[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
666lol666 wrote:
@cmphx: Tbh. I was a tiny little bit salty that you didn't kill the shaper with the original marauder setup you used in the beginning but of course I understand that the new crit version is more powerful. ^^

@all: Talking about powerful - I see people complaining about the dmg of the build and I think wtf? This build is still absolutely great and able to clear t16 maps in a fair amount time. If anyone has a problem with the build there either has to be a problem with the gear or with the gameplay itself.
I modified the skilltree a little bit (no bloodmagic) and it still works like a charm for me.

This is the gear setup I'm using:
gear

Fun fact: If you cannot affort a legacy RotC you do not have to sacrifice any dps! Whoot? Yes, that's true - all you have to do is grab that nasty point blank node and use, gmp and a well rolled:
bow-replacement

Well, you loose the ability to offscreen anything but in reality I find myself all the time standing in front of the mobs anyway because of the insane movement speed. ^^ The only thing that is different these days is that you have to switch lightning arrow with barrage before fighting a boss and swap again after the bossfight. And the most important thing is that you grab these increased duration nodes for the frenzy charges because keeping them up without these nodes really it is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Edit: Even without FW this still is the most fun build ever!

im glad you like it :D im sorry for moving away from marauder style .... i just wanted something new for the next league, and it turned out to be even greater than before lol.

your modifications make sense. i would recommend removing faster projectiles and just put in barrage, so you ahve 2x5L in your 6L. so you dont need to swap... the damage loss is tiny, but the QoL gain is great.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
I would recommend removing faster projectiles and just put in barrage, so you ahve 2x5L in your 6L. so you dont need to swap... the damage loss is tiny, but the QoL gain is great.

I played with the setup you recommend before and it really is a good altenative! That said I like the faster projektiles setup a little more not because of the higher dps but because of the better offscreen kill chance. In the end both setups work great and it's just a matter of taste which one you like more or less.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
just vaaled vuln on hit on snakebite, how should i change the gem setup?
Shaper down with Berserker!

A bit of update from me. After 3 stupid deaths at Shaper got him on the 4th run.
My lvl is 94
Lightning arrow in ho is 27k and Barrage is 16k with 11 arrows.
My gear is just plain optimal.
I have rebuild a bit the tree at 94 to get 1 more jewel total of 8!
I feel it was necessary for the dmg boost as you dont have enough on the tree and it helps a lot.
Also the tiny 10 int node on the way helps
here is my tree at 94 - http://tinyurl.com/hlw7qyj
I have dropped also grace for additional damage. Also started converting jewels to more dps than life, currently at 6024hp it is enough in my opinion to do shaper, dps helps more.

Gear:

I am now casually finishing the rest of the challenges.
If you have any questions let me know.

Chimera - just kill with barrage disregard poison immunity. It works on adds
Hydra - did it with Caustic arrow, but it is the same to do it with plain Barrage
Phoenix - easy
Minotaur - easy

Edit: This is my string to look for OP jewels
http://poe.trade/search/toromoharinaso
ign:Qvaza
Last edited by qvaza on Oct 11, 2016, 5:00:11 AM
"
qvaza wrote:
Shaper down with Berserker!

A bit of update from me. After 3 stupid deaths at Shaper got him on the 4th run.
My lvl is 94
Lightning arrow in ho is 27k and Barrage is 16k with 11 arrows.
My gear is just plain optimal.
I have rebuild a bit the tree at 94 to get 1 more jewel total of 8!
I feel it was necessary for the dmg boost as you dont have enough on the tree and it helps a lot.
Also the tiny 10 int node on the way helps
here is my tree at 94 - http://tinyurl.com/hlw7qyj
I have dropped also grace for additional damage. Also started converting jewels to more dps than life, currently at 6024hp it is enough in my opinion to do shaper, dps helps more.

Gear:
Spoiler

I am now casually finishing the rest of the challenges.
If you have any questions let me know.

Chimera - just kill with barrage disregard poison immunity. It works on adds
Hydra - did it with Caustic arrow, but it is the same to do it with plain Barrage
Phoenix - easy
Minotaur - easy

Edit: This is my string to look for OP jewels
http://poe.trade/search/toromoharinaso

grats on shaper ! that is some insane gear.. i still wonder how the bow compares to a reach?
Last edited by cmphx on Oct 12, 2016, 1:02:19 PM
I "accidentally" 6L'd a queen of the forest :P So hey, this build looks fun I'll try it!

Just worked up currency to afford a barely-legacy (51% lol) reach, and 5L'd it. So now I've got a 5L and a 6L.

So I'm running:
5L: LA + pierce + VM + chaos + slower proj
6L: Barrage + pierce + VM + chaos + slower proj + GMP

Is this correct to run GMP on Barrage for more arrows even though I'm running reach now?

Also, my apologies for being newly return and rusty on game mechanics... but why is Fatal Toxins not taken?

Thanks! Having a lot of fun so far. Was doing T11 and T12 with 5L Lioneye, now I'm off to try my new reach. >:D

Edit: Added Chaos to level 21/20% would be the most important first corrupt gem, correct?
Last edited by SpidaFly on Oct 13, 2016, 11:50:35 AM
"
SpidaFly wrote:
I "accidentally" 6L'd a queen of the forest :P So hey, this build looks fun I'll try it!

Just worked up currency to afford a barely-legacy (51% lol) reach, and 5L'd it. So now I've got a 5L and a 6L.

So I'm running:
5L: LA + pierce + VM + chaos + slower proj
6L: Barrage + pierce + VM + chaos + slower proj + GMP

Is this correct to run GMP on Barrage for more arrows even though I'm running reach now?

Also, my apologies for being newly return and rusty on game mechanics... but why is Fatal Toxins not taken?

Thanks! Having a lot of fun so far. Was doing T11 and T12 with 5L Lioneye, now I'm off to try my new reach. >:D

Edit: Added Chaos to level 21/20% would be the most important first corrupt gem, correct?

Added chaos lvl21 will add +20-28 Chaos damage to your attacks. Yes that is the most significant boost you might have on an additional lvl gem. That is like having two added x-x chaos damage craft on your jewelry

Edit: for the GMP as a 6th link on Barrage I am not sure. I probably would have put Faster Projectiles instead. Maybe do some testing.
ign:Qvaza
Last edited by qvaza on Oct 14, 2016, 5:23:35 AM
"
qvaza wrote:
Edit: for the GMP as a 6th link on Barrage I am not sure. I probably would have put Faster Projectiles instead. Maybe do some testing.

Good call! I was playing with FP vs. GMP earlier today - the mobility increase is great as well as the faster poison stacks.

Thanks!
fatal toxins is not taken because - well damage is fine without it. i tried to get as many life nodes as possible with this build , so i only picked the most efficient damage nodes, i.e. those that double-dip. fatal toxins is good, buit it doesnt double dip so i didnt take it. if you want to sacrifice 3 life nodes for more damage, probably fatal toxins is the way to go.

dont use GMP on barrage, since it has 26% less projectile damage, which will also double dip, but in the wrong way :( so 26% less arrow damage and 26% less poison damage, which isnt that great.

faster attacks, life gain on hit, faster projectiles are all good choices as a 6th link
Understand perfectly now, plus uber izaro down and a very easy normal atziri run. I'll probably work on getting another gem on the tree next, then press on to higher content.

Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info