Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Step 3, 4 and 5 all involve a Discharge trigger - the question is about three Discharges slotted into Mjolner. This was the question for that response:
"How does Mjölner with 3 discharges, Juggernaut (Unrelenting), Voll's Devotion, Romira's Banquet (and Resolute Technique/Voll's Protector) work?"

As long as your first Discharge has a method of generating any amount of Charges (preferrably a lot), the second Discharge has stuff to work with.

Assuming starting from zero charges, and only a single enemy, within discharge range, which never dies (and taking the Resolute Technique option as it's easier to describe)
1) You hit with Mjölner, with a non-critical hit.
2) You gain a power charge.
3) First discharge triggers.
- 3a) Discharge calculates damage, based on your one power charge.
- 3b) Discharge consumes all charges.
- 3c) You lost a power charge, so gain an endurance charge, which is replaced by you gaining your maximum number of endurance charges.
- 3d) Discharge deals damage, hitting the enemy, with a non-critical hit.
- 3e) You gain a power charge.
4) Second discharge triggers.
- 4a) Discharge calculates damage, based on your one power charge and maximum number of endurance charges.
- 4b) Discharge consumes all charges.
- 4c) You lost a power charge, so gain an endurance charge, which is replaced by you gaining your maximum number of endurance charges.
- 4d) Discharge deals damage, hitting the enemy, with a non-critical hit.
- 4e) You gain a power charge.
5) Third discharge triggers.
- 5a-e) Same as the second Discharge.
6) You currently have one power charge, and your maximum number of endurance charges, and have finished your attack.

part 4
why would the first discharge not trigger first? why would the second discharge trigger over the first discharge in the links? assuming a discharge on each hit

the only reason i can see a 2nd discharge is to "increase chances"? of it proccing at all since its 30% chance to proc on hit? and using double discharges they roll seperate chance to "proc"

ie: first chance to proc fails and you get no discharge but it rolls again since you have 2 discharges in it and this one procs or doesn't proc (but you get another roll at the chance of proc)

which then in turn increases damage of it since it actually hits

so is it really simply not about proccing the first and second discharge but improving the chance of it proccing at all?

but this way i think it makes a lot more sense or am i completely wrong?

Last edited by Pepock on Aug 7, 2016, 4:25:43 PM
It's only a single Hit - the first Discharge doesn't trigger on step four because it has already triggered this Hit, you can't just infinitely trigger it over and over.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's only a single Hit - the first Discharge doesn't trigger on step four because it has already triggered this Hit, you can't just infinitely trigger it over and over.

but this is wrong isn't it? because your in that example posted the theory is you are basing the triggers on the first discharge and spell discharge itself cannot proc the second one

ie: a spell cannot trigger the mjolner's proc chance it has to be "a hit" anyway which is why im a bit confused on the 2nd discharge since on a second hit with an attack itll proc the first one again

btw thanks for responding so fast its just this part is really bugging me this whole 2nd discharge thing

or are these examples saying

the first discharge procs and the second procs due to the first discharge being procced and the basing the Mjolner's chance to hit off the first discharge itself? but its not "a hit" it wouldn't work
Last edited by Pepock on Aug 7, 2016, 4:47:20 PM
If the Cast on Hit roll passes, all Discharges cast, in sequence. One Hit triggers all three Discharges.

Spells do Hit, and can trigger on-Hit modifiers. However, Spells do not use your Weapon, and thus cannot trigger Mjolner - it's a local trigger!
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 7, 2016, 4:50:15 PM
"
part 4
why would the first discharge not trigger first? why would the second discharge trigger over the first discharge in the links? assuming a discharge on each hit

did you read 3) ?

"

My understanding is that 3 is before 4. So if the first discharge triggers at 3) and the second at 4) how exactly is the second one triggered before the first??

Last edited by Goldarm5 on Aug 7, 2016, 5:26:17 PM
"
Goldarm5 wrote:
"
part 4

did you read 3) ?

"

My understanding is that 3 is before 4. So if the first discharge triggers at 3) and the second at 4) how exactly is the second one triggered before the first??

well that was kinda my initial assessment of it the only real advantage i saw was the part of rolling it again for simply a chance to proc (not repeatedly) but a chance to proc at all

but im still not quite understanding the whole idea of putting another discharge besides the reason / advantage i posted above since it doesn't have a "cool-down" like cast on crit

"
Vipermagi wrote:
If the Cast on Hit roll passes, all Discharges cast, in sequence. One Hit triggers all three Discharges.

Spells do Hit, and can trigger on-Hit modifiers. However, Spells do not use your Weapon, and thus cannot trigger Mjolner - it's a local trigger!

and thats the thing if say it procs whats the reasoning of putting another discharge if the first will proc it

but this makes more sense when i put it into the context of the nerfed 30% Mjolner and chance of rolling again it makes sense to kinda put another one in there to try to proc as much as possible hence the 2nd roll discharge which will consume charges if the first fails but if the first consumes charges anyway the 2nd discharge is "kinda" wasted but considering the proc rate and play style of it just repeatedly smashing things with molten it makes sense

thanks for replys all have a good one
Last edited by Pepock on Aug 7, 2016, 5:35:08 PM
"
Pepock wrote:
im still not quite understanding the whole idea of putting another discharge besides the reason / advantage i posted above
"

The 30% chance to proc linked gems on hit is inherent to the weapon hitting.

But if it procs all skills linked will proc following the order of the sockets, only if using RT, Romira's banquet and Voll's devotion in that example. You gain charges between each discharge with those items, that makes each subsequent discharge go off.

So again if using the above items, 30% of attacks, all discharges will go off as you gain charges in between each and 70% of attacks, nothing happens.

Makes more sense ?
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 7, 2016, 7:15:07 PM
If I stand inside my Orb of Storms and use Discharge, while having Power Charges. Will the additional bolt released by Orb o Storms benefit from the power charges, or are they gone before the crit roll of Orb of Storms is done?
"
Goldarm5 wrote:
If I stand inside my Orb of Storms and use Discharge, while having Power Charges. Will the additional bolt released by Orb o Storms benefit from the power charges, or are they gone before the crit roll of Orb of Storms is done?

Using discharge, your power charges need to be consumed to trigger the additional bolts so they are gone at that point.
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 8, 2016, 3:25:31 PM
Hello, I have a question about Innervate support. I connected it with my firestorm and now there is written it support that firestorm with 15% chance to shock and gain onslaught for 5 seconds on kill shocked enemy but I never shocked enemy because i have never gained onslaught. Please help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info