Developer Questions and Answers

Hi Guys,

Is there any plans to increase the drop rate for all currency? i know this would inflate the cost of items with player to player trading. but this will give more people the chance to play with the awesome crafting system. Rather than then saving what little currency they get to buy items instead of risking it yolo spamming.

Regards,
Mike
Can you make map drops suck less? I find myself wanting to play the game less and less because leveling has become a shitty experience.
Saved
think ggg will ever decide to make a alternative to maps? as in have 2 different options 1 grants u massive xp with no loot other grants massive rarity with no xp...so people can either boost to 100 or get to 90 and farm and just collect stuff...maybe have something if u combine each end game choice it gives the chance of doing both..kind like d3 and KO..cuz the current maps r trash unless u stream or play 24/7 with a bramble jack drop in a lvl 80 map...
What is GGG's opinion of PoE animation locking the player characters, i.e. not allowing players to move or interrupt skills?
And is this way intentionally? If there was a question of yes or no without taking any technical difficulties into account, would characters still be locked in place while using active skills to attack or cast a spell?

What's the opinion of instant skills that don't interrupt current orders? (self-buffs in particular)
e.g. I believe that Fortify could have been an instant cast self-buff active skill gem with a short duration (Less than 1 second without any support gem.).

Is there a reason why no such skills exist, is it intentional by design, why / why not? e.g. why does Blood Rage have a cast time & interrupt the use of other skills?

Also is there any intention to make toggled skills (like aura's, heralds, and the old Arctic Armour), that can be used in the middle of battle (no interruption / cast time)?
Why, or why not?
Helping others is a Delight
Last edited by chocojel on Jun 29, 2016, 3:10:43 AM
Well okay so....

Was the newly released hideout decorations back at the start of prophecy league intentional Easter Egg or was it just an accident?

Regardless of which, when can we expect to see them implemented BACK into the game?

Is it possible to become a game moderator but not a game developer? and if yes then how does one do so?

Is it possible to work alongside game developers even if you cant graphically design using a computer but can draw out the plans and send them via email?

How often does GGG staff participate in temp leagues?
Either just for fun or for the reward MTX or does the staff automatically get the MTX stuff?

How far in advance do you prepare temp leagues, not including working out the bugs and kinks?

this question is for BEX
Is hideout of the month making a reappearance in the near future?

Who gave the final say in approving the increase to armor piece from mystery boxes?
would it be possible make 2 variants of mystery boxes one with the armor pieces + preexisting MTX and another with limited edition event only items?, or pay an additional 5 points to just buy a random event only MTX from the current general mystery box.
First off, y'all did a bang up job on the Prophecy update.

What are your goals in going to the GDC every year?
Last edited by ganimal on Jun 28, 2016, 9:37:30 PM
Have you ever given thought to nerfing masters? The numbers on the benches (for example, the resistances from haku and elreon) are insanely strong. I know GGG wants to slow down this clear speed meta and a part of it has to do with how unbelievably easy it is to gear and the masters are a MAJOR contributor. There's no struggle to get gear in POE now, everything is free and easy. It's cheap and effective 24/7.
can you make the hud more customizable?
Better FPS? For me 50-60FPS is totally fine but sometimes it goes down to ~25 or even freezes for some seconds when im playing CoC.

Auction house or something like a "shop" where i can list items, players can look into it and buy it even when im offline?
Are you going to do anything about graphics?
I saw people with a 980ti having 30-40 fps.. do you think it is "acceptable"? Will you fix it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info