Developer Questions and Answers

"
duckfluffed wrote:
Have you considered running weekend events, or something similar, with the parent leagues? What are GGG's collective thoughts on such an idea? I personally believe it would bring some added purpose and excitement to Hardcore and Standard.

Chris's stance is that if they made weekends "special," then weekdays would feel inferior. He wants you to feel good about playing no matter when you log in.
Is there a plan to revamp old melee skills or make single target skills that can't be given full screen aoe but are still worth using?

My idea of a proper melee skill that doesn't have huge aoe is something that gives you other special benefits for using it that feel rewarding enough that the player will still use it even w/o a high clearspeed or huge aoe. For example I think a skill like frenzy that gives you %increased strength instead would be awesome.

For a single target skill it'd give you damage and survivability and synergy with pillar of the caged god....which I think is an awesome unique that deserves to be buffed.
Why was the decision made to have some prophecies trigger randomly on entering a zone instead of having them always trigger at the next available time when you had one.
For those of us that don't enjoy starting over with every new league, and instead prefer to constantly refine and revise and upgrade a smaller number of characters, do you keep in mind the time investment of players, particularly on Standard and Hardcore, when you make larger changes for balance or future content?

Nothing against leagues, and I embrace that new content comes with a balancing act, but I'm curious how much my play style, however niche it may be, is a concern to you. Thanks for your time :)
IGN: Sexy_Batman Brag_Ironballs Lady_Jaya_Ballard Orbok_Meatgod Two_Open_Sockets
What's with the fertile pocket in the Fetid Pool?
1). Have you guys and gals considered forcing logout of AFK players after 45mins of inactivity?

I love the improvements to trading so far, they have helped improve the issue of contacting a player and having the issue of them not being logged in, however I still have this issue at times, it's a little less often, now... A new issue is that (and I know people that do this a lot who are friends too) people will stay AFK in the game almost the entire day so that they can reply to whispers when they come back to the game, sometimes they are afk 6-8hrs or more, I sometimes get responses 4hrs later and sometimes even the next day after I have gone to bed and logged in on the weekend, from something I tried to buy the previous night, this whole going AFK but leaving the game running all the time is hurting trading if you ask me.

I support GGG's stance on not wanting an auction house in the game for offline trading and such, but when you have things as they are now, it builds 'a lot' of frustration!

If you haven't already considered this, if there any chance that you will consider it now?

2). Can the team give any insight into the process that was used in the creation of the skill tree in terms of design not implementation?

I'm a developer myself, and I am curious as to the process that the team went through in designing the skill tree that is in PoE.

I've designed many over the years, it's never easy to balance or to decide where to start, but I would love to hear from you, how you got started with it, from the early days all the way through to changing the tree and the process that you go through in deciding those changes, I feel like this is something that many other designers & developers both aspiring and experienced, would love to hear more on this topic. I'm not extremely active on the forums so perhaps I have missed something from an old post.

I remember watching a video where the talk about the procedural level creation and that was an enjoyable watch, perhaps we can get something similar but regarding the skill tree some time in the future?? (hint hint)

3). What are the chances that we can see some guild related quality of life improvements with the next big patch?

I know a constant request is relating to the guild features of the game, personally I would love to see many great things improved for this, but ultimately, I know there are many other more important aspects to the game that may require attention right now, but with that being said...

Is there any possibility that we can get an additional rank in relation to Officer and leader, that will be able to rename stash tabs and alter stash tab permissions like the Leader can, excluding a leader only tab setting?

4). Can we expect player's last logged in to game date information in-game with any upcoming patch?

I would love to see this as a guild leader, it would make managing who is active and who isn't a little easier, sometimes it's harder to track than people think and it would be easier to be able to just enjoy the game and not worry about tracking those things manually, looking at the list and seeing who has not logged in for a month or two, so we can help keep inactive slots cleaned out to help maintain a general activity within our guilds. This would be nice for the friend list and managing that too, considering there is a rather low limit of 100 friends...

Perhaps the information could be made available as you hover over the account where the note is set, I think this would be something that many would love.

I read through all of the questions before mine before I started typing them out, hopefully there hasn't been a stream of people asking what I've typed here in the time it took to type them out.

Kind Regards,
Patrick.
+---------------------------------
╠» ☠ The Exiles
̯ http://TheExiles.net
1) Are there any plans for more QOL changes for Summoners? (Spectres persisting on Log Out/Disconnect, Spectres Upscaling)

2) Why wasn't Ranged Attack Totem Buffed as well?

3) Will there be plans for a Melee Attack Totem as well aside from the current Ancestral Totems?

4) Any good recipe for Banana Bread?
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Jun 28, 2016, 10:20:34 PM
Chris, Jonathan, Erik and any others on the office, how is the feel to have accomplished so much about developing Path of Exile?

Ten years ago PoE was only a vague idea for you guys I assume, so in this decade, how much proud you guys feel? And could you cite a moment (after seen a build, a video or whatever) where you had the thought "That's why I made Path of Exile!"?

Thanks!
Any plans to hire US-based Customer Support folks?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Are there any plans to torture that p... I mean... bring back that magnificent bastard Fairgraves again in later acts?
On the first day of gaming, RNG brought for me: one Flame Hellion of Frost on The Rocky Climb.
Last edited by Flisky on Jun 28, 2016, 9:13:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info