Developer Questions and Answers

Will you guys stop the power creep and rebalance the game? We don't need more content with the current state of things as it's simply not enjoyable, the game turned into oneshot or be oneshot. I believe this should be a priority.
Last edited by Raudram on Jul 1, 2016, 1:39:23 AM
-Is the game still limited to 32 sounds? Is there already an improvement for the game to output more sounds simultaneously?

-Are we going to expect new legacy items in the future?

-What time does GGG office close? And what time do you guys come in for work?

-Will there be a micro transaction that can turn our characters to the opposite gender? Some examples would be a female marauder, or a male ranger.

-Currently, if players were to die in hardcore temporary/challenge league, they would be sent to regular standard league. Its kinda unfair that the standard players will have early access to new items that are specifically exclusive to the challenge leagues only, while players in regular default hardcore league have to wait 3-4 months for those exclusive items to come to them.

Is it possible for people to go from hardcore challenge league to standard challenge league instead of regular standard league?

Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Jun 28, 2016, 9:17:52 PM
What would you say the shavronne's wrappings of your development team is? I.E Who was the hardest or rarest type of developer you had to find or needed as poe went from infancy to production? Was it more on the team management side? PR side? Programming or Art & Graphics? Basically what would you say is lacking the the game development industry? What's hard to find?
poe is kind of a crowdfunded game. players are becoming smarter and understanding that resources need to be divided which delays implementation of core improvements.

is there any plans to introduce community supporter packs where GGG lists down all the popular requests from the community then sets a goal for each requests? such as purchasing a community supporter pack would allow the purchaser to vote on a request. if enough players vote on the request GGG must fulfill it.

out of curiosity how many player created uniques are still pending?
[Removed by Support]
When can we expect to see more Vaal skills? They're a really cool idea that hasn't really been touched much since they were introduced in 1.1
For thy actions, thou shall be cursed, and thy stash tabs shall be forever tangled and
beyond comprehension
"
marcos459 wrote:
you didnt give us a auction house yet because you think it will be bad for the game or you/GGG doesnt like the idea of automated trade?(doesnt even need automated trade just an ingame poe.trade so we can see who is offline/afk without pming 30 people,but a automated currency exchange would be nice.)

DO THIS

Is hassle dealing with that website it doesn't seem to give properly updated info at times in game should be able to deal up real time or within some confirmation time better
Just want to start out by saying I think you guys have done an AMAZING job managing the Free to Play model for your game.

What do you guys enjoy about the Free to Play model? What has it allowed you to do that you couldn't do with a flat cost game?

In what ways do you feel F2P holds you back?

Where do you think other developers get it wrong when trying to monetize a free game?

Lastly do you have any interesting or surprising stats to share with us about the shop?
Like many others, I have felt that reducing the effective map level of the highest maps was the wrong solution to slowing down the grind to level 100, as it makes just leveling to 90 painful. This also makes the highest (red) maps a much higher risk with marginally higher reward as shown by your recent dev manifesto. Have you considered making it require more exp to go from level 95 to level 100 instead of adjusting the effective map level like you did twice already? This slows the grind to 100 while not making the grind to 90 feel like a crawl and gives us incentives to actually run red maps again (assuming you revert the effective map level changes alongside this change).

Thank you for your time.

Edit: clarified the question a little more
Last edited by _MBR_ on Jun 28, 2016, 10:03:17 PM
1. Are there any plans to add more functionality to loot filters? In addition to possible big deal enhancements like adding optional minimap icons for drops, more advanced filtering like the following would significantly streamline code and make loot filters much easier to create:

Show
Class "Life Flask" "Mana Flask"
DropLevel >= (ItemLevel - 3)

That would replace roughly 100 lines of code in my current filter.

Other possibilities are global tags that apply to everything in that category below them (EX: Global Show SetFontSize 45) and the option to filter other players in your party differently (EX: OtherPlayers Hide). There have been a ton of excellent suggestions since filters came out, and I'm sure a request for upgrade suggestions would get plenty more.

2. Will master hideout layouts ever change, swap around between masters, or become attainable in any additional ways? I really want to get Leo's amazing hideout in the next temp league, but it's just not feasible with how little PVP gets played.
How do you guys GGG feel about your future design space?

With so many things creeping universally into every build: curses,auras,golems,mobility,triggers,totems,orbs,warcries - there are many things to consider when making a build. The choice limit makes excellent variety, but I must admit it is starting to feel pretty cramped socket wise. Personally I have been more and more into 2h and Bow due to being able to have those new skill types in the chest and utilize the power/variety of 3x 6L. How does that sit balance wise?

Are there any chances in the future we may see something like a dedicated Aura/Vaal slot(s) somewhere? Or ways to modify certain skills without wasting sockets like a prefix/suffix system for certain skills (Generous Clarity).

The same question for the passive tree.

I feel like there are many great utility choices on the passive tree: auras,curses,leech,stun,flasks,status avoidance and jewels (especially threshold) that don't always fit due to having to spend half a builds points on life and/or defenses. Would some consolidation be possible in the future? Or perhaps handful of points as the expansions roll on ;).

P.S. I really love the bro-tems. Thank you for the axe gang/punch squad.
Last edited by Eldritch on Jun 28, 2016, 9:29:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info