Name your 3 most broken things in PvP

"
TheLastZica wrote:

"
IceDeal wrote:
Can we talk about the opposite as well, the damn kids who start to insult you because they have no clue how pvp work and get frustrated when you one shot them.

We can, but the thing is those are usually more educatable and productive, since once you set them straight they can become decent players, whereas the twinks are usually beyond all fixing.
When someone is rude and abusive as a noob, he'll still be abusive towards others on a decked out character, only much more annoying since you can't walk over him that easily anymore.

If you help such a rude and abusive noob make a better character, he'll be ingratiating towards you to get free stuff/help so you might think he changed, but he'll continue his abuse towards others than you. Only now on an improved character, so your help actually made him better able to grief others.

A mitigating factor in poe is that people who are abusive and asocial (classic bullies), are usually rather stupid (stupidity leads to insecurity which leads to the bullying) and unable to make functional builds themselves. Which is why they are playing fotm cookiecutter builds.
Right now there seems to a bunch of self centered pricks playing copypasted bladefall traps and piercing frost wall builds, a couple of leagues back all the pricks where playing cookiecutter pa/ea, ...

Something I've also noticed is that despite that these fotm bullies are crappy one dimensional players that could be mistaken for noobs, they actually have enough experience in poe to know that it's not possible to report people talking in local. The last time I succeeded in baiting one of these guys to repeat the abuse in whispers, is so long ago that I've given up on trying to bait them. So they're usually not "noobs" with limited poe experience, they're just crappy players, even on their fotm builds.
Sounds awfully familiar, like someone who has been using freezing arrow/cold shot/whatever with frostwalls and is resting on 8 constantly. He's always out for my blood, it's like, Calm down, but he's constantly like
Spoiler

Seems to have calmed down some, idk if he got a talking to or what.

Thing about PoE "bullies" is that they can't stay on top forever. You know the saying, the bigger they are...
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:38:23 PM
Well, it turns out at least one of the bullies demands (meaning is angrily asking for, but has not earned) respect because they've "been part of this game since 2012", which means he's been a nobody for that long.

I think some of this loudmouth-yness goes a bit deeper than just what skills are broken.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
1. stuff that cant be blocked/dodged
2. shotgun
3. invinc aegis tanks ( not a big problem currently cause of insquistors )
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
I personally think Vortex is totally balanced.

As you can see here, this damage makes sense.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Spoiler
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Spoiler

This guy gets it.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Lacerate might be the single most broken skill in the game.

Ice spear can't hit anyone too close to the center podium in the sarn arena, but lacerate hits right through it, likewise it can hit people on the podium when you're pretty much humping it.

Lacerate broken pls fix ggg, don't want to lose friends over how op it is.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
I personally think Vortex is totally balanced.

As you can see here, this damage makes sense.

Be honest here we have traps+vortex.

traps are broken already and you add just another layer of brokeness haha.

yea vortex broken but traps are too :P
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jul 30, 2016, 7:01:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info