2.3 - The Frost Nuke™ - Crit Vortex + Herald - Full screen explosions

Currently lvl 59 and really starting to enjoy the build.
One thing i dont get is why you have IC in Cwdt? How do we get the endurance charges? Tried to figure it out but got not wise.

Thx for the info!
"
Sawsbaws wrote:
Currently lvl 59 and really starting to enjoy the build.
One thing i dont get is why you have IC in Cwdt? How do we get the endurance charges? Tried to figure it out but got not wise.

Thx for the info!

The base duration on IC procs even with 0 endurance charges - charges only increase the base duration.
Trying to do lab in merc and it is kicking my ass any suggestions. I'm lvl 75 have the set up but he one shots me every time.
Last edited by Bruxieus on Jul 2, 2016, 7:28:48 PM
"
Zokkoven wrote:
1 question: Have you kill uber Izaro or atziri with this build? Thanks

I literally have a video of an atziri run lol

And yes I've done uber lab many times.

"
Bruxieus wrote:
Trying to do lab in merc and it is kicking my ass any suggestions. I'm lvl 75 have the set up but he one shots me every time.

The izaro fight is really just a matter of not getting hit. Replace the crit strike gem with conc effect and just run around izaro and cast vortex between his attack animations.

I just run laps around izaro and he misses every attack.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jul 3, 2016, 12:48:31 AM
Hi
Love this build!

I'm only lvl 40 but I can't run Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder and Clarity at the same time due to mana reservations.

If I run both Heralds, I have mana problems.

So I have to run Herald of Ice + Clarity for now.

Any advice on how I can also run Herald of Thunder as well?

Thanks.

PS: How do you get some Energy Shield? I dont see any on gear?
Last edited by Xetter on Jul 3, 2016, 3:57:29 AM
"
Xetter wrote:
Hi
Love this build!

I'm only lvl 40 but I can't run Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder and Clarity at the same time due to mana reservations.

Thanks.

How do you not see any energy shield on gear?

As for running the 3 auras, it's a careful balance of max mana and having the right level of clarity (you don't max clarity).
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Sorry! Didnt think all that ES on gear added up to so much - on your videos you have 2,000 ES
Didnt thin it will come to 2,000.

Thanks for the Clarity tip! :)

"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Xetter wrote:
Hi
Love this build!

Thanks.

How do you not see any energy shield on gear?

As for running the 3 auras, it's a careful balance of max mana and having the right level of clarity (you don't max clarity).
Interesting build. I've only just started it, after trying non-crit vortex and being a little underwhelmed post level 80.

One question: Why the increased crit gem on herald of ice? My understanding is the HoI can't crit...

"
tonygonz wrote:
Interesting build. I've only just started it, after trying non-crit vortex and being a little underwhelmed post level 80.

One question: Why the increased crit gem on herald of ice? My understanding is the HoI can't crit...

The only reason it can't crit is that it has no base crit chance. If you put increased critical strike gem on something like Herald of Ice/Thunder or incinerate, it gives it base crit.

It only comes up to about 15% crit chance for herald of ice, but that's enough to get at least 1 crit in a pack which proliferates the freeze and helps with the chain reactions. It's more impactful the bigger the monster packs are.

That's why the build is so effective in high tier maps with tons of pack size and a domination zana mod. You wipe entire screens with 1 vortex.

Here's an example of chain reactions in a tier 15 map. Hopefully this kills all suspicions that the build can't clear high tier maps lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2e3QF4rBoQ
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jul 3, 2016, 3:43:58 PM
Thoughts on getting Mastermind of Discord for cold penetration after using Lightning Warp?

edit: nvm, I'm stupid, it will penetrate fire resistance, so only a small portion of our damage.

Hmm, or maybe use Flame Dash instead of LW.
Last edited by deimoss on Jul 3, 2016, 3:37:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info