[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
lakyljuk wrote:
First thanks for nice build, I was having fun with everything, very ballanced build, strong damage and fast clear. But I have big issues with Uber Lab, traps are dealing so much damage, I died several times due to traps. I can manage Izaro itself, but I often get into situation my flasks are empty, no mobs around, so cannot refill and then traps get me while trying to run through them. I have exact the same flasks as you, which is great for Izaro and harder mobs, but I needed more life after trap damage, so I added some life flask, but even with two of them and three utility in uber lab I am dying. Perhaps I am doing somethign wrong, can somebody give some advice? Currently lvl 88, all resists overcapped, life 6,5k, have 7 great jewels which cost me like 10ex, but those damn traps still get me. Thanks in advance.

edit: i did uber lab only once, it was some good layout, so I have full ascendancy.

Uber lab needs some practice i guess. I ran lab over 200 times in perandus for the achievement to get 40/40 so i got used to it. A few tips:
1. never use bloodrage in lab
Thats the most important one. The build has alot of life regen in the tree. With bloodrage its down to zero. You can heal alot by waiting abit between traps if you want to save flask charges.
2. be very economical with flask charges
dont pop a flask when youre at 66%health and you have time to regen back up/leech up. only use it when you HAVE to. Carrying two instead of one flask also helps if you feel like you need it
3. speedrunning through everything is often better than the careful approach
i dont know why, but many people say this too: pop quicksilver and yolo through everything quickly often feels safer than the careful approach

overall its just practice i guess. but the main part really is not to use bloodrage and rely on the life regen/leech that you get. i hope that helped. good luck !

"
SieghartX2 wrote:
Thanks for the swift reply lol.

1) Shock - yeah I guess its not really needed,just the old habit of wanting everything.
Not sure how i feel about having 3 vaal skills (VH,VG,VLT)

2) Lioneye vs voltaxic: yeah it completely skipped my mind about iron grip's bonus being physical only, for some reason i thought of it as just generic projectile dmg.

I guess the best weapon is still reach or some generic high pdps bow, which makes me feel kinda sad as I was really hoping to stay away from the mainstream pdps bow, probably just gonna stick with Lioneye's for the new league lol.

3) PW vs Vul: yeah, that was my guess, thanks for confirming =)

On the note of frostwall, how crucial is decoy totem (to lure mobs next to the FW)?
Does the mobs run/gets pushed away often from the wall? rendering the FW useless

Just curious about having a spell totem-wither setup

1) i dont use VG in my setup so carrying a vlt doesnt feel bad. but actually i never use it, not even for uber atziri. but in the gem setup there is space for it, so in case something more difficult shows up in 2.4 for which shock helps, its ready to be used :)

2) yeah a high pdps thicket or maraketh bow will be very good for this build, if reach is not available. early on in a league they are just not that available, so glare is a very good choice until that.
Alterations are very cheap this league, over 1000 per ex, so crafting a bow can be a thing too.

I also bought these two babies:

to test if a malicious bow could be an option. I wasnt too satisfied with it, but i need to do more testing/dps comparing. If you have a character in prophecy league i can borrow you these bows to do your own testing

3) you dont need decoy totem for frost wall. you dont need the totem in maps actually. Just spam frost walls right onto/before/behind the boss and spam LA - before he can even think of moving away, the boss is dead.

Decoy totem is very very very very very very very very very useful almost mandatory MVP supergood in these situations:

- Core Malachai fight
- uber lab
- uber atziri

i posted videos in uber lab how to use it. it is the perfect distraction for bosses, since they will always focus the totem, which gives you time to
- charge up frenzies in case youre not at max
- reposition yourself
- place frostwalls to prepare sick DPS
- leech back life in case you were hurt

i cannot stress this enough. For tough content, this totem is the MVP. Since we have lots of strength, you can level it to 20/20 so it actually can take a few hits.
In my setup its also linked with faster casting, making it a bit more efficient i feel.

For core malachai it distracts him alot, he will damage it leaving you free to dps him down. you can take care of the traps he places on the ground by placing a totem on it. its super good.

it attracts the uber trash snakes which are the only dangerous thing in uber. it distracts the phys trio so much i was able to kill them without taking any damage. its sooo good vs the phys trio its the MVP i am repeating myself here but its just crazy. In split phase often times the flameblast clone will attack the totem instead of you. It helps so so much.

In lab it will distract izaro to the point where you never get hit. It will distract argus so much that you can safely take on him.

Decoy totem is the MVP. i hope you understand :D

Spelltotem+wither can be good too as it increases the damage alot. but you only need more damage in uber/core malachai, in which i think decoy totem has much more uses, as i tried to explain above :D
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Jul 30, 2016, 6:42:06 AM
"
Uber lab needs some practice i guess. I ran lab 200 times in perandus for the achievement to get 40/40 so i got used to it. A few tips:
1. never use bloodrage in lab
Thats the most important one. The build has alot of life regen in the tree. With bloodrage its down to zero. You can heal alot by waiting abit between traps if you want to save flask charges.
2. be very economical with flask charges
dont pop a flask when youre at 66%health and you have time to regen back up/leech up. only use it when you HAVE to. Carrying two instead of one flask also helps if you feel like you need it
3. speedrunning through everything is often better than the careful approach
i dont know why, but many people say this too: pop quicksilver and yolo through everything quickly often feels safer than the careful approach

overall its just practice i guess. but the main part really is not to use bloodrage and rely on the life regen/leech that you get. i hope that helped. good luck !

Thank you very much, it helped. Blood rage blocking Regen I found hard way. And with popping flasks, it is really better to pop two at the same time and traps don't hurt. But I often freak out and pop everything several times, and often run out of them. So I will be practicing more and try not to panic so much :-)
small MTX update :)

"
SieghartX2 wrote:
I'm thinking of making this to start next league but have a couple questions/thoughts that I'm really debating between, not sure if anyone has tried and what are your thoughts on them:

Pretext: Again, planning for start of new league build = assuming no reach of the council

Weapon: Lioneye's Glare vs Voltaxic

1) Shock: Anyone using lioneye's glare out there, can you tell if you are able to reliably shock bosses with just the lightning dmg from the LA conversion?

2)

i) Lioneye's has an avg pdps of 310, half of which get's converted to lightning, leaving you with 150 base pdps that could poison the mob. (saves 2 points to RT)

ii) Voltaxic has an avg pdps of 96 and edps of 230, after LA and voltaxic conversion, we get 48pdps and 167 cdps ( [230 + 48 from LA conversion] * [.6 voltaxic conversion] ) = 215 base dps capable of applying poison.

2-a) Looking strictly as base dmg capable of applying poison - isn't voltaxic better than lioneye's?
2-b) If lioneye is not able to shock reliably, isn't voltaxic much superior due to the chaos shock?

Dont think that a Voltaxic would have a good position in this build (at least if you dont scale the ele dmg).

But there is an other cheaper unique Bow which has a higher Chaos dps than Voltaxic.
It's called Null's Inclination and really a fun bow.

This Bow has the positive aspect, that it has nearly only chaos damage.
So doesn't matter what skill youre using, you will mostly only deal chaos damage -> full poison damage and no reflect problems at all.
With a version of cmphx's tree Null's has around the same dmg as Voltaxic and 20% less damage than Lioneyes Glare.
But that's mostly because I don't use Resolute Technique (have only 85% accuracy) and because there is tons of inc phys damage on tree, what doesnt help Null's a lot but Lioneyes -> change it with chaos damage and voila.

So basically you gain nearly as much dmg as with Lioneyes Glare + a lot higher poison dmg, since lightning arrow covnerts only phys dmg to lightning (not forgetting reflect immunity, the little phys dmg doesnt really matter on phys reflect maps).
Also the bow has a nice stat, that you summon all socketed minion gems.
So you get a meatshield of minions for free.

Still Reach of the Council outbeats Null's dps for sure (what a surprise haha).
If we consider how expensive RotC is and that you won't get it next league, it may be a nice choice as well.
Last edited by Toaster404 on Jul 30, 2016, 11:42:34 AM
"
Dont think that a Voltaxic would have a good position in this build (at least if you dont scale the ele dmg).

But there is an other cheaper unique Bow which has a higher Chaos dps than Voltaxic.
It's called Null's Inclination and really a fun bow.

the problem with the bow is it needs 212 intelligence, which is nearly impossible to get with this build without sacrificing too much. If one decides to use that bow, its better to go elementalist or necromancer with it.

Voltaxic is very much viable iwth this build as some people here have made it work. Projectile damage scales elemental damage aswell so you dont need to change much to make it work.

Instead of Nulls inclanation one can use a malicious ilvl84 thicket or maraketh bow and get similar damage than nulls withtout having to get 212 int
With the build of cmphx, i did my variations to make this build more tank and powerfull.
Here is the result for you guys.

Original build

Here we go! =p

Screens

Spoiler
All buff, Skills, Charges and Flasks.

Ascendary
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

Passive tree

How Works

Spoiler
Frenzy for get frenzy charges and curse enemys, so spam Lightining Arrow in mobs, for boss and difficult monster just use frost wall in the front and kill any monster really faster.

Basic Idea

Spoiler
Using the nodle of Graceful Assault in passive tree and daresso you can boost your def and attack all the time, because everyhit you will turn on the Onslaught and end charges so you get really more tank and you can now have an free space for any flask you want.

Thanks to cmphx for this build all credits is your!

*WARNING*

Spoiler
i had a lot of difficult to put 3 green and 2 blue socket in Daresso

REMEMBER TO ALLWAYS CAST YOUR FLASKS!

Thanks to cmphx for this build all credits is your!

My topic for share this build =)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1707107
Last edited by Mrdig1993 on Jul 30, 2016, 1:47:46 PM
"
cmphx wrote:

the problem with the bow is it needs 212 intelligence, which is nearly impossible to get with this build without sacrificing too much. If one decides to use that bow, its better to go elementalist or necromancer with it.

Voltaxic is very much viable iwth this build as some people here have made it work. Projectile damage scales elemental damage aswell so you dont need to change much to make it work.

Instead of Nulls inclanation one can use a malicious ilvl84 thicket or maraketh bow and get similar damage than nulls withtout having to get 212 int

I get your point and it is right that 212 int arent as easy to get.
Actually I was able to get enough int with the investment of one jewel socket and a bit int on a jewellery.
Ofc it sucks to sacrifice a jewel socket but it's in my opinion a lot better option than a malicious bow, since Null's has a lot higher chaos damage. In addition, malicious bows are sadly pretty rare.. would be difficult to get a good one. :x
And last but not least Null's offers an insane defense (shouldn't be underrated).

Actually you're right that Necromancer is a nice choice too (Elementalist not at all).
Berserker has slightly more damage and an insane leech, Necromancer has more movementspeed, more minion damage and no intelligence problems (but has to travel more through the tree).

Nevertheless, I don't see Voltaxic being better, you can't do anymore ele ref maps with it and the chaos damage is also way lower.

But that's just my opinion (never liked Voltaxic though).

@RodrigoCaliman

Eeeh you said you made the build more tanky?
You have only 6k life and 173% life on skilltree.. sry but 173% is pretty squishy and if you even needed the Blood Magic node to achieve that amount of life.. x,X

Your dmg may be higher, but that wasnt the purpose of this build.. it was supposed to be tanky with a decent damage, not squishy and a bit better decent damage. :)

Still ty for sharing. ;D
Last edited by Toaster404 on Jul 30, 2016, 2:10:48 PM
"
cmphx wrote:

For higher tier maps you need at least one of the following:

Reach of the council + a 5Link OR
Good phys bow (e.g. Lioneye's Glare) +6Link.

How does this build go with a 5L Lioneyes and a 5 Link chest?

Unfortunately I can't afford any 6L's or a Reach of the Council. But if the build is still good with 5L's I want to give it a go!
"
brunowa wrote:
"
cmphx wrote:

For higher tier maps you need at least one of the following:

Reach of the council + a 5Link OR
Good phys bow (e.g. Lioneye's Glare) +6Link.

How does this build go with a 5L Lioneyes and a 5 Link chest?

Unfortunately I can't afford any 6L's or a Reach of the Council. But if the build is still good with 5L's I want to give it a go!

Well its still viable with a 5L, but you will be alot slower in terms of clearspeed, i.e. you cant oneshot everything.

But getting a tabula is not that expensive, and you can get corrupted 6L chests/low evasion based 6L white chests for under 1ex, so its not that expensive
This really is one hell of a build but there is one thing I don't get. Why don't you just use some of these boots to generate the charges?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info