[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

In what order would you skill Slayer if u've chosen to go that route?
"
ashur0226 wrote:
... Other than that phys reflect seems to be a big nono. My solution is grab a voltaxic and stick a gwp instead of faster proj, it still clears quite while. All in all with this build i m very comfortable doing red maps. Atziris. And is probably the safest archer i ve played(rip voltaxic cough cough).

Hey thanks alot for posting your experiences here ! :D When you talk about phys reflect you probably mean phys reflect maps - yeah they are a problem, and there is two solutions to it. The one i posted in my post was to use the belt that has "deal no physical damage" - i just swap my belt for that one in phys reflect maps. damage gets quite a bit lower but because of added chaos its still enough.

The second option would be to use a physical to lightning gem - however we cannot just swap out added chaos for that gem as addedchaos is mandatory, so it would require recoloring the 6L to ggggbb.
However if you use item rarity as a 6th link instead of faster projectiles, then swapping in phys2lightning would work.

"
SolSolis wrote:
Hey all, anyone want to help let me know why my damage is garbage?

Spoiler

Hey i checked your tree and gear and it seems very good. The flasks you use are crappy though, get a hallowed or a divine flask with seething or bubbling prefix. Also lioneye's roar does nothing as the flask is only for melee builds.

I have no idea why you think the damage is garbage, you probably miss something about the playstyle - why exactly do you have problems with that level of gear?

"
Vivalamuerte wrote:
In what order would you skill Slayer if u've chosen to go that route?

Hey I am not sure but I would try "Bane of Legends" -> "Headsman" -> "Endless Hunger" -> "Brutal Fervour"

Please keep me updated if you play this build as a slayer. I am very interested in how you like it and i think it has huge potential
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Hi!!
epic build, im following it and its awesome.
i have one question for you:
using a voltaxic with GMP, does more damage overall? or it wont work?
"
gasparoto1 wrote:
Hi!!

hey ! voltaxic will work yes, but i think its far weaker than reach. I havent done the math on it yet, but I am pretty sure its worse than reach, probably on par with lioneyes glare+gmp
"
cmphx wrote:
"
gasparoto1 wrote:
Hi!!

hey ! voltaxic will work yes, but i think its far weaker than reach. I havent done the math on it yet, but I am pretty sure its worse than reach, probably on par with lioneyes glare+gmp

thank you for the quick reply!
since you're here, ill ask another question :P (maybe dumb one, but i really like this build so i want to take it to the max)
what about taking cloaked in savagery ascendancy instead of rite of ruin? since we have a lot of HP and we're evasion, we're really likely to get a savage hit. this could work with vaalpact too due to the 100% damage leeched of this ascendancy. What do you think about this? (getting it with and without vaal pact)
edit: as a 6th link, you prefer to choose faster attacks instead of a empower ?
Last edited by gasparoto1 on Jul 12, 2016, 4:58:33 AM
"
ashur0226 wrote:
"
armanii84 wrote:
You can use 6 link poison gem i use is very good:) i clear t15 map fast:) my links and gear i have 30k toltip in hideaout:)

How are you capping resist with this kind of gear? i have to use 5 rare pieces + jewels to get ele weekness capped

i use jewel
"
gasparoto1 wrote:

thank you for the quick reply!
since you're here, ill ask another question :P (maybe dumb one, but i really like this build so i want to take it to the max)
what about taking cloaked in savagery ascendancy instead of rite of ruin? since we have a lot of HP and we're evasion, we're really likely to get a savage hit. this could work with vaalpact too due to the 100% damage leeched of this ascendancy. What do you think about this? (getting it with and without vaal pact)
edit: as a 6th link, you prefer to choose faster attacks instead of a empower ?

Yeah it will work! The problem with vaal pact is just that "you have no life regeneration" which i hate. It sucks to use blood rage with it, and it really sucks balls in lab. Since i did alot of lab runs with this, i wanted high life regen to get a bit of health back when waiting between traps. However for mapping or fighting Uber Atziri it will be a huge benefit i can imagine. But as I said it has drawbacks, and I dont feel like vaal pact is needed at all because reflect rares are no issue.

Without vaal pact i dont think its that great, because leech is capped at 20% of life /second without vaalpact, and you pretty much reach this even with just the 3% leech from zerker. I might be wrong here though since i didnt do the math, but i feel like the leech is pretty insane.

I prefer to use faster projectiles as the 6th link with reach - there is no real #1 choice, so many gems you could use like faster attacks, life gain on hit, culling strike, increased area, faster projectiles, hell even item rarity :D
However empower is not in the list because it sucks. It would only increase the level of the lightning arrow gem, and that basicly does nothing. empower does not apply to added chaos if you think that. Empower only applies to active skill gems

I got an idea using darkscorn ,incandescent heart going CI and occultist and using soul strike
with 3 pacifism would it work ? we get good mitigation and occultist + soul strike getting instant regen
still using snake bite and we get some chaos damage node on the way
skill tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvAx4EBwW1BnAHHg18DkgRLxFQEZYVfhXXFe0WvxslG8gdTx3ZHwIo-ipbKwosvy0fNbk2xTwtQYdDNkNUSVFJsUuuTLNOn1KvUuxUvVWpVmNXyVxAXGtd8mf8adhqAWqMbAhtGXKpdZ52gnn2en982XzwfqF_xoLHg1-DzIRIhq6Hy4hCi3qP-pEHknSTJ5UglS6Wi5e0oS-io6LZpyunm7DYtAy0xbTRtUi3PrtNu_y-isHFwfPC7MT2xq7G98gMyBTK088Vz93QH9W518_ZW9vn3V_fiuL344TpAuq662PsGO-I7-vw1fGK9HH1b_cy99f5N_no
Last edited by malox1696 on Jul 12, 2016, 11:25:43 AM
"
malox1696 wrote:
I got an idea using darkscorn ,incandescent heart going CI and occultist and using soul strike
with 3 pacifism would it work ? we get good mitigation and occultist + soul strike getting instant regen
still using snake bite and we get some chaos damage node on the way
skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvAx4EBwW1BnAHHg18DkgRLxFQEZYVfhXXFe0WvxslG8gdTx3ZHwIo-ipbKwosvy0fNbk2xTwtQYdDNkNUSVFJsUuuTLNOn1KvUuxUvVWpVmNXyVxAXGtd8mf8adhqAWqMbAhtGXKpdZ52gnn2en982XzwfqF_xoLHg1-DzIRIhq6Hy4hCi3qP-pEHknSTJ5UglS6Wi5e0oS-io6LZpyunm7DYtAy0xbTRtUi3PrtNu_y-isHFwfPC7MT2xq7G98gMyBTK088Vz93QH9W518_ZW9vn3V_fiuL344TpAuq662PsGO-I7-vw1fGK9HH1b_cy99f5N_no

hey i had similar ideas! but its hard to make it work - you need to fix leech, stun, getting enough ES and damage. The tree you have wont work because you didnt pick ghost reaver and i dont know how the damage will be like.

I think for CI bow you should go crit. powercharges are easy with occultist, then you either need skyforth, kiaras determination or chayula. some crit nodes, maybe duelist leech even, flask nodes, ES nodes, good ES gear. i didn't follow the idea any further because its very hard and expensive to get going, and there is only little benefit from being CI if you can only reach ~8k es. life based you get like 7k ES ,but you have life flasks, no stun issues, cheap gear available.
Last edited by cmphx on Jul 12, 2016, 1:04:11 PM
First of all nice version.

"

You can use Voltaxic Rift. Imo its better than Lioneye's (I've tested them both). For those who have no acces to The Reach (like me currently) - Voltaxic is a great option, three just needs a few minor tweaks. Here's what I'm using:

Voltaxic Rift passive skill tree: click

From there you can go more dmg (Shadow elemental nodes) or more life / jewel sockets.

Now you need to socket Static Electricity unique jewel in the Shadow area for +1-52 added light dmg.

Now gem setup for Voltaxic:

LA - GMP - Pierce - Added Lightning - Weapon Elemental DMG - Void Manipulation

Added Lightning is better than Added Chaos in this setup. It will scale via elemental nodes and weapon elemental dmg gem.

My gear & gems for anyone to review:
--------------------------------------------

As you can see, you need also a bit of WED increased on gear and maybe some flat + ligtning dmg. Rings and amulet are good for that.

With this setup I have 18k LA hideout unbuffed, 22k buffed with just Blood Rage and frenzy charges. This is just enough for red maps. However this can be scalled further. If you remove blood magic cluster, spec into Essence Sap cluster and run Wrath + Herald of Thunder. You're trading life vs dmg this way but with Kaoms it might be worth it. Another option is to use Wake of Destruction and run Haste.

Now with Lioneyes Glare and original three I had 12k/15k. Thats a huge difference for LA vs Voltaxic as it is per arrow DPS.

Few cents about chest option:
------------------------------------

I was testing Queen of the Forest vs Daressos Defiance vs Kaoms and I like Kaoms best. I dont really like Queen, its mostly RNG defence, sometimes (more often than you think) some nasty mob will bypass that and then it hurts. Daressos is solid option thx to nice armor + eva boost, dodge boost, but most important - endurance charges generation for additional layer of physical mitigation and longer IC calls (and also a bit of leech from physical dmg for those who are using The Reach).

Now the most problems I had with those 2 chest where stuns on red mabs from rare mobs or beyond mobs. Kaoms fixes that, also providing nice hp buffor for other stuff like spells, dots, bleeding and stuff.

Anyway nice build, this is just my approach to Voltaxic version and a suggestion for those who want to use it with (or dont have The Reach).
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jul 12, 2016, 4:33:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info