Developer Questions and Answers

Do you think the last two challenge leagues have been successful from a mechanical point of view? There's no doubt they had great production value, but most people I play with agree that the mechanics turned out rather shallow and easy to ignore. Low risk/reward improvement, low interaction with player economy (that is, they only deflate prices, without draining currency from the economy), etc.

(Please don't bring up player numbers. The Labyrinth attracted players, the leagues were a bonus.)
1) Any chance we'll see some of the skill animations specific to Talismans or the original aura effects as MTX(s)? In other words why do you keep the best skill animations for mobs only?

2) You've started rotating in and out league mods via Zana at the start of each League --- Might we see something like this for the Core game where Leagues such as Anarchy are replaced with Warbands, Torment with Talisman, etc.? It could be changed on an expansion or League basis too.

3) Are you happy with DD being able to one-shot players that have extremely high amounts of life (7-10k)?
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
Last edited by LostArtz on Jun 28, 2016, 8:32:37 PM
Is there ever a chance that PvP will receive damage reductions on skills and Ascendancy-related balances at any point in the future, maybe during the downtime between leagues?

//EDIT: Second question, how about an MTX for the Caustic Arrow users out there, maybe a pool of bubbling acid?
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Last edited by I_am_Upset on Jun 28, 2016, 8:07:16 PM
Please feel free to answer or ignore any of the specific questions asked :).

1) What are the pros and cons of having high player power vs the environment?

2) Have you seen improvements in player retention with the subsequent improvements to content clear times?

3) Is the discrepancy between the stronger skills and weaker ones within each category (melee, ranged, spell) a high priority, or do you guys think that there are more important things to be working on?
Similarly, what about the balance between melee, ranged, and spells as a whole?

4) We've heard here and there that you guys are worried about changing or revamping older skills, could we as a community get a bit more insight into that? I know that Shield Charge was changed, but my assumption is that it wasn't a big risk because it was probably barely used at all. Something like Ground Slam likely has more risks.

5) Is the power creep we've seen over the past few leagues part of a 'dialing in' process to a new goal line in terms of player power vs environment, or do you feel that there are additional benefits to having the players feel more powerful overall each league?
Is it possible to get league-specific unique items through divination cards, that grant a generic type of items (e.g. Unique Ring)? Are there some kind of restictions?
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
Will there ever be any new weapon times in the game ? spear / javelin etc, is it possible to get a fps cap in game option i think i speak for a lot of people when i say fps is a pretty bad problem in PoE it bounces a lot , people would love a fps cap , say cap it at 60 / 80 / 120 / 200 .
You take a lot of creature designs from existing flora and fauna in nz, such as the rhoa and weta pets, where does the rakango originate? Would there be any plans to bring in creatures based on some nz/aus indigenous mythology in the future? Or will the only new monsters exist in the next act?

Is there any news on a "permanent skin transfer" option, so i can use some of my standard skins in temporary leagues?
Last edited by DySeaL on Jun 28, 2016, 8:13:57 PM
- What purpose do you envision red maps to serve? It appears that they are neither good at producing wealth (because sustaining them is so expensive), nor are they good in terms of XP per hour (or per currency investment) compared to, say, gorge rotations, so what else do you expect players want to achieve in them?

- Any spoilers/further hints about the CoC chance Chris hinted at? :)
Last edited by MauranKilom on Jun 28, 2016, 8:19:50 PM
What are your thoughts on bringing set items to the game? Path seems to be one of the few big ARPGs that doesn't have these types of items.
Here's something I was always curious about..

Did you guys build your own proprietary engine or is it built upon something like unity/UE4?

I've just recently got into game design and was wondering if something as complex as the POE engine can be built upon an existing engine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info