Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

"
crystalwitch wrote:
Jesus H Christ.

What the hell kind of scumbags are you people trading with?
I've never had anything like that.

Worst I've had were some non-repliers (afk or otherwise, one person in the Labyrinth) and a couple of people who changed their minds about buying an item after I invited them to my party; (one because they'd just gotten a reply from someone else, and another that didn't say why)

Well, no reply and AFK without explanation for how long seems to be the norm in certain trades right now, currency trade in PSC for example. I also regularly experience multiple no replies or afks for item trades. Some of them not cheap.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
I ended in a bitter argument with some retarded seller because apparently he was the only one not afk or logged in.

I wanted the block chance gem, adds 20% of block to spells. There are 2% block, 3% block and 4% block.

He had a 4% block, but he had no price the usual flipper scammer kind of guy. I offered him 1 Exalt but instead of saying no thanks he came to tell me his retarded life story about how he turned down 4 exalts already bla bla bla.

Mind you none of those gems sell and there are other sellers selling it for 1.5 ex and 2 ex. And his is a shittier roll and he wants 6 ex.

Not sure if he is a serious seller or if he is a retard but what I can assure you is that so called player interaction demoralizes me. And quite frankly I prefer to deal with an automated system than some mentally challenged lunatic in a latrine who has to give me his life story instead of saying yes or no.

We are telling you how to make ez money man so those 4ex reckless defense jewels aint shit.

Take that mjo I see you have list at 10c with no intention of selling and don't answer anyone. "AFK" is useful

Set up Poe.trade.bot to scan every 10 sec for some noob so sees your 10c price and lists at 10c too for quick sale.

Message him quick and grab it.

Pulls yours off market.

List his (and others) for 2ex.

PS after you get you first reckless list it at 10c too. and get other 6 at 10c instead of 4ex

Aint nothing but a G thang

PSS I dont do this. I do flip or what I call price stabilization but not fraud.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 29, 2016, 6:43:12 AM
What makes you think their will be a bad trade improvement?
Like what are some examples of bad trade improvements that have been made???

Even the trade stash thing that got lots of debate on the forums ended up being ok.

Are you worried they are going to add an AH or something? Cause I personally doubt that is ever going to happen as it's probably a coding nightmare in a game with as many different item stats as poe.
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Bait and not answer or low driver scam is what I call it. Not sure what it's technical term is but if a store does it its fraud. An AH cant do it. Scammer would lose his ass because it would be bought instantly.

The AH equivalent would be setting the maximum auction length with a low starting price but a high buyout and then cancel the auction before the time runs out, banking on a rich, impatient person or someone who just didn't properly assess the listing.

Bad example. That was AH3's style of auction not a true auction where you cant pull. Not to mention it's pretty unrealistic. If 100s millions gold BO they are are hitting sort button and buying cheapest b/o if impatient. Just like guy here is gonna list cheapest.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 29, 2016, 6:53:50 AM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
The AH equivalent would be setting the maximum auction length with a low starting price but a high buyout and then cancel the auction before the time runs out, banking on a rich, impatient person or someone who just didn't properly assess the listing.

Almost nobody who uses the term "auction house" is talking about literal auctions. They just want an automated marketplace, and "auction house" has become synonymous with that. I actually can't remember the last time before your post when I saw someone referring to auctioning off goods.
Last edited by Jennik on Jun 29, 2016, 6:57:09 AM
d3 all over again.
As a noob'ihs trader, i really like PoE.trade and actually think that it's good enough, you just need to learn how to use it ;D

What is not good is the amount of people afk'ing and those who just went offline but their items are still "online"

But like XYZ said somewhere, real-time changes to the player status/items would require massive internet-usage and are not a good solution.

e: and i am afk/alt+tabbed right now and posting here and doing other things, i just put the game volume to the max and if someone whispers i probably hear that even in the bathroom and can then check what it's alla bout
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Jun 29, 2016, 7:19:34 AM
Check out POE Whisper Notifier. That way you can keep the game audio muted while it's in the background and still know when someone wants to trade.
chat gets some improvements.

still not sure how they manage to change it only for reddit users...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
No idea why you guys have such a problem trading I buy my 1-3 key uniques buyout/cash no haggle or discount shit get my item in 1min max and that's it

On the other hand if you wisper me for a listed 10c item and say I give you 5 you can FUCK off and don't expect any reply at all
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 29, 2016, 8:40:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info