Developer Questions and Answers

I didn't see anyone ask this yet but I only went through about 15 pages so hopefully it's not a dupe. Chris didn't mention it in his answers though.

Anyway, are there any plans to eventually include corrupted areas in maps? If I recall correctly, there was an issue because corrupted areas and maps were the same type of objects so one couldn't contain the other. However, now with Zana being able to open portals to other maps within a map surely there isn't a technical limitation anymore. Is it a philosophical restriction?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Do you have any plans for skills that would scale off of movement speed? I can see shield charge working in this way.
Are there plans to rid POE of the horrid trading system? If not, are there plans to better the current "system"?
Last edited by StormchaserZA on Jul 6, 2016, 8:31:37 AM
What's the regen duration of Vile Bastion? Like how long does the .5% per enemy killed last for?
Last edited by safety2nd on Jul 8, 2016, 8:36:39 PM
Sorry if I missed the answer somewhere, but a lot of players hope to be able to " save " their hideout. Creating a little world is simply amazing and people do clearly well with their creativity. Some people with less imagination would be glad to be able to buy some of the saved hideouts for their own pleasure. The creator could be rewarded with like 30% of the cost in points to be able to afford some new MTX :D But be able to have many hideouts and not have always one deleted at the end of temp league would already be awesome. Can we expect something about that ?
Not sure if this was asked yet or not, but are you guys planning on making it possible to trade up to divine and/or eternal life flasks? If you're not, why? Also can we get life and mana flasks for levels higher than 65? I really only ever use basic flasks or those with status removal (burn, bleed, etc) and it'd be nice to have a flask that recovers more life for those characters higher level than 65.
There are some Spear MTXs already, and I saw ZiggyD made videos about the new base belt(s).
I have 2 questions:
1. Are you guys (ever) going to add Spear into the game as a new weapon class? Many NPCs and monsters wield spears.
2. Are you guys going to add more shield-based skills? If yes, will you change the mechanic of the skills from the damage from main hand weapon to the shield itself?
(To clarify, the current system is that the damage of shield skill comes from the main hand weapon, which is strange. The damage should come from the shield, somehow)

Thanx.
Last edited by domiace123 on Jul 12, 2016, 11:33:35 PM
Will it ever be possible to 'mirror' hideout decorations? It'd open up a lot of symmetry options with decorations like statues, trees, etc.

It's the kind of feature I'm surprised isn't already available to us.
Praise the Sun!
Is there a design philosophy behind there not being any pants in this game?
What is GGG standing with the topic of group content. If you are not an auramancer / MF char there or wanting little more IIQ there is absolute no arguments for group play. Also Group play just modifier the HP of the mobs, which is in my opinion not a big deal nowadays due the power creep of ascendancy and co. Let alone that the VFX of certain skills paired together killing performance.

I know that this topic may be hard to answer, but an answer would be also nice :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info