Developer Questions and Answers

Hello,

What advice do you have for aspiring game developers who are jack-of-all-trades but master of none? Without connections in game industry it is discouraging to only see open positions that require X years of game dev experience and mastery of a single skill set.

For instance, I work as a software engineer but it is not my passion...it's a tool to create some thing that works and interacts. I like 3D modelling but I don't have the art ability or training to make spectacular creations. I love sound and music but I don't have the money to do my own audio engineering. Does someone like me have a place in the industry?

Thanks, love the game!
Hi,

is it possible to get a "death recap" as in a list of which monster did which amount of damage that ultimately killed you? Obviously there's more important quality of life thins but I think it'd be neat if it could be implemented quickly. (Bonus points if it can also incorporate the effect of map mods, e.g. ordinarily this hit would have done xzy damage but vulnerability scaled the hit to XZY)

Do you intend for Talismans to return at some point? (Personally I think the items themselves were really cool. Just the execution/associated grind of having a decent chance at a rare talisman made it kind of underwhelming in my book).

Is the "shotgunning" of overlapping projectile explosions something that you intend to to remove eventually? (thinking about Kaom fight for example)

Other than that thanks for the years of fun this game has provided to me. Cheers!

Edit: Also sorry but I'm not digging through 30+ pages if somebody else has already asked my question. :P
Last edited by incinerate on Jun 29, 2016, 2:33:42 PM
Hi, do these added elemental damage mods affect both spell damage and attack damage dealed by mobs in a map?
On a scale from 1 to 100 - 1 being "Not even remotely close to remotely close" and 100 being "Pitch perfect" - how close is the current version of PoE - including art style, graphics engine, balancing, technical aspects, story, storytelling, etc. etc. - to how you (realistically) would want it to be?
Q4. Is GGG happy with the effect of volatiles being in the game? they can be somewhat build disabling at the high end(build that deals damage in close proximity). is there any plans on changing them? eg. changing half to damage to a DoT (ala spike traps) giving the player some time to react.
twitter: LeonoftheChan
Are there any plans of the politicians of Wraeclast to leave the EU in the near future ? After the failed eastern expansion we now lost our colony Britannia (Those greednoses left nothing but their weather).

Greetings and keep up the good work. I feel well entertained while playing this game.
I have been mesmerized by the water wheel in HighGate. Is this s looping animation or generated on the fly?
1. Will the punishment curse ever be able to trigger on more than just melee attacks? The curse is very good at what it does, but some boss fights and monster match-ups can leave me without the curse ever proccing.

2. Are more skills and items that revolve around a character being hit instead of avoiding damage in the works? Cast when damage taken was a good start, but reflect and other mechanics like it would be nice to see.

3. Are you comfortable with the power spike the labyrinth gives player characters? After finishing the lab on each act I am geared and strong enough to handle every non lab boss or area in the next difficulty. This makes the other areas extremely disappointing challenge wise.
Last edited by Exiledtyrant on Jun 29, 2016, 4:28:49 PM
Are you planning on adding more Threshold Jewels? They're a neat idea that I'm afraid might fall victim to your "Introduce and forget" style of content updates. Speaking of which, are there ever going to be more Vaal skills?
"
Grekenfailed wrote:
Are there any improvements coming to the client so we can run the many different builds that make the game run at 5 fps or not run at all??

for example CoC - Summoner or any Vaal cyclone character.

Or perhaps the solution is that you need the option to turn of effects from party memebers? Kinda like what they have in the game called AION - i remember you press F12 to make players - skill effects vanish

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info