[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
what bow would you use for this build after reach of the council inevitably gets nerfed for next league?

Lioneyes glare is an excellent choice to start with, after that a well crafted thicket or maraketh bow will be good.

I think, i hope reach will still be usable for next league. The most important thing was the free GMP gem. If this is kept and its only a damage or crit chance nerf, it will probably still be the best bow to use. I will post a major update for the guide once we have all the information.

Maybe that sexy sexy bow from the hydra fight can also be used, we'll see !
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Hooray, had my first Pale Council kill tonight and got a reach :D

I was worried I wouldn't get to use the full build this season but at least now have a couple of weeks of full gear fun.

Happy times in my first POE season. Thanks again for the build cmphx, I still can barely tell good gear from rubbish stuff but hey I'm having fun :)
Thanks for the guide! Really enjoying this build, but I do have a couple of questions. What do you think about dropping BM for this setup? With wearing kaoms I don't have many options for curses and auras. Was thinking about running blasphemy with vulnerability and maybe a herald of ash idk with keeping grace in the ring. with all the leach I get i Don't see an issue, but what do you think? I don't really care for the frenzy setup. With lioneyes I was able to drop RT and thought about picking up IR just to convert all the armour I do have to evasion. I followed the tree exactly how you have it posted, but should I pick up some more damage over time on the tree instead of the pierce nodes? sorry for all the questions I just really want to make this build as perfect as I possibly can because I want to continue to use this build for a long time.

"
brunowa wrote:
Build is complete! I have atziri on farm mode and this is when I consider all my builds complete.

Level 87:
HP: 6000
Eva: 6300 h/o, 14,200 playing without flasks
Armour: 1100

DPS: 10,900 h/o, 11,200 playing without flasks

Gear:

As you can change, changed a few things from original build as I prefer "cookie cutter" builds with no thinking required... and I don't have budget for things like Reach of the Council.

So I swapped in poison gem so i dont have to worry about frenzy charges and instead used Winds of Change gloves. I also used Lightning Coil because I prefer it defensively... made me super tank :)

Great stuff!

Sent you a pm.
"
Hooray, had my first Pale Council kill tonight and got a reach :D

I was worried I wouldn't get to use the full build this season but at least now have a couple of weeks of full gear fun.

Happy times in my first POE season. Thanks again for the build cmphx, I still can barely tell good gear from rubbish stuff but hey I'm having fun :)

yay congrats :D I am glad you enjoy the build and your PoE time. If you need help identifying which item can be good for you, you can message me ingame or ask here.

"
Thanks for the guide! Really enjoying this build, but I do have a couple of questions. What do you think about dropping BM for this setup? With wearing kaoms I don't have many options for curses and auras. Was thinking about running blasphemy with vulnerability and maybe a herald of ash idk with keeping grace in the ring. with all the leach I get i Don't see an issue, but what do you think? I don't really care for the frenzy setup. With lioneyes I was able to drop RT and thought about picking up IR just to convert all the armour I do have to evasion. I followed the tree exactly how you have it posted, but should I pick up some more damage over time on the tree instead of the pierce nodes? sorry for all the questions I just really want to make this build as perfect as I possibly can because I want to continue to use this build for a long time.

Spoiler

Hey there! Dropping BM is fine. The mana leech from berserker is more than enough. However spamming frostwalls can be less easy, because it costs alot of mana to do so, and you might end up having problems spamming lightning arrow afterwards vs bosses with no additional monsters, thats why i thinkk blood magic is a bit better, but you can totally do it. I would link frost wall to blood magic then or at least use reduced mana as another link.

You also dont need an essence worm then, and can use another ring with resist/life/int/crafted added chaos. As auras you can try grace+Arctic armour, the chill is really strong, or use grace+ a purity or herald of ash. I wouldnt use blasphemy it is bad with this build because we are ranged.

You should use at least the frenzy gem itself to keep up charges, you dont need to link it to anything. Picking up IR is very bad in my opinion. High evasion+acro is much better. IR converts evasion to armor, not the other way round.

The pierce nodes are 100% mandatory and you need to have 100% pierce chance. If you dont use a drillneck with +1 arrow, you get 10% pierce from it, so you can save 1 point in the tree (pierce gem+drillneck means you only need 40% from the tree. my drillneck has +1 arrow instead of the pierce chance so i need to spend one extra point there to get the 50% pierce)

The snakebite gloves are useless if you use a poison gem in your setup. You should definetely try to use blood rage also. Frenzy charges are ALOT of extra damage as they boost the initial hit and the poison damage.

If you decide to use snakebite, you should drop the poison gem and instead use slower projectiles. It will add ALOT of extra damage aswell. Be sure to be at max. frenzies all the time when using snakebite - you do that by running bloodrage and a frenzy gem to shoot against bosses or when you run out of charges.

I absolutely love your build! I started playing PoE 1 week before Prophecy was released and this is by far the strongest character I've made so far. Uber Izaro down on farm mode, Atziri was completely demolished ... I don't think I will have enough budget to try her in uber mode but that is enough for now :)
P.S. I don't know how to post my gear here, would appreciate hearing some opinions about it.
Link to my char - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Spasko/characters, look for ReachOfThePoison.
Last edited by Spasko on Aug 20, 2016, 6:38:36 AM
"
Spasko wrote:
I absolutely love your build! I started playing PoE 1 week before Prophecy was released and this is by far the strongest character I've made so far. Uber Izaro down on farm mode, Atziri was completely demolished ... I don't think I will have enough budget to try her in uber mode but that is enough for now :)
P.S. I don't know how to post my gear here, would appreciate hearing some opinions about it.
Link to my char - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Spasko/characters, look for ReachOfThePoison.

Hi I'm glad you like the build :D your character profile is set to private so we can't see your characters :/ you either have to set it to public, or post your gear here.

You do that by clicking on a character on the top left here. It will open your character tab and you can browse through inventory and stash. If you are in "post reply" mode while looking at it, you can link items here by clicking ctrl+alt+left click on the item.
"
cmphx wrote:
"
Spasko wrote:

Hi I'm glad you like the build :D your character profile is set to private so we can't see your characters :/ you either have to set it to public, or post your gear here.

You do that by clicking on a character on the top left here. It will open your character tab and you can browse through inventory and stash. If you are in "post reply" mode while looking at it, you can link items here by clicking ctrl+alt+left click on the item.

Thank you! I'll try :D

Hmmm, couldn't manage to link my jewels, dunno why. I don't use frostbite because find it hard to maintain max frenzy charges in boss fights, even with frenzy. Any tips to improve my gear? Some pieces may not look the best but they contribute so well in capping my resistance, maintaining a decent max life pool and helping with intelligence avidity (the last one is so annoying).
"
Spasko wrote:

Thank you! I'll try :D

Spoiler

Hmmm, couldn't manage to link my jewels, dunno why. I don't use frostbite because find it hard to maintain max frenzy charges in boss fights, even with frenzy. Any tips to improve my gear? Some pieces may not look the best but they contribute so well in capping my resistance, maintaining a decent max life pool and helping with intelligence avidity (the last one is so annoying).

Hmm, that gear looks great already and there isnt much you can improve without spending tons of currency. You could try to get a better boot enchant, and a useful helmet enchant maybe. A higher rolled queen of the forest with at least 2000 evasion might be a small upgrade. And you should 20quality your boots :D oh and you forgot to link your amulet?

What about your flasks?

Your jewels should eventually all have life + some sort of damage or resists.

I dont like parts of your gem setup. How does flame golem feel like at lvl3 linked to cast when daamge taken? Personally I like leveling the brolem to lvl 20 and selfcast it, but its a matter of taste i guess.

You need to link curse on hit + vulnerability to an attack, or it will not apply the curse, thats why I link it to frenzy. It is both used to generate charges as well as cursing hard to kill enemies.

With bloodrage it shouldnt be an issue to have frenzies at max. Did you pick up frenzy charge duration in the tree?

Frenzy charges contribute quite alot to your total damage, so its good to have them at max. all the time. Shooting frenzy once into a pack from time to time isnt much effort.

Thank you for the detailed answer. Here's the thing - I have absolutely no issues at keeping max frenzy charges when mapping - I one-shot almost everything including the boss because of the frost wall. But since uber Izaro is the only real challenge I face atm and I start the fight with him with no frenzy charges at all, I find it difficult to execute the frenzy setup well. Usually I start hitting him with frenzy but as I said I am a relatively new player with bad mechanical skill so I forget either to frost wall him or run away in time and he simply kills me. So I swapped frostbite (which are of no use for me under these circumstances) with rare gloves with life and resistances and I feel they suit my noob playstyle much better :D I kill Izaro much easier when I focus on frostwalling him and bursting him down with lightning arrow, Atziri's promise and the poison which I would not have been able to apply on him with frostbite. The quality of my boots is n/c, such a silly mistake, thank you for pointing it out! What enchant should i look for them? I thought mine was a pretty good one having in mind that I never crit because of the RT. And I've played 2 earthquake builds earlier this league and both of the guides recommended using flame golem at lvl 3 linked to CWDT at level 1, so I'm kinda used to that setup. I may give it a try levelling it up and start casting it manually but again I'm afraid of myself that I will forget to do it when it dies. And of course, the helmet enchant is temporary - it's just what I got after the last uber lab. The best I've had so far is "36% increased immortal call duration" but lost it in an attempt to get one of those you recommend :D Here is the stuff I forgot to link:

Trying to link my jewels from the passive tree slots only messes things up ... maybe next time :D
Last edited by Spasko on Aug 20, 2016, 9:14:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info