[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

hi, i tried to copy ur build with whatever i have, i m miserable... pls help me in game when its possible...
thank you
"
Scaal wrote:
Hello everyone!

First - big thanks for sharing this build!

My story: i've been playing voltaxic LA since February and love it for its clearspeed and love bow builds in general ( i'm a mediocre player with limited time ), but always have been struggling with easyness of a dying - a few days ago i decided to switch from deadeye ascendancy to pathfinder for better survivability, and then found this build.

So, i just want to tell you, that even with gear, that was strictly for Volta LA (didn't change any piece of gear beside bow) and with only !10k dmg in hideout (unbuffed) i can easy clear corrupted t14 maps - still even one t15 didn't drop :( - although my clearspeed is around 1/2 of Volta LA, but that survivability ( i use no CWDT setup atm ) :)

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAdwFLQW1CC4NjREvFCAWvxmKGY4j0yP2JpUqWysKLlMwcTB8NZI2PTdMN9Q6Qj7PQzFDNkQNR35KfUtXS3hM_02STipRR1LsVUtbr13yXz9fsGHiYqxlTWqMbIxvJ287b5507XXLdoJ343gNeWh59nrvfXV_K3-Af5aExYTZh3aNfY1-jZKNv49glwaaapuNm7Wdqp9to4qn1KlutMW00bVItfK74702vea-p8AawOPBBMLswzrEosedyAzI8MpKzZjTb9N-1CPWiti92sHdqOOf6mLrY-0_7YPuDu8O73rxs_Vv9z38xf66_sj_EA==?accountName=Scaal&characterName=VoltaxicVSNerf

Life: 6000, mana: 970
I prefer stick to mana, because BM keystone is very far away from me, and with pathfinder's ascendancy, switching to mana flask in no regen/no leech maps is not an issue.

Once i save some currency, will change the helmet, and jewellery for even more life & res.
So - it's the build i was exactly looking for! :D I'm using Lioneye's Glare for purpose ( it's not even near perf roll ) - to see if it's viable in red maps and to prove that this build can be easily played from the start of the new league. So both tests have passed :D

Once again - thanks for sharing and fresh idea of a ranger build :)

Cheers!

Hey there, thanks for you post ! I am glad you were able to make it work as a pathfinder, even without reach, that looks very promising !

I've also played alot of voltaxic/bow characters in both talisman and perandus. While the damage and clearspeed was great, having ~5000 life and a bit of evasion/acro sometimes felt really squishy and the risk of dying was too high for me in general. thats why i made this build, to cover those old weaknesses :)

I agree on being mana based, its very easy i think as a pathfinder. Maybe you can also switch rats nest to devotos, since you dont really have crit?

a few notes on your tree: i would completely skip the way from ballistic mastery up to hired killer, it does not look efficient. what about this:

should be alot better.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
So I hit the low 70s with this build and while the dps is amazing, it feels a bit squishy even with 5.2k life. Haven't even taken aspect of carnage yet. What could be the reason?

Well 5,2k Life are for low 70s really good.

You get a lot life through lvling.
Also no clue why you're feeling squishy like that.
You could go for phase acrobatics (especially for spells superior).

Otherwise the defense should be equal to the builds creator (if we consider that you do lower maps than him).

If you want more defense you could go mana based and use enfeeble with blasphemy.
Also you could use vaal pact. Vaal pact + cloaked in savagery = nearly unkillable.

"
honhub wrote:
hi, i tried to copy ur build with whatever i have, i m miserable... pls help me in game when its possible...
thank you

I guess we can only help you if you set your characters public or post your equip and skill tree.
Last edited by Toaster404 on Jul 29, 2016, 3:00:59 AM
"
cmphx wrote:

Hey there, thanks for you post ! I am glad you were able to make it work as a pathfinder, even without reach, that looks very promising !

I've also played alot of voltaxic/bow characters in both talisman and perandus. While the damage and clearspeed was great, having ~5000 life and a bit of evasion/acro sometimes felt really squishy and the risk of dying was too high for me in general. thats why i made this build, to cover those old weaknesses :)

I agree on being mana based, its very easy i think as a pathfinder. Maybe you can also switch rats nest to devotos, since you dont really have crit?

a few notes on your tree: i would completely skip the way from ballistic mastery up to hired killer, it does not look efficient. what about this:

should be alot better.

Hi there!

Exactly like you wrote - even having ~5k life wasn't enough to feel comfortable, especially with uber Izaro/ t14/t15 map bosses - now it's all done and left behind, so once again - thanks a lot for sharing your ideas :D

I must also admit, that Lioneye's Glare is very viable for this build (especially the near perf/perf roll) since next league Reach will be unavailable/very hard to obtain [dependent on GGG decisions].

@cmphx - big thanks for tree improvements - now i have 6,3k life and 11,3k dmg unbuffed, so things are going better and better :)

I wrote in my previous post, that firstly i only switched bow( and it's a mid roll at best) just to prove that this build is very viable even without proper gear :) I need to change helmet in first place, cause rat's nest is not optimal - and for that i need currency, so spending 1,5ex on regrets didn't help at all with that :) So everything in time.
Also jewellery need to be replaced - and i think that in mid August i will be able to replace them & the helmet, and then i can finally post complete Pathfinder version of this build :)
But for now the gear is just enough to clear 8 mod t14 maps :)

I need to test one more thing - atm i'm still using wrath aura (due to ele dmg mods on gear), but when i change jewellery and jewels (int on them won't be necessary anymore) - will try blasphemy + vulnerability & version with 2 curses: vulne + enfeeble/proj weakness.

Cheers!
"
"
So I hit the low 70s with this build and while the dps is amazing, it feels a bit squishy even with 5.2k life. Haven't even taken aspect of carnage yet. What could be the reason?

Well 5,2k Life are for low 70s really good.

You get a lot life through lvling.
Also no clue why you're feeling squishy like that.
You could go for phase acrobatics (especially for spells superior).

Otherwise the defense should be equal to the builds creator (if we consider that you do lower maps than him).

If you want more defense you could go mana based and use enfeeble with blasphemy.
Also you could use vaal pact. Vaal pact + cloaked in savagery = nearly unkillable.

Thanks for the tips :)
I don't mind being BM and the extra 35% life is quite nice but VP + cloaked in savagery sounds like an interesting choice, though I'd miss the life regen when doing lab.
I am also guessing that this problem is gonna go away eventually at higher lvls.
I'm thinking of making this to start next league but have a couple questions/thoughts that I'm really debating between, not sure if anyone has tried and what are your thoughts on them:

Pretext: Again, planning for start of new league build = assuming no reach of the council

Weapon: Lioneye's Glare vs Voltaxic

1) Shock: Anyone using lioneye's glare out there, can you tell if you are able to reliably shock bosses with just the lightning dmg from the LA conversion?

2)

i) Lioneye's has an avg pdps of 310, half of which get's converted to lightning, leaving you with 150 base pdps that could poison the mob. (saves 2 points to RT)

ii) Voltaxic has an avg pdps of 96 and edps of 230, after LA and voltaxic conversion, we get 48pdps and 167 cdps ( [230 + 48 from LA conversion] * [.6 voltaxic conversion] ) = 215 base dps capable of applying poison.

2-a) Looking strictly as base dmg capable of applying poison - isn't voltaxic better than lioneye's?
2-b) If lioneye is not able to shock reliably, isn't voltaxic much superior due to the chaos shock?

3) Projectile Weakness vs Vul

Projectile weakness makes enemy take 44% inc dmg vs Vul is 33% on phyiscal and DoT only

Given most of our dmg is coming from chaos and half of physical dmg is converted to lightning, vul only helps with the DoT part.

Let's ignore the lightning part and assume we have 9k chaos and 1k physical totaling 10k hit.

PW: 10,000 * 1.44 = 14400 with poison dmg of 2880 = total of 17280

Vul: 9000 + 1000*1.29 = 10290 with poison dmg of 2737 (2058*1.33) = total of 13027

** Even if assuming 50% chaos and 50% phy dmg
Vul: 5000 + 5000*1.29 = 11450 with poison dmg of 3045 (2290*1.33) = total of 14495

Isn't PW better in all case?

A reason I could think of for not using PW is that the knockback might move the mob away from the FW?

4) Cospri + Vul on hit corrupted gloves + Wrath vs QoTF + snakebite + Grace

I know 1 of the feature of the build is the MS from QoTF, but what if we use Cospri with a VCoH gloves for the poison?

+1 curse from Cospri lets us use another curse (TC/Enfeeble for def, or just ham with Projectile weakness (see #3)

Dropping QoTF also means less reason to use Grace (playing SC, so deeps all the way)

Wrath vs grace
Lvl 20 wrath gives 37~248 lightning dmg, which translates to an average of 85.5 base chaos dmg

Please let me know if I'm overlooking something

Last edited by SieghartX2 on Jul 29, 2016, 4:00:00 PM
"
SieghartX2 wrote:
I'm thinking of making this to start next league but have a couple questions/thoughts that I'm really debating between, not sure if anyone has tried and what are your thoughts on them:

Pretext: Again, planning for start of new league build = assuming no reach of the council

Weapon: Lioneye's Glare vs Voltaxic

1) Shock: Anyone using lioneye's glare out there, can you tell if you are able to reliably shock bosses with just the lightning dmg from the LA conversion?

shock is not reliable with this build. you dont need it for trash, and you dont for bosses - those bosses that would feel the extra damage from shock, i recommend using vaal lightning trap (i use it in an unused slot in my gearsetup)

"
SieghartX2 wrote:

2)

i) Lioneye's has an avg pdps of 310, half of which get's converted to lightning, leaving you with 150 base pdps that could poison the mob. (saves 2 points to RT)

ii) Voltaxic has an avg pdps of 96 and edps of 230, after LA and voltaxic conversion, we get 48pdps and 167 cdps ( [230 + 48 from LA conversion] * [.6 voltaxic conversion] ) = 215 base dps capable of applying poison.

2-a) Looking strictly as base dmg capable of applying poison - isn't voltaxic better than lioneye's?
2-b) If lioneye is not able to shock reliably, isn't voltaxic much superior due to the chaos shock?

Iron grip and random physical damage nodes that you pick up just from travelling is a factor that you forgot here. Plus the fact that glare has build in RT which can save you alot of passive points. Other than that, voltaxic is a very much considerable alternative to glare. I havent done the math completely to say anything educated here, but you might want to do the math on it. However dont forget the phys/iron grip part. Plus the higher attackspeed on glare is very good, because it also increases the speed at which you attack with the added chaos gem. you'd have to compare the total flat damage times increased times attackspeed to get a better comparison.

"
SieghartX2 wrote:

3) Projectile Weakness vs Vul

Projectile weakness makes enemy take 44% inc dmg vs Vul is 33% on phyiscal and DoT only

Given most of our dmg is coming from chaos and half of physical dmg is converted to lightning, vul only helps with the DoT part.

Let's ignore the lightning part and assume we have 9k chaos and 1k physical totaling 10k hit.

PW: 10,000 * 1.44 = 14400 with poison dmg of 2880 = total of 17280

Vul: 9000 + 1000*1.29 = 10290 with poison dmg of 2737 (2058*1.33) = total of 13027

** Even if assuming 50% chaos and 50% phy dmg
Vul: 5000 + 5000*1.29 = 11450 with poison dmg of 3045 (2290*1.33) = total of 14495

Isn't PW better in all case?

A reason I could think of for not using PW is that the knockback might move the mob away from the FW?

Yes just from comparing numbers, PW is better. But as you said, the knockback is very tricky. In case you spam walls on top of the boss, he usually gets knocked back away so the walls are between you and the boss. That means any extra knockback effect on your attacks knocks the boss back even further away and away from the walls , so the extra effects from LA piercing dont trigger anymore. I find that way too unreliable to be useful. You'd have to make sure you always spam the walls BEHIND the boss, then it works. But from my experience, boss fights are messy and you cant reliably place walls exactly where you want it. Therefore i decided to go with Vuln, even if on paper proj weakness is better.

"
SieghartX2 wrote:

4) Cospri + Vul on hit corrupted gloves + Wrath vs QoTF + snakebite + Grace

I know 1 of the feature of the build is the MS from QoTF, but what if we use Cospri with a VCoH gloves for the poison?

+1 curse from Cospri lets us use another curse (TC/Enfeeble for def, or just ham with Projectile weakness (see #3)

Dropping QoTF also means less reason to use Grace (playing SC, so deeps all the way)

Wrath vs grace
Lvl 20 wrath gives 37~248 lightning dmg, which translates to an average of 85.5 base chaos dmg

Please let me know if I'm overlooking something

problem with cospri and CoH gloves: It will not apply poison with the first hit (i asked the dev in this new AMA thread. it works like this: after you hit a mob, its checked if it has a curse. if yes, it applies poison. THEN it applies the curse from CoH ). So you have to hit another time to apply poison. Since you kinda want poison on the first hit while clearing maps, i dont think its viable as it will slow you down considerably, since you often will need to hit a mob twice now.

You can try blasphemy, but since there is no AoE/Curse AoE nearby, the radius is kinda tiny. So you would always have to be close to the boss when you want to poison him. However its much safer in most cases to stand offscreen and spam attacks from a save distance. Therefore i dont think cospri is very useful for this build, sadly.

If you use voltaxic, wrath is of course very good. Its just that super high evasion (15k or higher) in combination with arrow dancing especially is super strong defense. Its so good that e.g. vs porcupines, often my CWDT doesnt even trigger, because i evade/dodge basicly all of the shit from their explosions.

Thank you for your input/sharing your thoughts. Depending on what will change for 2.4, i might re-theorycraft the build for voltaxic or glare, so i am open to any more suggestions/ideas !
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
First thanks for nice build, I was having fun with everything, very ballanced build, strong damage and fast clear. But I have big issues with Uber Lab, traps are dealing so much damage, I died several times due to traps. I can manage Izaro itself, but I often get into situation my flasks are empty, no mobs around, so cannot refill and then traps get me while trying to run through them. I have exact the same flasks as you, which is great for Izaro and harder mobs, but I needed more life after trap damage, so I added some life flask, but even with two of them and three utility in uber lab I am dying. Perhaps I am doing somethign wrong, can somebody give some advice? Currently lvl 88, all resists overcapped, life 6,5k, have 7 great jewels which cost me like 10ex, but those damn traps still get me. Thanks in advance.

edit: i did uber lab only once, it was some good layout, so I have full ascendancy.
Last edited by lakyljuk on Jul 29, 2016, 6:07:49 PM
Thanks for the swift reply lol.

1) Shock - yeah I guess its not really needed,just the old habit of wanting everything.
Not sure how i feel about having 3 vaal skills (VH,VG,VLT)

2) Lioneye vs voltaxic: yeah it completely skipped my mind about iron grip's bonus being physical only, for some reason i thought of it as just generic projectile dmg.

I guess the best weapon is still reach or some generic high pdps bow, which makes me feel kinda sad as I was really hoping to stay away from the mainstream pdps bow, probably just gonna stick with Lioneye's for the new league lol.

3) PW vs Vul: yeah, that was my guess, thanks for confirming =)

On the note of frostwall, how crucial is decoy totem (to lure mobs next to the FW)?
Does the mobs run/gets pushed away often from the wall? rendering the FW useless

Just curious about having a spell totem-wither setup

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info