I LOL at people who say POE is dead

"
ressiv wrote:
POE is dying. Steamcharts show half of the playerbase is left since prophecy launch, thats a lot lower than any previous leagues. Also 10 000 less players even started Prophecy compared to Perandus. D3 is fun if you're not a no lifer and only have a couple hours a week to play, POE is mainly for nolifers.

Not dead but definitely not in a good spot.

Checked out Twitch tonight to watch some streams before bed. You know there's an issue when D3 has more viewers, and the games with viewers closer in numbers to POE are like throwback Zelda (old school) or generic Poker streams. Pretty fucked up.

Also Havoc and Etup giving up this league has made the viewer experience not as great.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
ressiv wrote:
POE is dying. Steamcharts show half of the playerbase is left since prophecy launch, thats a lot lower than any previous leagues. Also 10 000 less players even started Prophecy compared to Perandus. D3 is fun if you're not a no lifer and only have a couple hours a week to play, POE is mainly for nolifers.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Namcap wrote:
Wait there is a global chat in D3? I have 2k hours on that game and didn't know that.

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

You'll get cancer faster than sticking your balls in a microwave for 30 minutes...
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
ressiv wrote:

Be careful, I used steamcharts to say exactly what your saying on reddit and got shit on. Not even a little bit, more like shit flinging monkey-ed. Anyway, the absolute number of players starting could be due to various reasons like time of year, its exam period and summer vacation. So there may just be less people available who have the time/will to play.

What is more telling than the absolute numbers though, is the shape of the graph. For perandus the graph was pretty much convex, slowly curving downwards, whereas the prophecy graph is concave, indicating players are leaving faster than during perandus.

I'm still playing because I've had a couple of unlucky rips, have low currency so still need to think about my build, so I'm not bored yet, but I'm not playing any of the prophecies.

Friend list is pretty bleak too. Although I seem to have 1 friend who loves it (he's a wierdo though xD)
Aren't you the D3 fanboy? You should stick to that persona, it was more entertaining
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
"
ressiv wrote:

Not dead but definitely not in a good spot.

Checked out Twitch tonight to watch some streams before bed. You know there's an issue when D3 has more viewers, and the games with viewers closer in numbers to POE are like throwback Zelda (old school) or generic Poker streams. Pretty fucked up.

Also Havoc and Etup giving up this league has made the viewer experience not as great.

Actually, Havoc and Etup quitting the league should be enough of a red flag by itself. Nevertheless, I don't think PoE is dying. It's simply a failed league - perhaps the most failed temp league ever. If GGG gets their shit together and fixes some of the fundamental problems with the next temp league, the game will be in a much better spot.

They ignored player feedback and had the audacity to tell us we're a 'vocal minority', they didn't betatest anything and they rebalanced the xp penalty around just a few top players. Of course it backfired. Now that even most of those top few players have quit, let's hope GGG will pull their heads out of their asses and have a reality check. Speaking of which, it's quite ironic how Chris says shit about vocal minorities and then balances the XP penalty around 0,000001% of the player base because he doesn't like these 0,000001% hitting lvl 100 in one-two weeks. It's obvious GGG's decisions about game balance are inconsistent and they're just looking for justifications.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 29, 2016, 4:52:01 AM
"
StDrakeX wrote:
Aren't you the D3 fanboy? You should stick to that persona, it was more entertaining

Me? I only ever played the D3 beta, so hardly fan boy. I didn't like it and I discovered PoE around the same time and have played PoE off and on since open beta.
Last edited by thevdende on Jun 29, 2016, 5:30:53 AM
"
StDrakeX wrote:

I think you are confusing me with yourself.

Off you go to bed now kiddo.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
TriniGamer wrote:
@Crackmonster

^ I will repeat a story I read on D3 forums a few weeks ago.

Some guy made a post and was raving on and on about how he introduced his 8 yer old daughter to D3 and how she is in love with D3 and how she absolutely loves the rainbow pony land.

And when she saw the cinematic apparently she crapped her pants according to him. The Cinematics were sooo awesome man and like Azmodon was this really fat nerd man. And thank you so much blizzard for allowing my 8 year old daughter to play D3 on her PS3 console and making it so simple for kids.

And you know all of a sudden the "blues" blizzard employees were all over that thread patting
eachother on the back saying job well done on creating D3 saying this is what we envisioned for D3 and these same blues would for years ignore the countless itemization threads the really important threads that sought to actually fix the game. But they could find the time to pat eachother and celebrate in a thread about the 8 year old girl playing rainbow pony land and crapping her pants in sheer awesomeness about the pony.

And you realize right then and there why D3 is a steaming pile of dog shit.

And lets not forget Stephanie Krustick a Blizzard Producer who rambles and rants and raves on Twitter all day about how the world is racist, UK is racist for leaving EU, all brexit voters are racist. Every American who is against illegal immigration is a racist, re tweeting nothing but far left extremist posts from other loony nutcases. And to think these are the people running the show, creating these Blizzard games? you no longer have to wonder why D3 is a steaming pile of dog shit.

https://twitter.com/skrutsick

Did you check WHAT she is doing at Blizzard? It stands right there, on her twitter account! Service technologies. That is not the main game development department, right? And what kind of lousy story is this? What does that have to prove? This was a bonus level. A funny gimmick, unlocked by following a certain pattern. Not original game content, totally optional and so on. Man, biased is defined by people like you, sorry. She does not love D3. She loves the part with the ponies. And that's cool. I am so fucking glad that you are (obviously) not connected with the game-developing world.

To summarize that: Your critizism is based on an 8-year old loving ponies. A woman posting personal oppinions on twitter. Or am i wrong?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Jun 29, 2016, 5:45:58 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I liked original inferno best. They nerfed it to the ground in 1.3-1.4 and hated it. Really hated it after AH gone and came here. I like trading. Do you grow your own food or go to grocery store? Just seems optimal use of time for one and corrects RNG.

Here is my profile 2.5m kills most got summer it came out because I was still in highschool on summer break and played 16 hrs a day lol ....doubt anyone played more here and I stopped when SFL came

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AimlovesPOE-1825/career

How you like my user name? hahahaaaaa

PS D3 paid for all my supporter packs and then some so no regrets.

almost 4 mill ;p

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kashimaa-2519/career

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info