I LOL at people who say POE is dead

"
Chadwixx wrote:

You know how i know you havent played in a while?

Scroll down and look at those three empty boxes. Then goto my profile and notice items are in it.

Your not using the cube or Kulle :)

Ooh look

Demon Hunter -

Seasonal

Athena

Last updated on Jun 16, 2016 3:44 PM PDT

WOW I guess 10 Days is the new "WHILE" eh? boy I sure have not played D3 in a while indeed. Or maybe playing a real game like POE made be realize how pointless and boring D3 is eh?.

hmmm
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
It's hilarious looking at those D3 profiles now. I think my SF HC barbarian had around 15k dps when I first beat it.

You ain't seen nothing yet, wait till you enable the damage indicator.

A hit apparently does a trillion by now and the monster health is a baaaaaaazzzziiiiiiliiiioonnnnn!!!!

Thats what Blizzard has actually been doing, every few months they change the numbers. They add a few billion more health on the monster and re create the exact same items for the exact same builds and add a few more DPS.

LOLZ the world of warcraft team doing what they know best the only way they know how for the simple minds.

I took a little break from D3 earlier this year and came back a month ago and created a new seasonal Demon Hunter. Then I had a friend offer to power level me, I then got a legendary set in 12 minutes. Apparently you are given a legendary set just for completing the very basic and easy challenges that can be done in all but 12 minutes. Its scary the level of entitlement that has happened in D3.

They also dumbed down the entire spell effect graphics to PS1 1998 Quality too aswell because they were too lazy to give the option for each individual person to set it they just destroyed the graphics down to 1998 level for everyone.

And well that was it really the rest is history. Came back to farm currency for my future legacy Mjolner to make everybody jelly.

Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 27, 2016, 11:01:19 PM
Your seasonal also doesn't have a cube :(

Takes like 5mins to get (if u get lost).

Im not saying d3 has as many builds as poe, im saying its gotten better than when there was only one. Poe is still the deepest, most punishing game there is. D3 is fun when you have had a few beers and arent at 85% in poe :)

You were lucky your legacy items werent nerfed. Some didnt have such luck :(
It was already a chop the tree down with a butter knife fest back at release (for we self finders). I think it took 30 mins or more just to kill inferno Diablo. Then I logged out for the final time on that terrible crapper game.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Your seasonal also doesn't have a cube :(

Takes like 5mins to get (if u get lost).

Im not saying d3 has as many builds as poe, im saying its gotten better than when there was only one. Poe is still the deepest, most punishing game there is. D3 is fun when you have had a few beers and arent at 85% in poe :)

You were lucky your legacy items werent nerfed. Some didnt have such luck :(

I have not removed D3 from my SSD I plan on playing it again soon.

I played it for a very long time since the first day it came out up till 10 days ago. I used to brag about D3 a lot I think many users on this forum would also agree and this was just a few weeks ago. I cried a lot about labs now I kill Ubber Izaro in 5 seconds.

I am having a lot of fun trying my own version of ZSavage mjolner build I am trying to change up a few things like going for block chance instead of spell damage and getting a Aeigs shield. skill tree is the best part about POE.

There is a kind of hard to explain feeling about POE in that in POE your gear just matters. I mean when you have an Aeigs shield it feels like it matters or a mjolner it matters or a volls devo it just matters. Maybe its because of the economy and it even has real world value on the black market aswell you have this warn and fuzzy feeling inside that you earned something in POE that matters.

Time will tell of legacy items go up in price. In D3 since everything is BOA and it becomes useless sooner or later when blizzard does their number buff. Everything just feels fake. In POE it all feels so real because of a real economy.

To me D3 feels like mars, a planet once with rivers and oceans and now the activity that made that all happened has been shut down and it a dead planet. To me thats what happened to D3 when they made everything BOA in order to spite the players.

"
It was already a chop the tree down with a butter knife fest back at release (for we self finders). I think it took 30 mins or more just to kill inferno Diablo. Then I logged out for the final time on that terrible crapper game.

I still have my "Witching Hour" belt in D3 its equipped on one or 2 of my characters infact.

Legacy items the only of its kind thats still viable right now. When I look at it, brings back memories of the time I sold my Leorics Ring in order to buy the belt on the GAH.

still says level 60 on that belt I always kept it there is none like it again.

But now its locked, its locked down in a dead shut down economy and bound on account it has no value just nostalgia.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
"

I still have my "Witching Hour" belt in D3 its equipped on one or 2 of my characters infact.

Legacy items the only of its kind thats still viable right now. When I look at it, brings back memories of the time I sold my Leorics Ring in order to buy the belt on the GAH.

still says level 60 on that belt I always kept it there is none like it again.

But now its locked, its locked down in a dead shut down economy and bound on account it has no value just nostalgia.

The game was bad even with an auction house. The rpg part of the game was D2-lite. Things were so simplistic, from the skill system to the damage and combat system. And the god awful item affixes. Even 'legendaries' were so boring.

All classes build the same exact character except for main stat, then switch around skills to whatever you like on the fly to make a 'build'. Such bad bad garbage. lol
^ yeah the whole cool downs on sills were such garbage aswell. Even to this day the barbarian still has the same exact skills. Legendary items in D3 are just normal items that adds some buff to the normal skills the builds all remain the exact same./

I mean legendary items in D3 is like "reduces cool down of X spell" my god playing it again now is so boring in ways I can't even explain.

But its really when they released the PS3 version of D3 then everything came to light. The game was built for controllers it was a casual arcade console game.

I enjoyed D3 ROS when it first came out but then again same can be said about most games or expansion, its new even COD can be fun for 1 day. There were 2 items the Thunderfury and another one forgot the name it could do cold lighting and fire they were like the only 2 items that added some small amount of real ARPG elements to D3. The Thunderfury could actually proc and create an Arc similar to the Arc gem in POE. It was like a light version of Mjolner lighting strike builds in POE.

But blizzard made sure that they would have none of that. The WoW team behind D3 did the only thing they could do the only way they knew how they made it even more WoW more useless so all the time I spent farming for that Thunderfury was all for not. But Blizzard was like don't worry we have a new plan we will release an updated thunderfury and we will make it so you are guaranteed to get one in a few days everyone will get one now.

Can't take that level of dog shit from those WoW devs seriously anymore.

I bet POE has items from Beta that are still viable today. My D3 friend could never understand what I mean by "In POE the items matter"

Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 28, 2016, 12:03:03 AM
"
It's hilarious looking at those D3 profiles now. I think my SF HC barbarian had around 15k dps when I first beat it.

What patch? No way you beat orginal inferno with that. Elites would enrage and wreck you. Not to mention out self heal damage delt.

You had to have a complete toon huge defense and offense to do it. Was glorious.

My little 3 map group used to carry ppl past Siegebreaker (thats act 3 not 4) and with 35K DPS was hard. I was wiz and had monk and barb for D buffs.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 28, 2016, 12:42:06 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:

I enjoyed D3 ROS when it first came out but then again same can be said about most games or expansion, its new even COD can be fun for 1 day. There were 2 items the Thunderfury and another one forgot the name it could do cold lighting and fire they were like the only 2 items that added some small amount of real ARPG elements to D3. The Thunderfury could actually proc and create an Arc similar to the Arc gem in POE. It was like a light version of Mjolner lighting strike builds in POE.

Put thunderfury on your templar merc to proc the light and slow. It also triggers your bane of the trapped and passives like cull of the weak on your dh. Toss your merc a wyward ring and his auto attk will also stun, if you have lightning as your weps dps.

Diablo has gotten deeper but not like poe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info