[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

Will jewel mod "x% increased damage" also double dip? Or does it need to be 'projectile' when shopping for jewels?
Been trying out the build, it's really good so far. Only major downside for me was I had to pump a decent amount of chaos into getting a good amulet and ring for int and resists.

Map running is fantastic; I get up to 195% movespeed with my gear setup when popping evasion flasks and quicksilver and haven't even gotten Celerity yet.

For lab the build is great though I personally switch to Kintsugi for easier trap running, and on Izaro swap the faster proj on Reach for a poison gem. It's nice on that fight to be able to skip right to walling Izaro after you dodge the first attack as even with not having all the chaos/proj damage nodes or a LA helm enchant, Izaro dies in last phase right as the first totem expires.

Good work on the build. I may also try out a slayer variant at some point. Hopefully the damage can be similar without much investment into more damage nodes on the tree.
Last edited by robotuprising on Jul 14, 2016, 2:31:12 AM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
AdamnMiller wrote:
"
RicoKGB wrote:
Now gem setup for Voltaxic:

LA - GMP - Pierce - Added Lightning - Weapon Elemental DMG - Void Manipulation

Added Lightning is better than Added Chaos in this setup. It will scale via elemental nodes and weapon elemental dmg gem.

Have you considered Added Lightning AND Added Chaos in lieu of Void Manipulation? Here are my tooltips:

20/20 Added Chaos Damage + L19 / 20Q Added Lightning Damage: 11097
L19 / 20Q Added Lightning Damage + L19 / 0Q Void Manipulation: 9775
20/20 Added Chaos Damage + L19 / 0Q Void Manipulation: 9150

totally not worth it. the lightning damage is penalized much more heavily by widespread res than either phys or chaos damage. additionally, lightning damage does scale the tooltip, but not the poison. and around two third of this builds damage comes from the poison and is thus invisible on tooltip. giving up a 39% more multiplier for the poison to gain some LSC damage is not a good idea (LSC = lying char screen).

We were doscussing the Voltaxic setup, so 60% of that lightning is converted to chaos, more than that its going to be scaled via ele nodes, WED on gear and by multiplied by WED gem before that conversion, resulting with more chaos dmg at the end than added chaos. Outside of Voltaxic setup I totally agree.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jul 14, 2016, 3:30:37 AM
Really nice build. I've gotta try this. Thank for sharing.
"
RicoKGB wrote:

We were doscussing the Voltaxic setup, so 60% of that lightning is converted to chaos, more than that its going to be scaled via ele nodes, WED on gear and by multiplied by WED gem before that conversion, resulting with more chaos dmg at the end than added chaos. Outside of Voltaxic setup I totally agree.

ok, I see. but on a build that gets 2/3rd of its damage from poison, using lmp or gmp with a double dipping less multiplier seems like a bad idea to me. for this reason alone, I'm already fairly certain that voltaxic variations of this build will be nowhere near as good as RotC ones.

simply put: RotC allowing us to skip lmp/gmp is the major, if not the sole, reason why this build's damage gets out of hand with minimal investment.
"
Black_Gun wrote:
simply put: RotC allowing us to skip lmp/gmp is the major, if not the sole, reason why this build's damage gets out of hand with minimal investment.

100% this. However, the Voltaxic Rift variant is useful right now for me, especially in Standard where Reach is 25+ex at best. I ran a 5L Lioneye's Glare and had more success with the 6L Voltaxic.

The build as you set it up seems pretty perfect with RotC. Can't wait to get lucky and grab one.
Reach of the council is hardly "minimal investment'. the bow is expensive as shit. how does this build compare against an assassin bleed build with reach of the council?

also to my first question, with a 5L glare, is this build viable for higher mid tier maps to farm currency for reach?
"

Ofcourse. Voltaxic was posted as a cheaper option that works more than fine even in reds maps.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
godhand456 wrote:
Reach of the council is hardly "minimal investment'. the bow is expensive as shit. how does this build compare against an assassin bleed build with reach of the council?

So for mapping the clear speed is better because that's what LA shines at. You do sometimes get a few stragglers though which usually aren't worth your time to solo kill so I just got used to skipping them.

For bosses this build kills them quite a bit faster IF you have ice walls up. If for some reason you can't get walls up reliably (they're pretty damn easy to use with decoy totem especially) then you might as well port out and switch attack gems because that would probably be 5x faster.

Resistances and the required int are a bit harder to get with this build since you use so many uniques. It wasn't too unmanageable but I had to scour poe.trade for a while to get the perfect ring/amulet combo for maxing resists and int (I still need to use 1 jewel with int+resists too). In the meantime you could use a rare helmet before finding a better setup. Or rare gloves if you have a 6L reach and use a poison gem.

All in all I've been enjoying this build a bit more. The big health pool is really nice; The only downside being with Blood Magic and Essence Wurm you can't really run anything other than 1 aura (but +2 grace is super good anyway). Granted I didn't get to the uber levels of the assassin bleed build with +2 proj helm enchant and +1 arrow drillneck; however, even with my current gear and lack of a few damage nodes I still kill last phase uber Izaro (using a poison gem so I don't have to attack with frenzy) before he gets off a second attack.

Unfortunately I'm not sure you good a 5L glare would be, I got lucky and got my reach early through farming prophs for the keys.
Cool build. Can you please set your account that we can see your characters?
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info