Mechanical Questions Thread

Couldn't you get a stopwatch to test it yourself? Maybe in PvP so that you can disable the recharge (get someone to deal 1 damage to you every so often, shouldn't affect the results dramatically)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hello, I was redirected to this threat by a support. So here is my question:

Why can't I roll +%dmg and +%projectile damage on a single jewel?
Hi

I got a question. I only got 1 prophecie ( vaal winds ) trying to proc it on a map, but 10+ maps and no luck. i bet iff i went in an area, it would proc instant. So is this a bug or it cant proc in maps now?

Oh and to annoy you, i did 5 monstrous treause maps, and no cartografer, ( 36*5 ), its od a bit, especialy when my friend did 1 , and the 1st box he gets is a cartografer
Hello

I have access to a legacy kaom's Sign and was wondering if upgraded through a prophecy what would happen to the old life leech modifier

Simply put do I get a fancy life leech kaom's way or get a alt art dud and waste a legacy item?
how does Mjolner and Juggernaut unrelenting interact with using 2 discharges in the weapon itself

ex. in weapon discharge/discharge/X

charge generation through romira's banquet and voll devotion

how does it proc? is the 2nd discharge gem worthless? consumption of charges?

im seeing some wierd answers to this

i thought it followed the order of consumption

ie: Cast when dmg taken / immortal call / phase run (works phase run is active at the end)

ie: Cast when dmg taken / phase run / immortal call or w/e spell (doesn't work because there is an action after phase run)

so would this mean that the 2nd discharge is kinda useless?
Last edited by Pepock on Aug 7, 2016, 4:25:55 AM
"
how does Mjolner and Juggernaut unrelenting interact with using 2 discharges in the weapon itself

ex. in weapon discharge/discharge/X

charge generation through romira's banquet and voll devotion

You might want to look at the GGG replys first. That answer was already answered with 3 discharges:

"
Assuming starting from zero charges, and only a single enemy, within discharge range, which never dies (and taking the Resolute Technique option as it's easier to describe)
1) You hit with Mjölner, with a non-critical hit.
2) You gain a power charge.
3) First discharge triggers.
- 3a) Discharge calculates damage, based on your one power charge.
- 3b) Discharge consumes all charges.
- 3c) You lost a power charge, so gain an endurance charge, which is replaced by you gaining your maximum number of endurance charges.
- 3d) Discharge deals damage, hitting the enemy, with a non-critical hit.
- 3e) You gain a power charge.
4) Second discharge triggers.
- 4a) Discharge calculates damage, based on your one power charge and maximum number of endurance charges.
- 4b) Discharge consumes all charges.
- 4c) You lost a power charge, so gain an endurance charge, which is replaced by you gaining your maximum number of endurance charges.
- 4d) Discharge deals damage, hitting the enemy, with a non-critical hit.
- 4e) You gain a power charge.
5) Third discharge triggers.
- 5a-e) Same as the second Discharge.
6) You currently have one power charge, and your maximum number of endurance charges, and have finished your attack.
hello,

vengeance isn`t triggering fortify when linked together.

i am using a 3link setup in my "breath of the council"

vengeance - fortify support - endurance charge on stun support

if i highlight vengeance with the mouse pointer, all three gems are linked (highlighted) together. so it should work? bug?
generating endurance charges is working fine.

best regards
"
moegta wrote:
vengeance isn`t triggering fortify when linked together.

Fortify doesn`t work with trigger skills. This is one of many exceptions that are not very intuitive !
"
Goldarm5 wrote:

You might want to look at the GGG replys first. That answer was already answered with 3 discharges:

Assuming starting from zero charges, and only a single enemy, within discharge range, which never dies (and taking the Resolute Technique option as it's easier to describe)
1) You hit with Mjölner, with a non-critical hit.
2) You gain a power charge.
3) First discharge triggers.
- 3a) Discharge calculates damage, based on your one power charge.
- 3b) Discharge consumes all charges.
- 3c) You lost a power charge, so gain an endurance charge, which is replaced by you gaining your maximum number of endurance charges.
- 3d) Discharge deals damage, hitting the enemy, with a non-critical hit.
- 3e) You gain a power charge.
4) Second discharge triggers.
- 4a) Discharge calculates damage, based on your one power charge and maximum number of endurance charges.
- 4b) Discharge consumes all charges.
- 4c) You lost a power charge, so gain an endurance charge, which is replaced by you gaining your maximum number of endurance charges.
- 4d) Discharge deals damage, hitting the enemy, with a non-critical hit.
- 4e) You gain a power charge.
5) Third discharge triggers.
- 5a-e) Same as the second Discharge.
6) You currently have one power charge, and your maximum number of endurance charges, and have finished your attack.

i am more asking about the use of 2x discharge in the mjolner

what you described is use of 1 discharge in the weapon right? which yeah sure but what about a second discharge in the weapon

where does it get procced? does it proc at all? does it go through order of consumption

ie: topleft-rightdown

which is why i left the example of (cast when dmg taken / immortal call / phaserun)
this works and leaves u in the phase run state

but (cast when dmg taken / phase run / immortal call) doesn't work since its a spell action after phase run in order of gems which cancels it out and leaves you at the end with no phase run state since immortal went off after phase run

but thats just an example of order of consumption what i was specifically asking is why are some people putting 2x discharges in their mjolner builds?

if it follows the normal consumption rules the first discharge always should consume it and the 2nd one should do nothing? or is there something im missing and the 2nd discharge in the gem links actually does something?

actually i might have misinterpreted the part of it 4/5

so i went back and looked and now makes more sense to gaurentee the up charge with RT all the double discharge ones had RT in it vs Crit Mjol's which didn't have it
Last edited by Pepock on Aug 7, 2016, 4:06:08 PM
Step 3, 4 and 5 all involve a Discharge trigger - the question is about three Discharges slotted into Mjolner. This was the question for that response:
"How does Mjölner with 3 discharges, Juggernaut (Unrelenting), Voll's Devotion, Romira's Banquet (and Resolute Technique/Voll's Protector) work?"

As long as your first Discharge has a method of generating any amount of Charges (preferrably a lot), the second Discharge has stuff to work with.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 7, 2016, 3:54:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info