Cut-Throat League? Is this going to be like waiting for DIablo 3's pvp

+1 for Dev response. Over 2 months now. sad.
"
TheScientist wrote:
+1 for Dev response. Over 2 months now. sad.

Did you play the races? At least we got something now and BTW Chris said that they might look at feedback from the 7 cutthroat events and discuss their plans for the future of permanent league.

7 races were really fun. Best thing I tried in PoE by FAR... Actually the best thing I tried in any game EVER.
"
FIreskull wrote:
7 races were really fun. Best thing I tried in PoE by FAR... Actually the best thing I tried in any game EVER.

I didn't get to play the races, but watch on YT. What remained on my mind were the portalling/flask refills and Alt-F4 "manoeuvres". Looks to me PoE is not nearly ready for serious 'world PvP". It's just a gimmick for now.
placeholder for creative sig
"
Undon3 wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:

I didn't get to play the races, but watch on YT. What remained on my mind were the portalling/flask refills and Alt-F4 "manoeuvres". Looks to me PoE is not nearly ready for serious 'world PvP". It's just a gimmick for now.

They just need to implement a 2.5 second timer before you can quit the game, not like diablo 3's 10 second timer lol,

2.5 is good for dc's even, and makes it fair I would say.

never the less, need a response to this at the time estimate.

No point playing a league when you are assuming another is on the verge of being released.
+1 for Dev Response to critical issue for anyone not wanting to waste time in a league they are not going to play.
It's hilarious to keep seeing people asking for a dev response as if a dev is actually going to read these pointless threads.

10/10 good troll
"
Onehat wrote:
It's hilarious to keep seeing people asking for a dev response as if a dev is actually going to read these pointless threads.

10/10 good troll

No its not... What makes it hilarious? And how is the thread pointless?

10/10 good troll comment.
"
Undon3 wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:

You have to wait 5 seconds before you can portal/leave the game.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I am fully & strongly in favor of GGG making Cut-Throat leagues a.s.a.p.

Personally I don't often participate in cut-throat races as I prefer pve to pvp but I do often think about longer cut-throat leagues & what they would add to the game. I understand there are some balancing issues to be made but I feel that they will best be made after we have some more experience with the concept.

Let's try a cut-throat league, firstly a week long. Let's see what the meta is after a week...are ppl just pk'ing levels 1's in Terraces, leaving the game at any sign of trouble or have people actually taken to more than just trolling? The data will be real & can be balanced as a result.

After, a month league. ...Is the meta the same or has more time given players different agendas? Let's find out! Seems pointless to postulate & speculate on balancing a meta that doesn't even exist yet.

Then the 6month league. Providing tests 1 & 2 weren't utter failures then the 6month league will be where we see the league develop & the players mature. Sounds awesome.

While I don't often participate in cut-throats I am an avid viewer of the races, they are exciting to watch & it's interesting to see how players go about it. From the try hards leveling up to the bunch of masochists trying to zerg eachother at level 1, cut-throat brings a new dimension to POE that I feel enriches the game as a whole. I am very interested to see how a longer term league would turn out, while there will surely be the noob trollers I feel there will also be a large number try hards trying to level & attain gear before either getting ganked or planning their own attacks.

Let's not waste more time postulating the balance issues & let's get some week long cut-throats going...this is a BETA afterall, who cares if it fails first time!
If we get a 1 week race then could we at LEAST seperate the pvp so that you can only kill people in your own difficulty. (Or maybe act?) That would at least solve the problems to a certain degree but of course far from completely.

Basically similar to how you cant do 28 PvP if you enter Cruel Twilight Strand. (But without level cap.... only zone cap.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info