Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi! Wondering if sword passives (specifically in the lower-left portion of the tree, the Blade of Cunning circle) would apply to bow characters using bows as long as Iron Grip was taken? I tried posting on the build guide page i'm following, but no response. Thanks!
"
Comanche761 wrote:
Hi! Wondering if sword passives (specifically in the lower-left portion of the tree, the Blade of Cunning circle) would apply to bow characters using bows as long as Iron Grip was taken? I tried posting on the build guide page i'm following, but no response. Thanks!
Iron Grip doesn't modify weapon types or modifiers, it just makes Strength apply its damage bonus to Projectile Attacks in addition to Melee Attacks. What you want is Lioneye's Fall, which would do exactly that if you put it in the nearby socket.
"
Bouyou34 wrote:
Why, in the character sheet, the
"30% more chance to Evade Melee Attacks during Onslaught
30% more chance to Evade Projectile during Onslaught"
from raider ascendancy
isn't counted while it is in pob ?
That's a Path of Building bug, not an issue with Path of Exile. Did you check the configuration box to turn on Onslaught?
is there a limit on uber hillock per character?
like can i kill uber hillock with oni goroshi or is every character limited to being able to defeat him once?
"
RAMENhameha wrote:
"
Gluonar wrote:
"
RAMENhameha wrote:

The definition of stationary is the same, but 3.8 introduced a delay to consecrated ground. You spawn it under your feet as soon as you could in 3.7, but in 3.8 it takes time before it starts doing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pbko2OFcZ4

I guess it was stealth/unintentionally changed when patch 3.7.1 dropped (https://www.pathofexile.com/search/results/sanctuary/search-within/posts-threads/forums/366).

After doing some frame counting, I think I understand part of what's going on. Stationary seems to activate after 18 or 19 frames of standing still (easily testable by letting go of move), but what counts as standing still when casting spells/blink teleports?

I did a test with Frostblink, which is able to activate stationary while continuously holding down move. I held click to move in one direction, used Frostblink in that direction, then immediately moved my cursor to a new direction 90 degrees off. Examining it frame-by-frame, I counted about 4 frames before Frostblink activated (used mana) after pressing the skill button, 8-9 frames of blinking until the character (and screen) began moving in the new direction, then another 9-10 frames until the consecrated ground buff icon showed up. So the ~18 frame rule worked out, but half of the time the character was able to freely move. What? Why?

I told you, the definition of stationary didn't change. In the video I linked you can clearly see that the visual effect of consecrated ground appears after something negligible, maybe around 4 frames of standing still. The problem is the delay between the visual effect and the buff icon. It is not an inquisitor problem, it's a consecrated ground problem. Stand in hideout and press a sulphur flask, you'll see a massive delay compared to 3.7.

And it has nothing to do with what happened in 3.7.1.

hi there

The Essence of Hysteria writes

Gloves Socketed Gems deal 175 to 225 additional Fire Damage

is thas working if you use skeleton mages from summon skeleton gem ?

is that working with melee skeletons?
Bodyswap appears to be targeting/prioritizing bosses over corpses. It also does not appear to be trigger correctly in poets pen.
"
ekaye wrote:
"
Bouyou34 wrote:
Why, in the character sheet, the
"30% more chance to Evade Melee Attacks during Onslaught
30% more chance to Evade Projectile during Onslaught"
from raider ascendancy
isn't counted while it is in pob ?
That's a Path of Building bug, not an issue with Path of Exile. Did you check the configuration box to turn on Onslaught?

What im saying is that IT IS counted in pob BUT NOT on CHARACTER SHEET
Last edited by Bouyou34 on Sep 11, 2019, 3:46:26 PM
When using Righteous Fire your Energy Shield falls to zero and doesn't recharge or regenerate does it still add to Righteous Fire's DPS?
So my question is about the new Inspiration Support Gem.
The basic Mechanic is clear you generate charges and get more elemental dmg and crit per charge the question i got if i link it lets say to summon raging spiritis will they benefit from the more elemental dmg and critical per charge or not?
Hello guys, how spectre movening cap work? If i will have any additional source of bonus to movening speed for Minions. For Spectre will have no effect?
Last edited by kaienowaty on Sep 12, 2019, 5:42:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info