"
YarrakKafasi wrote:
1.herald of ice
2.herald of ash
3.flame totem

these 3 are the broken things in pvp

This guy knows what he's talking about

....Haha
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Holy shit I missed that LOL
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
1. Projectiles Continuing Offscreen

This takes the entire feel of "fighting someone" out of the experience if I'm randomly one-shotted as soon as I get into the arena. One-shotted? Fine, I'm a scrub pvp'er. By someone I can't see? Not so much. Maybe limit the range of projectiles in PVP?

2. Skill Brackets

Walking into the arena and dying 10/10 times is always fun. I know there isn't a large PVP'ing population to begin with, but try to group players who are much more skilled/better equipped?

3. Strategy/Complexity

Arena feels like the old school UT deathmatches. Fun for an hour or so, but there isn't enough variety to make replays new and interesting. Would it be hard to implement constructible barricades? Make the areas a little larger and let players build their own "forts" as teams?
"Cast on Death build (not viable for HC)"
Last edited by bobclown on Jul 17, 2016, 8:49:44 PM
1. PvP is dead and devs will never care, Chris has pretty much said so. It really is the number one issue here which blocks any other from being dealt with. Everything starts with convincing them to care again. Which in turns starts with convincing them that a. PvP is worth the effort and b. enough of the playerbase will be mature enough to keep it worth the effort.

2. Lack of support for premade-only where gear and build is not as much of an issue; you'd see PvP become a lot more welcoming to new players, and thus get a lot more new players, if there was an even playing field to enter, instead of the 500ex-centric playing field we have now, which almost no one wants to invest in. And PvP desperately needs a bigger playerbase to get the freedom to bracket players meaningfully instead of matching rank 900s with rank 1800s. To be clear, Premade PvP would allow PvP-only characters, equiping only gear that came with the character, no external gear, no Ascendancies, etc; only respecing and moving what gear the premades come with around. An even skill-based playing field.

3. Rude, juvenile players no adult would want to game with, most commonly the ones running 500ex kits, sometimes seen trying to harass other players just to do it. Players like that drive off more desirable ones precisely because who wants to game with 5-year-olds or those who act the part?

Honorable mention to PvP-only characters being dubiously locked on a per-account per-league basis instead of cleanly just per-account like Scion. That, too, should change, to allow Challenge Hardcore to better serve the premade faction, since Standard and non-Hardcore Challenge are filled with twinks and PvE characters.

Also honorable mention to off-screen battles with projectiles or summons. Spamming projectiles off-screen should not be a viable PvP strategy, ever, because it detracts from any real skill getting involved. Spark should do 0 damage in PvP. You heard me. 0. Disable the gem in PvP, it has no place in it by nature. Summoners should be relegated strictly to non-serious PvP, e.g. not allowed in duel matchmaking. PvP is player vs. player, not player vs. other player's horde of minions to hide behind. Even totems and traps are pushing the definition a little much. If I don't see the other player within the first 10 seconds of a duel, something is badly wrong.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
1. PvP is dead and devs will never care, Chris has pretty much said so. It really is the number one issue here which blocks any other from being dealt with. Everything starts with convincing them to care again. Which in turns starts with convincing them that a. PvP is worth the effort and b. enough of the playerbase will be mature enough to keep it worth the effort.

2. Lack of support for premade-only where gear and build is not as much of an issue; you'd see PvP become a lot more welcoming to new players, and thus get a lot more new players, if there was an even playing field to enter, instead of the 500ex-centric playing field we have now, which almost no one wants to invest in. And PvP desperately needs a bigger playerbase to get the freedom to bracket players meaningfully instead of matching rank 900s with rank 1800s. To be clear, Premade PvP would allow PvP-only characters, equiping only gear that came with the character, no external gear, no Ascendancies, etc; only respecing and moving what gear the premades come with around. An even skill-based playing field.

3. Rude, juvenile players no adult would want to game with, most commonly the ones running 500ex kits, sometimes seen trying to harass other players just to do it. Players like that drive off more desirable ones precisely because who wants to game with 5-year-olds or those who act the part?

Honorable mention to PvP-only characters being dubiously locked on a per-account per-league basis instead of cleanly just per-account like Scion. That, too, should change, to allow Challenge Hardcore to better serve the premade faction, since Standard and non-Hardcore Challenge are filled with twinks and PvE characters.

Also honorable mention to off-screen battles with projectiles or summons. Spamming projectiles off-screen should not be a viable PvP strategy, ever, because it detracts from any real skill getting involved. Spark should do 0 damage in PvP. You heard me. 0. Disable the gem in PvP, it has no place in it by nature. Summoners should be relegated strictly to non-serious PvP, e.g. not allowed in duel matchmaking. PvP is player vs. player, not player vs. other player's horde of minions to hide behind. Even totems and traps are pushing the definition a little much. If I don't see the other player within the first 10 seconds of a duel, something is badly wrong.

You are right about most of this except............ranged skills do have a place in PvP. The thing is they need to be better balanced based on the sheer fact they are ranged. Currently ranged skills hit harder then any melee ranged skill possibly could on a most consistent basis while inherently having all the perks of being ranged i.e less engagement etc.. and often times a better PvP oriented tree consisting of dodges/status immunity. They have FPS shotgun 1 hit kill power, with SMG speed and sniper rifle range...it's a joke, it really is.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
TheLastZica wrote:

This is a problem in pretty much any game with pvp, there's little you can do about obnoxious, well-equipped players wandering into pvp matches and stroking themselves to how well they're doing.

That said, PoE seems to have a pretty good pvp-community from what I've seen. I was worried that my build wouldn't be good and that I'd get bashed for it and run out of Arena, crying. But it didn't happen. This game's pvp community is, by and large, very friendly, since most of it is just older dudes who played Diablo II (yes, Mulla, I see you!) and wanted something better than Diablo III (yes, literally everyone playing PoE, I see you!). I'd say 90% of the pvp community is on its best behavior and generally want pvp to be good and for everyone to have fun doing it. Every once in awhile, though, you'll get that rotten 10% who just make things a nightmare, and they don't go until their either bored, or countered, then things are peaceful once more.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Can we talk about the opposite as well, the damn kids who start to insult you because they have no clue how pvp work and get frustrated when you one shot them. God there is this guy in Prophecy (that I won't name because it's against the ToS) who keep saying that I was cheating to everyone in the arena menacing me to send some video to GGG and get me ban.

I obviously told him that Hoodlum sold me the hack, and that he should report him as well.
I had a guy in perandus report me for auto targeting on my stormcaller, it was hilarious. That's actually the reason I installed obs was to send him video of me playing, watching my mouse cursor etc... And he reported that video link I sent him also, of course.

After showing some gameplay videos of my duelist on reddit, I had a guy message me saying he 'knew' I used some program to help manage flasks for me.

I'm like, "PVP man! We're better than machines haha" (had plenty of gitgud opportunities there but did not use)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Spawn killers are more rude than the 12 y old insulting mongrels.
I mean if someone is not fighting how crappy is that to go pk him in sarn just to get /ladder numbers.

Ha and those annoying trappers who kill you when dueling someone else in sarn haha.
Those trappers, such sneaky little bitches.

top 3 broken thing:

-no crit cap in pvp
-HoT and unavoidable damage skills
-AOE/offscreen

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jul 20, 2016, 4:37:34 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
You are right about most of this except............ranged skills do have a place in PvP. The thing is they need to be better balanced based on the sheer fact they are ranged. Currently ranged skills hit harder then any melee ranged skill possibly could on a most consistent basis while inherently having all the perks of being ranged i.e less engagement etc.. and often times a better PvP oriented tree consisting of dodges/status immunity. They have FPS shotgun 1 hit kill power, with SMG speed and sniper rifle range...it's a joke, it really is.

I never said ranged skills in general don't have a place, just ones with so much range they off-screen. Battles should take place with both players on-screen, that's all I'm saying.

"
I'd say 90% of the pvp community is on its best behavior and generally want pvp to be good and for everyone to have fun doing it. Every once in awhile, though, you'll get that rotten 10% who just make things a nightmare, and they don't go until their either bored, or countered, then things are peaceful once more.

I seem to have worse luck than you. It's pretty regularly that I see people trying to prevent other people from doing dailies just to do it, or otherwise being jerks towards people who aren't running expensive kits.

"
IceDeal wrote:
Can we talk about the opposite as well, the damn kids who start to insult you because they have no clue how pvp work and get frustrated when you one shot them.

We can, but the thing is those are usually more educatable and productive, since once you set them straight they can become decent players, whereas the twinks are usually beyond all fixing.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info