Mechanical Questions Thread

"
ekaye wrote:
See the article on damage conversion for the full story. In short, damage is affected by modifiers to its original type and the type it was converted to (and any types it was converted through, e.g. physical -> lightning -> cold). Your weapon's physical damage converted to lightning is equally affected by all three of those modifiers. However, Smite has a built-in lightning damage component that is not converted from physical, and you can get added lightning damage on your weapon and from various other sources. Since this damage was never physical, physical modifers don't affect it. So the increased lightning damage modifier is the most effective, but it's pretty close, especially if you have a high physical damage weapon.

Thank you for the info. I guess my confusion/concern is with how PoE does all of its damage calculations. I thought that maybe all the multipliers and modifiers would add up differently for a build with different sources of increased damage versus a build that focused on one.
Hello game deves. How exactly does impale effect work? For example, you use one skill that impales an enemy at 1000 dmg. You then attack with another skill that does 1 dmg. But that 1 dmg skill is linked with '49% increased impale effect'.

so does that 1dmg skill do 150 dmg? Or just 100 dmg?

Basically im asking if the impale support gem needs to be linked to the impaling skill? or is the impale just plain old 10% until hit with a skill that has impale effect mods on it? thanks.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jun 15, 2020, 9:57:51 PM
Hello,

I have a question about self cursing. So now that we know that stealing a "Hexproof" mod from a rare through HH or inspired learning will remove the curses on the player, I was curious about the interaction with Cospri's Will and that new mechanic, cause the item describtion states that you can apply curses to "Hexproof" enemies. Does that work on the player if he reflects the curses he applys or does it only work on enemies?
Hello,

I have a question about the notable Ascendancy passive skill for the Gladiator, Outmatch and Outlast, and the skill, Spectral Shield Throw. Do kills with Spectral Shield Throw count as kills with your off-hand, and therefore able to take advantage of "25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Kill with Off Hand" for Outmatch and Outlast?
Beacon of Madness Two-Toned Boots have a option "All Damage inflicts Poison while affected by Glorious Madness",

Is that just mean we can inflict poison with element (only) hit(like fire, cold, lightning)?

How about not hit like DOT of toxic rain??

'All damage' contain DOT ?? ,or not??
"
Regretter wrote:
Beacon of Madness Two-Toned Boots have a option "All Damage inflicts Poison while affected by Glorious Madness",

Is that just mean we can inflict poison with element (only) hit(like fire, cold, lightning)?

How about not hit like DOT of toxic rain??

'All damage' contain DOT ?? ,or not??
Ailments can only be applied by Hits (with the exception of specific skills that create chilling areas or chilled/shocked ground). Damage over time, regardless of modifiers, is incapable of applying ailments.
+2% to critical strike chance against enemies on consecrated ground from Bottled Faith. Does this work for my minions?
Dark pact currently has the line: % more Damage with Hits and Ailments if using your Life. I was wondering, if I were to link Dark Pact to High-Impact Mines, would it benefit from this more damage bonus? I know totems get the bonus, but I wanted to clarify that it would also work for mines.
I am looking at nodes in the passive skill tree that include the following two properties:
A) X% Increased Physical Damage
B) Attacks deal X% increased Damage with Ailments

Is bleed damage increased by both modifiers? With A increasing the initial damage that the bleed damage is based off of, and B increasing the total bleed damage?
I am trying to understand what the new stat "Reduced Effect of non-Damaging Ailments" does for Freeze. Does it do anything at all to freeze?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info