2.3 - The Frost Nuke™ - Crit Vortex + Herald - Full screen explosions

"
deimoss wrote:
Thoughts on getting Mastermind of Discord for cold penetration after using Lightning Warp?

edit: nvm, I'm stupid, it will penetrate fire resistance, so only a small portion of our damage.

Hmm, or maybe use Flame Dash instead of LW.

Because of the cold to fire gem, the main vortex damage is fire so getting fire pen for using lightning warp is fine, but then a lot of the damage also comes from herald of ice.

Overall, it's not a more valuable node than the others at all, so I would advise against it.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I'm level 86 right now using a build that basically followed this, but with a few deviations. Where exactly are you getting your damage? I'm getting about 55k DPS (without flasks or charges). I know that your wands are better than mine, but I'd be surprised if it was a 200k DPS difference.

Also, when buying wands, what mods are you prioritizing? Is cast speed huge? Crit mult?

And one last question, how do you deal with reflect? I find myself basically one-shotting myself because a reflect monster happened to walk on screen when I was clearing a pack. Did you find this happening to you?

Thanks!
"
Andersma wrote:
I'm level 86 right now using a build that basically followed this, but with a few deviations. Where exactly are you getting your damage? I'm getting about 55k DPS (without flasks or charges). I know that your wands are better than mine, but I'd be surprised if it was a 200k DPS difference.

Also, when buying wands, what mods are you prioritizing? Is cast speed huge? Crit mult?

And one last question, how do you deal with reflect? I find myself basically one-shotting myself because a reflect monster happened to walk on screen when I was clearing a pack. Did you find this happening to you?

Thanks!

My dps comes from a combination of optimized things. Just keep making upgrades.

As for reflect, I just avoid reflect mobs entirely. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can get the reduced reflected damage taken node in the ascendancy instead of pendulum.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Maybe Im wrong, but i think that there its better way to travel to shadow area, its only 3 points change but give us extra 10dex and oportunity to take life/mana nodes

Original
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAIAAFxBQUlEQUNzQUh0LUszN0NDRUktbVJLdFZyaXljQlVKQmxxNnpUTFBROVplVlVsTTlYNktqZjhZUmxnNUlYZktUSjVmMEQ4UTdmTGpLdm9xaEx5MGZsU0RCOHc9PQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==

Edited
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAIAAFxBQUlEQUNzQUh0LUszN0NDRUktbVJLdFZyaXljQlVKQmxxNnpUTFBROVplVlVsTTlYNktqZjhZUmxnNUlYZktUSjVmMGJSa2k5R3dMRDhRN2ZMakt2b3FoTHc9PQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==
"
Cebilat wrote:
Maybe Im wrong, but i think that there its better way to travel to shadow area, its only 3 points change but give us extra 10dex and oportunity to take life/mana nodes

Original
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAIAAFxBQUlEQUNzQUh0LUszN0NDRUktbVJLdFZyaXljQlVKQmxxNnpUTFBROVplVlVsTTlYNktqZjhZUmxnNUlYZktUSjVmMEQ4UTdmTGpLdm9xaEx5MGZsU0RCOHc9PQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==

Edited
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAIAAFxBQUlEQUNzQUh0LUszN0NDRUktbVJLdFZyaXljQlVKQmxxNnpUTFBROVplVlVsTTlYNktqZjhZUmxnNUlYZktUSjVmMGJSa2k5R3dMRDhRN2ZMakt2b3FoTHc9PQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==

Ah yea you're right it's a more efficient pathing. I'll make the changes and update the thread.
this is my gear atm lvl 68, i have like 14 ex to spend..what would you upgrade first and how?
"
Dhuntervall wrote:
this is my gear atm lvl 68, i have like 14 ex to spend..what would you upgrade first and how?

I'd throw a blessed orb at that first wand.

Buy a 6L carcass.

Invest in a decent helm with the rest.

Your rings and amulet are nice.

Belt needs to be changed to a cold one.

Until you can afford a level 4 empower, use a cold pen or crit multiplier gem as your 6th link.

Once that's all done, try to work on getting higher life/ES gloves/boots. Craft % ES on rings if you can.
Just a quick question

Why do you choose to use spell echo? Does it just offer the most dps?Also would it be alright to use faster casting rather than spell echo? I just don't like the idea of being locked in place due to the second cast.(Or is spell echo 20/20 fast enough to be unnoticed)

Thanks for your time :D

PS. Really like your build :3
Last edited by FrozenToIce on Jul 6, 2016, 1:54:23 AM
would this be an ideal wand for the build? if so what should i master craft
"
JungleBeanr wrote:
would this be an ideal wand for the build? if so what should i master craft

It's an annoying wand to master craft.

If you put the multiple mods, you can't put another suffix.

I would just craft crit multi and exalt the rest.

"
FrozenToIce wrote:
Just a quick question

Why do you choose to use spell echo? Does it just offer the most dps?Also would it be alright to use faster casting rather than spell echo? I just don't like the idea of being locked in place due to the second cast.(Or is spell echo 20/20 fast enough to be unnoticed)

Thanks for your time :D

PS. Really like your build :3

I've been considering changing spell echo to a damage gem but here's what would happen.

I'm 1 shotting any pack (even blue ones) in tier 15 maps with spell echo on (so yes, the 2nd cast isn't of much use).

If I put a damage gem instead, I can't 1 shot the packs more.

A damage gem isn't going to outdps spell echo for bosses.

Spell echo allows you to sustain your mana a LOT better than faster casting.

If you have enough cast speed, spell echo doesn't lock you down for long at all.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jul 6, 2016, 11:23:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info