[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
RalenV wrote:
Have you tried Alberon's Warpath boots instead of the whalers? Wondering if the 1-80 added chaos damage gives a bigger bonus to damage then the projectile damage.

whalers give boost of 300 damage on all of my lightning , chaos and physical damage parts of lightning arrow skill, meanwhile alberons would give me only flat damage increase, I'm only not certain how it would scale with % increases from passives, but i think it would be less, I will test it tommorow.
Spreading salt since 2006
nvm, didn't realize something in the guide.
Last edited by kayklown on Jul 23, 2016, 8:14:02 PM
Very good build. My gear so far in PSC:

Bow took 9 tries. Next step will be to get a HH and possibly + max res 5L queen of the forest.
Old HC Mirror Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/516260
"
Necromael wrote:
"
RalenV wrote:
Have you tried Alberon's Warpath boots instead of the whalers? Wondering if the 1-80 added chaos damage gives a bigger bonus to damage then the projectile damage.

whalers give boost of 300 damage on all of my lightning , chaos and physical damage parts of lightning arrow skill, meanwhile alberons would give me only flat damage increase, I'm only not certain how it would scale with % increases from passives, but i think it would be less, I will test it tommorow.

I tested Alberon's Warpath boots, it is actually insane.
it boost my hideout unbuff lightning arrow dps from 21771=>24072 which is around 2300 dps boost
it is Armour and es based so it is easy to colour r-r-r for the immortal call step in it.
Meanwhile whalers boost my hideout unbuff from 21771=>23748 which is 1977 dps boost
it is ev/es based so best you can do is use vorici to colour r-g-g for increase duration - bloodrage - vaal haste setup.

On the other hand, if you pick atzri step, it will roughly give you 2% more movementspeed with the 6XX ev stat. It also have 70 life and 30 MS plus some spell dodge,

I recommend people who play this build as champion wearing kintsugi to use Alberon (if you already resist cap without boot, it have nice chaos resist on it) or whaler (if you need the lightning resist to cap resist). This can boost your damage to compensate the loss of 40% more damage from not choosing breseker
For the movespeed lover, we already have enough damage to melt stuff tbh, so having a 300+ ev boot which have 30% movespeed is important to maximize movespeed. If you can resist cap (better even cap with elemental weakness) then you could choose atizri step.

I personally choose rare boot to help me cap resist even in elemental weakness map.

Time to show off a bit my gear
Spoiler

As a poor guy can't 6-link anything, I really love my belt :P
alberons is okay if you can cap resist and get decent life without a life/res boot pair.

However guys keep in mind that 40% projectile damage from whalers also increases the poison damage, which is not shown in tooltip. so just comparing dps numbers is not truly sufficient. I guess both boots are kinda equal because of that.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
I have a question, many of you playing this build.
So what body armour is better: Kintsugi vs Queen of the Forest?
IGN: Blake_cz
"
Blakecz wrote:

If you play SC, definitely Queen of the Forest, only with QOTF we can achieve like 250% movement speed by stacking evasion, you literally out speed everything.

For hardcore, it may be better to pick up a kintugi for more defense, you will not run very fast. It is like 50% movement speed for kintugi vs 250% movement speed for QOTF. It is up to your choice.
Last edited by martincyc on Jul 24, 2016, 9:59:58 AM
"
martincyc wrote:
"
Blakecz wrote:

If you play SC, definitely Queen of the Forest, only with QOTF we can achieve like 250% movement speed by stacking evasion, you literally out speed everything.

For hardcore, it may be better to pick up a kintugi for more defense, you will not run very fast. It is like 50% movement speed for kintugi vs 250% movement speed for QOTF. It is up to your choice.

I use a 6L Lightning Coil right now, because it's all I could get that is 6L right now. I am playing a Champion in PHC though. I leveled both a marauder and a duelist to compare. The marauder just feels way too squishy for HC. Lightning Coil combined with Champion buffs is just so damn tanky. I have just under 7300 health at the moment, level 91. At about 19,000 damage tooltip while in hideout on my LA. I love this build though. I would like to 6L my RoTC to try different chests, but that will have to be a long term goal.

I am going to respec out of some life and pick up Phase Acro next. The only real bursty damage I take anymore is from spells. Wearing lightning coil really doesn't give me a lot of freedom with other parts of my gear though. I can't really drop any piece of gear without replacing something with high lightning res.

Spoiler
Last edited by crono14 on Jul 24, 2016, 4:32:23 PM
Your build looks very impressive but I have a question -

Instead of using snakebite and frenzy to poison enemies, why not use the poison gem in the 6th slot and sustain frenzy charges via blood rage?

You could get some nice ias gloves with life/res instead, and the lvl 20 gem also gives 38% poison dmg. Wouldn't it be better than faster projectiles?
"
Your build looks very impressive but I have a question -

Instead of using snakebite and frenzy to poison enemies, why not use the poison gem in the 6th slot and sustain frenzy charges via blood rage?

You could get some nice ias gloves with life/res instead, and the lvl 20 gem also gives 38% poison dmg. Wouldn't it be better than faster projectiles?

yep thats totally viable. I am using bloodrage already maybe youve missed that. frenzy is just for cases where i fight a boss with no adds.

the build you see now has come a long way and when i started theorycrafting it, the snakebite were still mandatory (because reach didnt exist then) but if you have a 6L reach, you can of course use the poison gem and different gloves (rares or winds of change for example)

The good thing about snakebite is that they make you want to be at max. frenzy charges all the time. thats actually a good thing, since the charges contribute to a big portion of your peak dps. 16% more initial damage and 16% more poison damage with 4 charges is pretty huge, so even with the poison gem, keep an eye on your charges !
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
Last edited by cmphx on Jul 25, 2016, 4:29:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info