Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Mechanical Questions Thread

"
dunge0nmaster wrote:
Does spectral throw shotgun whit greater multiple projectile support on bosses. I cannot find this information and need to know for my build.

It does not.
Hello I am completely new but I like the game so far. I took my time to read trough wikis, a few guides and more or less I get the mechanics but I've got questions about the very base of the game and that's gem linking. As funny as it sounds I more or less get the other mechanics outside of map crafting but that's far away for me. ^^
1.Does the attack gem gotta be first in line and the support gems linked below or it can be for instance in the middle of link chain and 2 support gems relativly above it and 2 below it. Same question about trigger gems too like cast when damage taken support. Does it gotta be first and the next 1-3 spells/curses/buffs after it in the chain or it can be in the middle.
2.A bit of a moronic quest but if you get and item with 4 blue sockets for instance and they are chained 2 by 2 can you get 2 auras from each chain respectivly/2/3/4 auras from 1 item. Thank you.
Last edited by lotloren1234 on Nov 19, 2019, 1:56:17 AM
I'm confused about the Lightpoacher's Spirit Burst skill.
Chest link: Cyclone - Cast on Crit - Ice Nova
Weapon - Cospri's Malice.
Weapon link: Frost Bolt - Ice Nova

In my understanding, the conditions of triggering Spirit burst is "Trigger this Spell when you Use a Skill while you have a Spirit Charge".

Assumptions: I have Spirit Charge.

While channeling Cyclone, why does Spirit Burst NOT proc when cyclone crits and casts Ice Nova or Frost Bolt via chest/weapon?

I tested it out and found that Spirit Burst only procs every time I cast Cyclone.

I guess my question is, is this the intended mechanic or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Last edited by pBauzi on Nov 19, 2019, 2:11:29 AM
About Multiple uses of the deathmark.

I am sorry that it is not smooth to ask with a translator because it is a Korean user.
Connect Deathmark to Raise zombie.
Connect Deathmark to the Raise specter as well.
In this case, two Deathmarks are created in the skill.
Can both zombie and specter receive damage amplification if one of the Deathmark is used on the enemy?
Or are only one of them getting a demage amplification?
I would be very happy if you would answer.
"
lotloren1234 wrote:
Hello I am completely new but I like the game so far. I took my time to read trough wikis, a few guides and more or less I get the mechanics but I've got questions about the very base of the game and that's gem linking. As funny as it sounds I more or less get the other mechanics outside of map crafting but that's far away for me. ^^
1.Does the attack gem gotta be first in line and the support gems linked below or it can be for instance in the middle of link chain and 2 support gems relativly above it and 2 below it. Same question about trigger gems too like cast when damage taken support. Does it gotta be first and the next 1-3 spells/curses/buffs after it in the chain or it can be in the middle.
2.A bit of a moronic quest but if you get and item with 4 blue sockets for instance and they are chained 2 by 2 can you get 2 auras from each chain respectivly/2/3/4 auras from 1 item. Thank you.

The order of active and support gems does not matter in most cases.

The exceptions are trigger gems like Cast on Critical Strike and Cast while Channelling, and even then it does not matter for the main functionality, but only affects the order of the triggered spells, if several are socketed in a single setup like that.

Cast when Damage Taken has a separate counter for each linked gem, so the order does not matter (there are exceptions to this for combinations that specifically make use of these combinations, but they are even rarer than the previous case).

Gem sockets are agnostic of active and support gems at the moment. You can have an item with 4 linked sockets and place 4 active gems that do not interact with each other at all in it instead.

"
pBauzi wrote:
I'm confused about the Lightpoacher's Spirit Burst skill.
Chest link: Cyclone - Cast on Crit - Ice Nova
Weapon - Cospri's Malice.
Weapon link: Frost Bolt - Ice Nova

In my understanding, the conditions of triggering Spirit burst is "Trigger this Spell when you Use a Skill while you have a Spirit Charge".

Assumptions: I have Spirit Charge.

While channeling Cyclone, why does Spirit Burst NOT proc when cyclone crits and casts Ice Nova or Frost Bolt via chest/weapon?

I tested it out and found that Spirit Burst only procs every time I cast Cyclone.

I guess my question is, is this the intended mechanic or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Triggering a skill does not count as using a skill, and neither does continued channelling. Thus, Spirit Burst is only triggered when you start Cyclone. You can trigger it manually by stopping Cyclone every now and then, if you want.

"
청난슬 wrote:
About Multiple uses of the deathmark.

I am sorry that it is not smooth to ask with a translator because it is a Korean user.
Connect Deathmark to Raise zombie.
Connect Deathmark to the Raise specter as well.
In this case, two Deathmarks are created in the skill.
Can both zombie and specter receive damage amplification if one of the Deathmark is used on the enemy?
Or are only one of them getting a demage amplification?
I would be very happy if you would answer.

From the text of the Deathmark skill granted by Deathmark Support, copied from the wiki:

"
Applies a Deathmark to a specific enemy, causing all minions from skills supported by any Deathmark Support to target that enemy. Only one enemy can be Deathmarked at a time. This skill cannot be used by Totems, Traps, or Mines.
So yes, all of your minions that are supported by Deathmark Support will benefit from the damage bonus and focus that target, but no, they will not receive the bonus twice because you have two Deathmarks, since you can only have one.
Hi. I'd like to know about 2 things.

Asked about one at "Unleash" thread much time ago but did't have the answer. So...

"
loadinggood wrote:

How does "Blade vortex" works with "Unleash support"?
Do "Unleashed" blades have less damage somehow?

Another is about "Smite" gem. It has melee part and area part. I found some information about area part. It does not considered as melee in case on-hit effects and so does not apply Fortify or rage by "Rage support" ("Shockwave Support" and etc). Does it means that area part does't have melee tag and not benefits from things like "Melee Physical Damage Support", "Ruthless Support" and "Disemboweling" from passive tree (Melee crit chance/multi")
Hi @all,

I'd like to know how Dominating Blow and Item Rarity Support work together? What happens when my minions kill an enemy?

Best regards,
the_k
"
the_kringel wrote:
Hi @all,

I'd like to know how Dominating Blow and Item Rarity Support work together? What happens when my minions kill an enemy?

Best regards,
the_k

I am not an expert on Dominating Blow, but it should affect both your hits with Dominating Blow as well as the hits of your Sentinels of Dominance.
Now that the Betrayal mechanic is no longer character bound, and is instead shared between all characters in a league. Has it been determined how this will work on league-merge?

For example, I was planning to play Standard next league, I have a very good Syndicate in Blight, and a very bad one in Standard. Is there going to be a way I can ensure my Blight Syndicate is the one that's kept, and the Standard one is the one that gets discarded? Or is that something that won't be merged at all?

Also how are leftover Atlas Missions going to be handled? I assume they'll just be added to my total in Standard, but was hoping I could get confirmation.
Hello,

a question about elemental hit and chain, would the area of effect damage apply at each target hit during the chain ? If two monsters are close together and elemental hit projectile hit both of them, can the area damage "shotguns" and hit both monsters ?

Thanks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info