2.3 - The Frost Nuke™ - Crit Vortex + Herald - Full screen explosions

Hi, just wanted to say great build, currently 71 and loving it, my only question is,being a solo player completing the uber lab for me probably won't happen for quite some time, was just wondering until then which would you choose for the ascendancy node for completing the merc lab, Liege of the primordial or Pendulum of destruction.
"
Xon45 wrote:
Hi, just wanted to say great build, currently 71 and loving it, my only question is,being a solo player completing the uber lab for me probably won't happen for quite some time, was just wondering until then which would you choose for the ascendancy node for completing the merc lab, Liege of the primordial or Pendulum of destruction.

I prefer Liege. 2 golem is nice with extra buffs also they can tank for you too.
Honestly, I dont think this build is Uber viable.. to squishy.
your main defence is also your main offence and you suppose stay next to him to deal damage.
"
N4Z wrote:
"
Xon45 wrote:

I prefer Liege. 2 golem is nice with extra buffs also they can tank for you too.
Honestly, I dont think this build is Uber viable.. to squishy.
your main defence is also your main offence and you suppose stay next to him to deal damage.

When I do uber lab, I just swap out the crit gem for conc effect and leave vortex pools on izaro. I also turn off herald of ice and use blasphemy with enfeeble. Haven't had issues yet.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I was thinking on going Energy Shield with this build, CI most likely. Doesn't rly seem to hurt the damage. Only thing u'd lose would be the extra wand damage when taking an Energy Shield.
Was also thinking of linking Herald of Thunder to Warlords Mark too (taking dual Curse) so we'd have more lifeleech and Endurance Charges as well. Any thoughts?
"
Maredasan wrote:
I was thinking on going Energy Shield with this build, CI most likely. Doesn't rly seem to hurt the damage. Only thing u'd lose would be the extra wand damage when taking an Energy Shield.
Was also thinking of linking Herald of Thunder to Warlords Mark too (taking dual Curse) so we'd have more lifeleech and Endurance Charges as well. Any thoughts?

If you wanna run dual curse go ahead.

As for CI, you lose the damage of a full wand and 10% aoe from carcass (assuming you go beast fur shawl, otherwise you lose 20%).

Might be able to get more effective health.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jun 28, 2016, 11:39:06 AM
I respec'd an old witch character to this and while it's pretty nice up into mid-tier maps ... I find it's pretty squishy. I have like 4.3k life and 1.5k ES and it seems big tough groups or bosses can still 1-2 shot me. And since you have to stand next to things to fire the Vortex ....

Has anyone tried dropping a node and getting Mind over Matter? Would that help?

Also, my dps is NO WHERE near yours ... with all my Power charges up and Atziri's Promise I'm MAYBE at like 40k DPS ... how did you get near 250k ???

Nice build, but I can't ever see myself doing Uber lab, red maps, or Atziri with with this. Unless I'm missing some major defensive mechanic?
"
jbd007 wrote:
I respec'd an old witch character to this and while it's pretty nice up into mid-tier maps ... I find it's pretty squishy. I have like 4.3k life and 1.5k ES and it seems big tough groups or bosses can still 1-2 shot me. And since you have to stand next to things to fire the Vortex ....

Also, my dps is NO WHERE near yours ... with all my Power charges up and Atziri's Promise I'm MAYBE at like 40k DPS ... how did you get near 250k ???

Nice build, but I can't ever see myself doing Uber lab, red maps, or Atziri with with this. Unless I'm missing some major defensive mechanic?

The defense is the added offense in this case.

I have about 4.5k life and 2.3k ES now and it's way more than enough. I barely ever get hit and if I do it's only once.

You need to make the right upgrades for your DPS, it makes the whole difference. I run around at about 200k dps without atziri/powercharges.

I'm also breezing through tier 14 maps. Tier 15 maps too, but the bosses take a little longer than I'd like.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jun 28, 2016, 3:28:13 PM
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
jbd007 wrote:

The defense is the added offense in this case.

I have about 4.5k life and 2.3k ES now and it's way more than enough. I barely ever get hit and if I do it's only once.

You need to make the right upgrades for your DPS, it makes the whole difference. I run around at about 200k dps without atziri/powercharges.

I'm also breezing through tier 14 maps. Tier 15 maps too, but the bosses take a little longer than I'd like.

What's the 'big' DPS boost then? I'm level 89, have 20/20 Spell Echo, 20/20 Added Cold, lvl 16/17 (?) Cold to Fire, 18/20 Vortex (I know this will boost when it hits lvl 20), 20/20 Crit and I only have a 5 link so I can't use my lvl 3 Empower. Would having the 6 link and using the Empower be the big boost in damage? Or is it getting really good wands? I don't have great wands right now so I'm actually using a Doryani's Catalyst and a Divinarious (sp?).

This build IS really good at frost-nuking white/weaker blue mobs anywhere near you ... that is definitely true.
Hi, I have a quick question. Which would be better, a 5L Carcass Jack or a Tabula? I can't afford a 6L Carcass Jack just yet.

Great looking build btw can't wait to try it. :)
"
poepoe091 wrote:
Hi, I have a quick question. Which would be better, a 5L Carcass Jack or a Tabula? I can't afford a 6L Carcass Jack just yet.

Great looking build btw can't wait to try it. :)

Tough question. I'd go with tabula I think just so you can get the right amount of damage. The chain reactions just aren't going to be quite as big.

"
jbd007 wrote:

What's the 'big' DPS boost then? I'm level 89, have 20/20 Spell Echo, 20/20 Added Cold, lvl 16/17 (?) Cold to Fire, 18/20 Vortex (I know this will boost when it hits lvl 20), 20/20 Crit and I only have a 5 link so I can't use my lvl 3 Empower. Would having the 6 link and using the Empower be the big boost in damage? Or is it getting really good wands? I don't have great wands right now so I'm actually using a Doryani's Catalyst and a Divinarious (sp?).

This build IS really good at frost-nuking white/weaker blue mobs anywhere near you ... that is definitely true.

Empower is a massive DPS boost. Good wands. Good jewels. Gem levels, etc.

I mean if you look at my atziri + boss kills videos, this build can clearly do more than weak monsters. If you want I can record a vid of me going through a tier 14 map, everything gets 1 shot over and over and over. Including blues. Including yellows.

Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jun 29, 2016, 1:09:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info