

hello! Can the gem setup / items / tree be updated please?
This build just got hit really hard by the nerf hammer, was planning to play with this build for 2.6 but not sure if it will still be as great. Reach of the Council extra projectiles from 4 > 2 and Drillneck projectile dmg from 100 > 50. Will this build still be viable?
I read this over and over,

My tree is exactly the same. Good 5L bow (Lightning Arrow, Lesser multiple projectile, slower projectiles, void manipulation and added chaos damage)
With Snakesbite, and drillneck.

But still, my damage is too low.
I don't know what else to add
"
Phoardmans wrote:
This build just got hit really hard by the nerf hammer, was planning to play with this build for 2.6 but not sure if it will still be as great. Reach of the Council extra projectiles from 4 > 2 and Drillneck projectile dmg from 100 > 50. Will this build still be viable?

u should check shadow tread of this build, ppl speak some about nerf there
current update on shadow crit variant:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1738625/page/249/#p14237515

I am afraid the nerfs hit this build quite hard and I don't think the marauder version will be viable for guardians/shaper without having a dying sun and a +2 barrage projectile helmet :( assassin is so much better than marauder now with death's opus.

if you still want to use marauder you can try this tree:

open with emmits planner

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcAx4FLQW1DjwPqxEvFCAUcRa_FukYkR9BIZAj9iQ3JIslvCaVKk0qWy5TMHwyfjWSNj026DfUOlI9_D8nQzFDNkd-SshNklFHUUxS7FVLWGNYr1ltWlJfP1-YX7Bf0GBDYeJirGVNaGVqjGyMbWxuPW6qbztvnnTtdct2rHfjeA15aHn2eu97w3zZfVuCB4MJhMWE2YZgjM-NfY1-jb-YV5u1naqi2aiaqW6sR7DYtMW1SLXyt7a8n702voC-p78IwBrBBMLswzrG2MgUykrPMs9-02_UI9i92XzawdtP37_gw-oQ6hjqYutj7T_vDvPd9W_2SPcy-F_46w==

you can experiment with vaal pact. that tree has it ready to take

gem setup:

grace in essence worm

4L frenzy+faster attacks+ curse on hit + vulnerability

4L castwhendamage taken + immortal call ( both LOW level!) + incresed duration + vaal haste

4L faster attacks + blink arrow + decoy totem + blood rage

6L barrage + added chaos + slower + pierce + void manip + faster attacks

6L lightning arrow + added chaos + slower + pierce + void manip + lessermultiple projectiles

if you dont have 2x 6L , leave out faster attacks for barrage and void manip for LA.

for hard bosses you will need wither totem. you need to recolor/change your boots for that.

4L wither + spell totem + increased duration + faster casting

leave out increased duration, vaal haste, decoy totem and one faster attacks to get the number of sockets.

it all gets easier if you have curse on hit snakebite gloves, then you save 2 gems.

sorry for not updating this too much, but with all the nerfs, its hardly good anymore :( it does still deal nice damage, dont get me wrong ,but other builds do better with less investment
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Mar 2, 2017, 2:10:40 PM
TY lord commander for information)
Hey man!

Yeah nerfs are pretty hard lol. But for my curiosity, what quiver would You suggest now? Still nerfed-Drillneck?

Peace man and thx for this build!
Seeing is believing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info