Cut-Throat League? Is this going to be like waiting for DIablo 3's pvp

"
riptid3 wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:

The problem about the league is a balance problem where you can be level 90 and go to normal terraces and destroy people who are trying the league for the first time... You cant do that in a 1 hour race. (Allthough you can spawnkill level 2,s once you have reached the ledge or further... u just go back to terraces and spawnkill people... everyone will go to terraces... terraces will be crowded with people who are level 1 to 90 because of spawnkilling issues. It will be turned into dumb spawnkilling very quickly... It will become a Twilight Strand league since this is the only place where you cant get killed by someone who is 99 or 98 levels higher than you.

Are you telling me it takes a significant amount of time to add an additional rule that prevents somebody from being high level AND hostile in a lower difficulty than they've completed? You wouldn't need that rule in merciless.

Sure, you'd get those people that are like lvl 60 and haven't killed normal piety. But who cares? It's cut-throat, it's not suppose to be fair.

I quess ur right... Im just worried that it will be so unbalanced that it wont even be fun.. would you enjoy having a level 60 marauder smashing your head with a mace when you enter terraces as a level 2.... Well... I would actually find it funny somehow... But still... Everything is just soooo damn random then. But if they release it like this then I would of course play it... no doubt about that.
"
FIreskull wrote:
"
riptid3 wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:

The problem about the league is a balance problem where you can be level 90 and go to normal terraces and destroy people who are trying the league for the first time... You cant do that in a 1 hour race. (Allthough you can spawnkill level 2,s once you have reached the ledge or further... u just go back to terraces and spawnkill people... everyone will go to terraces... terraces will be crowded with people who are level 1 to 90 because of spawnkilling issues. It will be turned into dumb spawnkilling very quickly... It will become a Twilight Strand league since this is the only place where you cant get killed by someone who is 99 or 98 levels higher than you.

Are you telling me it takes a significant amount of time to add an additional rule that prevents somebody from being high level AND hostile in a lower difficulty than they've completed? You wouldn't need that rule in merciless.

Sure, you'd get those people that are like lvl 60 and haven't killed normal piety. But who cares? It's cut-throat, it's not suppose to be fair.

I quess ur right... Im just worried that it will be so unbalanced that it wont even be fun.. would you enjoy having a level 60 marauder smashing your head with a mace when you enter terraces as a level 2.... Well... I would actually find it funny somehow... But still... Everything is just soooo damn random then. But if they release it like this then I would of course play it... no doubt about that.

Yea, lol I would be worried about it. I'd just hope THAT guy, and there will be at least one of them, is in a different instance than mine. Maybe just maybe he gets me. Then isn't playing for a while. That way I end up getting to a high enough level to defend myself and then I go for him :P

Besides wouldn't it be fun to get to say level 30 and then go back with a group and try to kill that guy.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 1, 2013, 5:05:34 PM
I just want to invade some scrubs and murder them :(
"
TheScientist wrote:
"
WhisperByte wrote:
I would like to point out that PoE is not even out of Beta. GGG are most likely going to release cut-throat league shortly before 1.0 release of this game (I think). Compare that to D3 where pvp was released several months AFTER the 1.0 release

saying the game is stil in beta is kinda a joke, the game is released, nothing more to be said, it has already been in the real beta phase long ago.

Alpha -> Beta -> Release
so if its not beta, are you saying all content as is, is final? excluding future expansions/micro?

we are obviously missing act3b and act4 entirely, I don't understand how people think this is the finished product. Just because engine starts, transmission works, and car can roll forwards doesn't mean its finished without interior, exterior, and final safety checks.
Last edited by Sebulous on Apr 1, 2013, 11:10:06 PM
Seriously..... still no feed back on this... were getting close to 2 months
now..

come on GGG do something or give us info! this is ridiculous!!
Stop acting like a whining 6-year old.

D3 PvP and Cut-throat league are two completely scenarios. D3 PvP was promised to be in the initial release of the game. GGG never made such promises regarding Cut-throat league.
IGN: MinusFour/Teeda
Soft-release, not real retail gold release. That's coming later this year, haven't you heard? :P
So yeah game is still in Beta bro.
Sweeping Maid
"
minus4 wrote:
Stop acting like a whining 6-year old.

D3 PvP and Cut-throat league are two completely scenarios. D3 PvP was promised to be in the initial release of the game. GGG never made such promises regarding Cut-throat league.

They have promised that it is going to be a permanent league though.
Hey OP maybe you should edit ur first original post in this thread to involve a question asking the devs about the status of the league.
"
Sebulous wrote:
"
TheScientist wrote:
"
WhisperByte wrote:
I would like to point out that PoE is not even out of Beta. GGG are most likely going to release cut-throat league shortly before 1.0 release of this game (I think). Compare that to D3 where pvp was released several months AFTER the 1.0 release

saying the game is stil in beta is kinda a joke, the game is released, nothing more to be said, it has already been in the real beta phase long ago.

Alpha -> Beta -> Release
so if its not beta, are you saying all content as is, is final? excluding future expansions/micro?

we are obviously missing act3b and act4 entirely, I don't understand how people think this is the finished product. Just because engine starts, transmission works, and car can roll forwards doesn't mean its finished without interior, exterior, and final safety checks.

The game will officially release when act3 is done. This is suppose to be around September. Act4 isn't until next year. There's not much left in terms of content until they start a new act every 6-9 months.

For all intents and purposes this is a soft-release as stated by GGG themselves. Saying "it's beta it will change" is not likely. Like it or not the systems are pretty solidified and it would take a massive amount of convincing to get them to change anything major before September.

Convincing that otherwise would not happen if everybody stopped talking. Just because somebody says "it's only beta, the grass is greener" "it's still beta, have patience".

Some people I swear. Do you really think people don't know this is not a released game? You're all being beyond captain obvious at this point. It's so frustrating how naive people are.

Newsflash: We all know it's beta and we all know how likely things are to change in a major way. They aren't. So instead of adding nothing to the conversation, post regarding the topic itself. I know thinking is difficult and posts other than "It's beta" "deal with it" may require some effort on your part. Hell, I think the upvote/downvote/like +1 shit is dumb as rocks. But even that is better than the above.

TL;DR Post on the topic itself, instead of saying "it's beta, things can change". The game could be better because of you or it could stagnate because of you.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 2, 2013, 10:08:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info