Developer Questions and Answers

Hey guys. Here's something that always bugged me greatly.

Why are a lot of tooltips so Inaccurate? I'm talking mainly about stuff like Caustic arrow and RF. RF doesn't show the DPS at all while Caustic arrow doesn't increase/decrease over Concentrated effect (While it definitely should work)

I also played Earthquake the other day and it looked like my DPS didn't go up as the gem leveled up (Even though the % of the aftershock went up)

Do you have plans to fix the Tooltips? There's a ton of online calculators that I'm now forced to use while I got absolutely 0 clue how the damage works. If those small devs could whip out a code that calculates it based on my stats, then surely you guys could. right?

Otherwise, keep up the good work. I freaking love your game.
Are there any plans, to make evasion & energy shield builds viable in the endgame uber lab? seems like energy shield builds with close to 10k es get one shotted sometimes, while life+armor dosent.
How many legos are in your building?
HAIL SATAN!
"

What is the point of background loading if the client can't run (freezes) while assets aren't loaded?

Shouldn't they be replaced by placeholder graphics or just be invisible before being loaded, instead of freezing the game/creating stuttery gameplay?

Also will there ever be low quality art assets available as a download option to reduce client load? It seems inefficient to load high quality assets, just to filter them down to the preferred texture quality option.

"

What purpose do you envision red maps to serve? It appears that they are neither good at producing wealth (because sustaining them is so expensive), nor are they good in terms of XP per hour (or per currency investment) compared to, say, gorge rotations, so what else do you expect players want to achieve in them?

This.

And actually:
- Maybe with new expansion packs, but will there be happening removal of difficulty levels from the game, so replaying the same stuff 3 times isn't the case anymore?

- Any intentions on making the game story areas not become completely useless & replaced by maps after certain level? Like, area-chain runs to some boss in the end, or thru several bosses.

- Indoor maps are generally not popular in terms of XP/hour, the most popular maps are Canyon/Dry Peninsula/Gorge/Arid lake/Plateau/Springs. This has an impact on richness of aesthethical gaming experience. Any plans to make maps like Necropolis, Underground River, Malformation maps more interesting? Maybe with specific drops, or unique events, or just straight XP buffs.

- Any (at least far future) plans for time of the day addition, gamma & weather changing etc.? I find Vaal versions of existing locations like The Ledge very attractive with changed. It would reduce repetitive boringness of observing the same unchanging environment thousands of times and increase players' in-game time.

- Make global sound volume slider in addition to existing separate ones.

- Introduce delay after going from portal to hideout, sometimes because of loading lag people click accidentally and lose a portal into a map.

- Make recent chat replics cache for at least 5-15 minutes after DC, as nicknames of people that write for trade are forgotten too often.
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on Jun 29, 2016, 8:20:43 AM
My q's:

- Why did you increase the exp penalty - hence limiting the exp by a huge factor and taking away the chance to reach lvl 100 for ppl that have to earn a living?
- Why is it, trigger gem builds are so much OP?
- Why is energyshield recharge so much faster than life? That makes PvP an annoyance, especially for life-based melee vs energyshield-based casters - mostly they also tend to have chaos immunity.
Do you have any plans to implement more unique auras for builds that focus on physical damage? Currently Hatred Aura is almost mandatory for physical damage builds - there is no other offensive aura that can beat it. As result you see it used in almost every physical damage build that has room for it in terms of mana reservation.
Last edited by gmacorp on Jun 29, 2016, 7:10:42 AM
Dear GGG,

If you could travel back in time to the day of Path of Exile's inception, what would you change or do differently?
"
Varkorium wrote:
Dear GGG,

If you could travel back in time to the day of Path of Exile's inception, what would you change or do differently?

+1

Would like to hear them answer this question.
Any plans on fixing SRSs AI, which is ugly horrible atm?
Any plans on nerfing poison double-tip?
Any plans on UI rework, esp. adding own auras panel and more increased skill slot number?
Any plans on really working tooltips which will count in some effects like from Concentrated?
More payment options? Xsolla.com would be cool (they work with Steam so could be trusted).
Last edited by Vankesidi on Jun 30, 2016, 12:11:13 AM
Hi guys, questions about the way you provide the game to us.

- i know that you are hosted on IBM SoftLayer : why IBM? why not AWS?(or AZURE? Google?) what technical reason ? services? cost choices made you choose IBM over others?
- can you tell us about the story of the creation of POE as a cloud gaming application, what challenges did you encounter, what solution did you found in a cloud.

i know it's not about the game in itself, but i wanted to ask.

thanks for you time and keep on the good work.
Aim for the head
Last edited by Zom3ie666 on Jun 29, 2016, 7:40:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info