naming and shaming scammers, im very upset.

for all who dont know, global 820 is the place where people share masters and do rotations to level them. the community has been built in such a way that when someone leaves the rotation before his turn on purpose, he is called a rota scammer or leech. today i was in a rota, and some guy left on his turn. we waited, pmed him, no response, not even on his native language which i happen to know. everyone from the party called him a scammer, including me. this is what i got, from a ggg mod directly:

zoomed here, in case thats needed: http://imgur.com/u9Vio1H

so basically i got scolded for calling scammer, scammer. well with all due respect, fuck whoever invented this rule. you can report me for that statement too. because this is punishing the legit players like myself, who have never scammed a single thing, and ALLOWING rota scams to continue. i mean come on, reporting via email wont do shit, there is no proof and no item was scammed, if you continue to talk shit to people reporting rota leeches, they will take over the place.

so how about: fuck off with the political correctness and let the channel function as it did before you started interfering? a scammer is reported TO THE COMMUNITY, because the 820 community is who needs to know, not ggg! he scams, he gets reported. move on and dont spam the 820 regulars with this shit anymore if possible.

tldr: if someone is a scammer, i have the right to call him that. and i will do it and i dont give a flying fuck what you do

edit: and for the love of god, dont give me some generic answer, but think about all this. i may have a point, you know!
Last edited by hideouts on Jun 8, 2016, 1:53:17 PM
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2016, 9:39:30 PM
"
ciuriiburii wrote:
These dudes from GGG started this game with some passion, but now, the are just "corporate" frags.
Tend to happen when success get's into your ars.

i agree 100% unfortunately :( makes me sad, i really love the game, but the shit is really getting on my nerves

i mean i honestly dont care that some random scammed a vorici 5 rota...but they not only let him get away with it, they also try to silence people who reported him to help the community. seriously, what the fuck?!
so, when i join a rotation and in the middle real life duties calls i either leave the party or go offline (depending on the urgency).

people like you calling those players scammers and ruining their reputation because of one incident are part of the problem.

if you don't want those people who jump from rotation to rotation in your party try to only invite people you trust.

additionally there is no ingame support for people doing rotations or providing "services", you do that on your own risk.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
so, when i join a rotation and in the middle real life duties calls i either leave the party or go offline (depending on the urgency).

people like you calling those players scammers and ruining their reputation because of one incident are part of the problem.

if you don't want those people who jump from rotation to rotation in your party try to only invite people you trust.

additionally there is no ingame support for people doing rotations or providing "services", you do that on your own risk.

[Removed by Support] while hideout addicts like myself (my acc name might give you a hint :p) have been there since the channel creation. so i know my shit. let me clear it up for you, and the GGG mods who have similar doubts!

1) in 820, when someone calls you a scammer, that must be confirmed by others in party

2) if you wanna go to for example trade or have short irl stuff, you simply say that and people will wait. in every rota theres at least 1-2 people (mostly its all of them) who understand that you have something more important and wont complain, let alone call you a scammer. even if someone from rota does that, others will defend you in channel.

3) if you have something long to do and/or cant come back, note that before rota and you will be put 1st so you can leave at any point. if you need to go for longer time and realize that during rota, you can say that ur sorry but simply cant stay, no one will complain. happened to me a few weeks ago, i had a terrible headache and just said that i must go, opened the daily (even thought no one asked), and left

so basically, yeah once in a year happens to a person that he/she gets falsely accused for leeching (even rarer now because they fixed the loading times and you can come back really fast), so yeah, shit happens. but if what you are suggesting happens, scammers will roam all over the place and be literally IMMUNE to reports because ppl who report will get muted or worse. every day. of every league. so its very easy to choose the lesser evil, so i dont see the point of mindlessly defending GGG in this

edit: oh and yeah, about services being on my own risk, im okay with that. when i get scammed in a rota, i dont cry, i just report the motherfucker, and then he cant scam anyone else! or at least thats how it was before all this politically correct crap, i am helping the community, and i except the same kind of help from it. thats how 820 functions, and it hasnt had any problems before this
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Jun 8, 2016, 9:13:23 PM
Of course it's possible real life called this player away from the game drastically and at the worst possible time. Maybe his child hurt himself. Maybe his wife had an emergency. Cute little protocol you've offered there, but sometimes life doesn't give people the time needed to abide by it. Guess who is in perfect position to make a note of suspicious activity and take action if there is a pattern? Answer: GGG. It's not a players place to publicly shame someone you've found guilty of bad behaviour. Let the administrators handle it. If you can't tolerate the risk of occasionally having someone dropping the ball on a rotation, don't join them! Been here since the beginning? In all this time have you not seen enough value in the game to see to it the the developers can put food on their tables to feed their families? You cry about leeching? Have the nerve to call them out and curse them in public because they dared to ask you to let them handle it?
"
NoahCannon wrote:
Of course it's possible real life called this player away from the game drastically and at the worst possible time. Maybe his child hurt himself. Maybe his wife had an emergency. Cute little protocol you've offered there, but sometimes life doesn't give people the time needed to abide by it. Guess who is in perfect position to make a note of suspicious activity and take action if there is a pattern? Answer: GGG. It's not a players place to publicly shame someone you've found guilty of bad behaviour. Let the administrators handle it. If you can't tolerate the risk of occasionally having someone dropping the ball on a rotation, don't join them! Been here since the beginning? In all this time have you not seen enough value in the game to see to it the the developers can put food on their tables to feed their families? You cry about leeching? Have the nerve to call them out and curse them in public because they dared to ask you to let them handle it?

i understand everyone's shit's emotional right now, but...life? feeding families? ive seen people mindlessly defend someone, but you raised the bar right here! maybe you are just trolling! i hope you are cause...daaaaamn!

but just in case you arent: admins cant do anything. it IS the players who should shame the scammer, because guess what? we didnt shame him, he shamed himself. we were just telling about his shame to others to protect them from being scammed by the same guy. it is really that simple, no higher philosophy! i will protect the people from 820 by telling them if someone obviously scams, like this guy did. i dont really care what ggg will do about it, because i will continue doing what i think is right, the same as what the whole channel thinks is right. i posted here just to see if they do what is right. i want some high level mod to admit the mistake and GGG to stop trying to fix what wasnt broken in the first place
"
vio wrote:
If you go offline then it is unlikely you will be called a scammer. Crashes happen, you know. Benefit of a doubt and all that. But if you just leave party and chill out in your HO or run maps ignoring messages from your former party then of course you will be considered a scammer. And OP was talking about latter case.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
vio wrote:
If you go offline then it is unlikely you will be called a scammer. Crashes happen, you know. Benefit of a doubt and all that. But if you just leave party and chill out in your HO or run maps ignoring messages from your former party then of course you will be considered a scammer. And OP was talking about latter case.

exactly! the guy was 2nd in the line, 1st guy did his mission, then this guy was like "whos next", then someone replied "you", then he left :D was kinda funny in a way. game didnt crash, he was there, we wisped but he didnt reply for quite some time so it was pretty safe to assume he was a scammer

and to those who will say "hey maybe he had irl problems", no it doesnt work like that. if you have irl problems, you just say "hey gtg i have irl problems", and no one will report you
You were asked by the creators and owners of the game not to whine in their in-game chat and to let them handle these matters. You have said repeatedly that you could care less what their wishes are. From the looks of it you've done nothing to support these guys in any way and are even saying they can 'go f#&k themselves' as far as you're concerned. If a guy didn't take the time to log off before he broke the rotation, in your mind he's guilty. You, me, none of us players know what he was doing immediately after the rotation break . . Oh, but wait a second. There is someone who can check what his activities were right after the broken rotation . . Shazaaaam! . . It's an admin!! Wow . . . if you and other disgruntled players report it . . an admin can check into it, find out if the guy is shady, including if he's had reports in the past! Oh, but you've got ESP apparently, as you've claimed to know the guy was scammer because he didn't log out (proves nothing). And ESP in knowing admins won't do anything. Why wouldn't they? You don't know squat! If I had the position, I'd look into it, why not? Everyone dislikes scammers, but you don't have enough information to wreck someone's rep over one rotation. Show some respect to the providers of this game by honoring their requests instead of coming to the forums and repeating exactly what they asked you not to do in game, like a dog crapping in the kitchen instead of the living room.
Last edited by NoahCannon on Jun 9, 2016, 2:42:44 AM
"
NoahCannon wrote:
You were asked by the creators and owners of the game not to whine in their in-game chat and to let them handle these matters <skipped all BS>
First, it is not whine. People are robbing other people, they deserve so all know they are doing it.
Second, scammers don't break ToS, so GGG can't "handle these matters" (legally). Instead, community handles it, and do it pretty well.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info