Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Cha_Hae_In wrote:
With the release of 3.9 patch notes, I've came across some changes that I don't quite understand clearly; and was wondering if I could get some clarification?

Question 1:
"Hyrri's Ire now has 100-145 minimum added cold damage to bow attacks (from 173-188) and 160-200 maximum added cold damage to bow attacks (from 240-262)", base on this change would this affect existing Hyrri's Ire as well? or would existing ones turn legacy?

Question 2:
"Added a new modifier which grants an additional arrow which can roll on Bows as a suffix.", would this apply on any kind of bow base? or would it only be available for the new Conquerors of the Atlas influences items?

Question 3:
"The Supported by Maim modifier from Serrated Fossils can no longer roll on Body Armours." and "The added Maximum Life and increased Life modifier from Pristine Fossils can no longer roll.", can I assume those roles will be on the new exalted orbs or would they be removed? and would this affect existing roles on items if the roles were to be on the new exalted orbs?

P.S. - I would say I'm 25%/100% standard player, so want to craft those fossil items before patch hits.

Thank you for your time and trouble for clarifying these questions!
1) Generally what happens for modifiers with a range of values is that existing items keep their values, but if you use a Divine orb on one, it rerolls to the new range. It's only if the modifier has a single value that (usually) existing items are affected.

2) It applies to any bow of the appropriate item level, whether it dropped before or after CotA.

3) There's no telling whether they'll show up elsewhere or not, but they won't be removed from existing items. GGG have never erased a modifier from existing non-unique items as far as I know.
I'm not quit sure, but will the volley fire jewel affect skills supported by the new barrage support?
Has there been any official statement on the order in which curses are added and removed from an enemy if multiple people with different curse caps apply them? After some testing the wiki's description seems wrong.
I was wondering about the interaction between Arborix and totems, specifically this part: "30% more Damage with Arrow Hits at Close Range while you have Iron Reflexes". Would the 'close range' refer to me or the totem attacking?
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vulconus

(70-100)% increased Fire Damage with Hits and Ailments against Bleeding Enemies
(70-100)% increased Physical Damage with Hits and Ailments against Ignited Enemies

I am always unsure about mechanics in regard to damage conversion. Say I use this with wildstrike and two threashold jewels so Wild Strike always chooses fire: Apparently I will get the increased damage agains bleeding enemys but what about the physical damage against ignited enemies? I don't get that, right?
"
znubz wrote:
I'm not quit sure, but will the volley fire jewel affect skills supported by the new barrage support?
The patch notes say nothing about it, so I think it's safe to assume that Volley Fire only applies to the Barrage active skill gem, not to Barrage Support.
"
keyarchan wrote:
I was wondering about the interaction between Arborix and totems, specifically this part: "30% more Damage with Arrow Hits at Close Range while you have Iron Reflexes". Would the 'close range' refer to me or the totem attacking?
It almost certainly refers to the range from the projectile's origin, just like Point Blank, Far Shot and the like do.
"
Shafirion wrote:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vulconus

(70-100)% increased Fire Damage with Hits and Ailments against Bleeding Enemies
(70-100)% increased Physical Damage with Hits and Ailments against Ignited Enemies

I am always unsure about mechanics in regard to damage conversion. Say I use this with wildstrike and two threashold jewels so Wild Strike always chooses fire: Apparently I will get the increased damage agains bleeding enemys but what about the physical damage against ignited enemies? I don't get that, right?
Converted damage is affected by modifiers to damage dealt according to its original type and the type(s) it was converted to and through. Assuming the enemy is both Bleeding and Ignited, the increased Fire damage will scale all the damage you deal. The increased Physical damage will scale Vulconus' inherent and flat added Physical damage, but it won't scale its flat added Fire damage, since that was never Physical in the first place. Note that the enemy must take unconverted Physical damage to Bleed, and Wild Strike will convert all your Physical damage, so you'll have to find some other way to apply Bleeding. This will be especially hard during the 50% of the time Avatar of Fire prevents you from dealing Physical damage.
Hey y'all, just had a question about Galvanic Arrow and Nova's interaction together.

If I link Galvanic Arrow to nova arrow support, will the lightning aoe also shoot in a nova around me, or does it just affect the arrows? Also, will the less modifier on the support gem also affect the cone's damage, even if it doesn't shoot in a nova? How would the gem be affected if I used Arrow Nova support and Barrage together?
"
Hey y'all, just had a question about Galvanic Arrow and Nova's interaction together.

If I link Galvanic Arrow to nova arrow support, will the lightning aoe also shoot in a nova around me, or does it just affect the arrows? Also, will the less modifier on the support gem also affect the cone's damage, even if it doesn't shoot in a nova? How would the gem be affected if I used Arrow Nova support and Barrage together?
Arrow Nova Support will cause the arrows to fire in a circle (they're moving away from "nova" to describe this effect), but the lightning burst is not a Projectile and will not fire in a circle. Despite not being a Projectile, any Hit with an Attack skill used by a bow deals Projectile damage, so the lightning burst will receive the less damage penalty. If you use both supports, Galvanic Arrow will fire a total of 10 Projectiles, sequentially but still in a circle.
Damn, that's disappointing. Still, I bet it could be good with a chin sol trapper using barrage or something. It would take some testing and probably wouldn't be a league starter though.
Hey there. In the midst of all the 3.9 stuff I come with a bit of a legacy question about how Geofri's Legacy cooldown recovery speed works. If the base cooldown of Holy Relics is 0.25 seconds, would eg. a 20% reduced cooldown recovery speed translate into:

0.25 * 1.2 = 0.3 seconds

or

0.25 / 0.8 = 0.3125 seconds

PoB and I seem to be in disagreement over what the correct calculation is, so just want to know for sure if I'm wrong or PoB.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info