I LOL at people who say POE is dead

"
thevdende wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
POE is dying. Steamcharts show half of the playerbase is left since prophecy launch, thats a lot lower than any previous leagues. Also 10 000 less players even started Prophecy compared to Perandus. D3 is fun if you're not a no lifer and only have a couple hours a week to play, POE is mainly for nolifers.

Be careful, I used steamcharts to say exactly what your saying on reddit and got shit on. Not even a little bit, more like shit flinging monkey-ed. Anyway, the absolute number of players starting could be due to various reasons like time of year, its exam period and summer vacation. So there may just be less people available who have the time/will to play.

What is more telling than the absolute numbers though, is the shape of the graph. For perandus the graph was pretty much convex, slowly curving downwards, whereas the prophecy graph is concave, indicating players are leaving faster than during perandus.

I'm still playing because I've had a couple of unlucky rips, have low currency so still need to think about my build, so I'm not bored yet, but I'm not playing any of the prophecies.

Friend list is pretty bleak too. Although I seem to have 1 friend who loves it (he's a wierdo though xD)

Hmm they didn't say "lol but thats only steam, not the stand alone players"?
Like we're talking about absolute numbers... -.-
The curve doesn't only give you info on steam players but info on overall retention of the playerbase.

I am bored, most leagues I only make 1 char cba leveling another. I played a couple D3 seasons and created 3 chars there per season, gear them up, get to average level of grifting and quit within 1-2 weeks. POE with shit league mods lasts about 3-4 weeks for me per league. Didn't play last D3 season because they added nothing interesting to the game. Looks like this is going to be a bad POE league for me too, I feel like I'm already done with prophecy.
"
Bars wrote:
"
"
ressiv wrote:
POE is dying. Steamcharts show half of the playerbase is left since prophecy launch, thats a lot lower than any previous leagues. Also 10 000 less players even started Prophecy compared to Perandus. D3 is fun if you're not a no lifer and only have a couple hours a week to play, POE is mainly for nolifers.

Not dead but definitely not in a good spot.

Checked out Twitch tonight to watch some streams before bed. You know there's an issue when D3 has more viewers, and the games with viewers closer in numbers to POE are like throwback Zelda (old school) or generic Poker streams. Pretty fucked up.

Also Havoc and Etup giving up this league has made the viewer experience not as great.

Actually, Havoc and Etup quitting the league should be enough of a red flag by itself. Nevertheless, I don't think PoE is dying. It's simply a failed league - perhaps the most failed temp league ever. If GGG gets their shit together and fixes some of the fundamental problems with the next temp league, the game will be in a much better spot.

They ignored player feedback and had the audacity to tell us we're a 'vocal minority', they didn't betatest anything and they rebalanced the xp penalty around just a few top players. Of course it backfired. Now that even most of those top few players have quit, let's hope GGG will pull their heads out of their asses and have a reality check. Speaking of which, it's quite ironic how Chris says shit about vocal minorities and then balances the XP penalty around 0,000001% of the player base because he doesn't like these 0,000001% hitting lvl 100 in one-two weeks. It's obvious GGG's decisions about game balance are inconsistent and they're just looking for justifications.

Yup, couldn't have said it better.

Speaking of which, I am still waiting for an answer to this:

"
I don't want to sound rude, but for this quote:

"
Chris wrote:
We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal. The harder grind also more clearly signals to players who like building alternate characters roughly when to reroll.

How, exactly, do you "find" supporting information such as this?

How do you define "harder" grind?

Mindless spamming Canyon/Gorge/Plat is not a "harder" grind. Should be rephrased to "longer" instead, in my opinion, and those two definitions are very, VERY different. I think you're confusing "drooling and spamming Whirling Blades and doing low maps 24/7 on stream" with "roll Red Maps with 30%+ Pack Size" in this case.

Which has now gone 13 pages without a response. The only official further GGG post in the thread was regarding MTX frogs.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but activity on the forums has slowed to a trickle. For what it's worth, at least during Perandus there were a ton of people posting. The sheer lack of discussion happening around here speaks volumes.

And yeah, we know the Steam charts do not account for everyone. But first off, I'm willing to bet that it makes up the majority due to Steam being so ubiquitous. And secondly, it still represents a trend that can be easily extrapolated. In other words, if we did have data representing the entire population of PoE the curve would be pretty much the same.
This is a buff™
"
TriniGamer wrote:
I recently went back to try D3, played for 12 minutes and got bored. LOL

I got a friend to power level me in 12 minutes and as a reward I was given a guaranteed set armor AHAHHAHAA. I guess blizzard wants to compete with Candy Crush with D3. How can a game be so pointless? I mean there is NO drive to farm for anything in it, everything can be had in just 1 week of farming... And since there is no trading nothing is of any value to top it off. So its 100 times better to play Grim Dawn than D3.

So I got my full legendary set and was like WTF do I do now? lol I tried asking in Global chat but it was dead nobody was on. Went on steam stats and found out POE is consistently one of the top played games on Steam always making first page list.

Came back to POE and had to turn off Global Chat because so many people were on. I then went right back to Farming REAL end game, Atziri and I do it only for items to SELL thats the fun for me in POE its making currency. So I can you know one day Afford a Legacy Mjolner and a +1 Curse Volls Devo.

I like that it can take years to get items in POE and there actually is Trading and the items continue to remain viable for many years possibly decades to come. But then again I only play standard, if you play leagues you might conclude POE is dead every morning. I am fine with leveling masters just once thats enough for me for one lifetime

To be fair, the same thing can be said about POE, the only arpg game i found myself farming in and being excited all the time for every small upgrade was Diablo 2, due to awesome pvp and pvp being very gear demanding. Rich= pvp success and pvp there is fun as hell.

In Diablo 3 the only farming incentive is to push Greater rifts, to do well there you need to farm for months or bot(Paragon levels) and perfect your ancient gear/enchants, no 1 week farming is going to get you anywhere dont kid yourself. T Now that torment levels are being increased again there may be incentive to try many fun specs in somewhat more challenging content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info