Cut-Throat League? Is this going to be like waiting for DIablo 3's pvp

k so is cutthroat out now?

if not then bye.
Guys I know you have a pretty sizeable thread here and I'm gonna let you finish, but ARPG's aren't PvP games. Its not a priority. Personally, I alternate between this and CS, peppered in with some Civ5 from time to time. Your expectations are way too high for what this genre can deliver, and the devs know this. Despite the "fun" that skilled pvp can be between "good" players, there are the 90% of the population that will play it and immediately cry, whine and beg about the complete lack of balance. And they'll be right mind you. PvP will work for a couple of extremely specific specs, and will completely blow otherwise.

TLDR: Its a tiny niche that requires dealing with a BS to support, and to that effect, the devs will forever have it on the backburner / low priority list.
"
lilbuddha wrote:
Guys I know you have a pretty sizeable thread here and I'm gonna let you finish, but ARPG's aren't PvP games. Its not a priority. Personally, I alternate between this and CS, peppered in with some Civ5 from time to time. Your expectations are way too high for what this genre can deliver, and the devs know this. Despite the "fun" that skilled pvp can be between "good" players, there are the 90% of the population that will play it and immediately cry, whine and beg about the complete lack of balance. And they'll be right mind you. PvP will work for a couple of extremely specific specs, and will completely blow otherwise.

TLDR: Its a tiny niche that requires dealing with a BS to support, and to that effect, the devs will forever have it on the backburner / low priority list.

They have stated multiple, multiple times that PvP should be one of the primary ways to play the game. They have also said that it is a big priority.

Expectations are not too high regarding cutthroat League when they have teased it so much. They,ve teased it in the League forums and by running races.

Anyways they have said that they DO WANT TO MAKE THE LEAGUE PERMANENT at some point, but it is taking so long that you become uncertain if this is the truth or not. Thats why we keep asking them about it.

Or maybe they have just cancelled it... Dunno.
"
you haven't left yet? Your post is worthless.

When the game has been officially released (not OB) for 6 months and there is still no cut-throat... then maybe you can compare it to D3.

Bottom line, come back when the game is released. Demanding a dev response for irrelevant BS makes you look like a complete ASS.

This.

Alltho im not comparing to D3 at all... I just want dev response Again.
"
FIreskull wrote:
All this was written by tpapp:

The issue with cutthroat is GGG finding the time to sit down and figure out the mechanics and restrictions necessary to keep the permanent league fun and then code it all up and implement it. The past few months GGG has been spending all of their time implementing necessary content for Act 3 and Open Beta. Hopefully once Open Beta is past and all the launch issues are taken care of we'll here more about it. As I said, a permanent cutthroat league is definitely something that GGG wants to do. It's just a question of content priorities and when they'll find the time to do it.

Just for reference here are some of GGG's immediate priorities:
Resolving any balance/stability issues that come up with Open Beta
Adding more skills
Adding more microtransactions
Finishing the Act 3 areas and quests that won't be done in time for Open Beta
Updating and adding more PvP options
Incrementally improving Acts 1 and 2 (to match Act 3's level of quality)
Upgrading the trading system (including trading through the forums)

I (and GGG) don't know yet where or if implementing a permanent cutthroat league is going to fit into that feature schedule.

Wondering how it looks like now.
Why don't they just add a "HOSTILE" button like in D2? For a game that takes so much inspiration from it, they decide not to take one of its best features? KISS- no need to overthink it or add some overly convoluted system like every ARPG seems to want to do these days.
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STILL NO CUT THROAT OR PVP TOGGLE HAHA!
"
TheScientist wrote:
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STILL NO CUT THROAT OR PVP TOGGLE HAHA!

I think this might be the most constructive post ever. Of all time.

In all seriousness I don't know what to tell you. They haven't released it yet, they'll release it when the decide to release it, and all we can do is wait. Unfortunate, but what can be done?

Well, I suppose we could stalk this thread and bump it with a post like the one you just did whenever it starts to fall off the main page. Though I don't see what that would do besides make the situation all the more unbearable.
Last edited by WShinikaru on Dec 11, 2013, 10:38:56 PM
Would love an update on this as well
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
We could do a petition to collect signatures. I think it would be nice for the players and for the developers to see how many people are actually really interested in a permanent cut-throat league. I hope it gonna be enough to convince the developers to create one ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info