Mechanical Questions Thread

Does voidhearth bleed and poison apply to lightning strike projectiles or only to initial attack?
That day was a quiet night, I woke up from a nightmare...
It was crazy and confusing, I saw a Mirror of Kalandra...
But then I remembered...
Then I realized the devastating truth ...
This world is an illusion, Exile.
1. Do minions have a maximum limit on charges (power, frenzy, endurance)?

2. Does increased/reduced duration of charges adjust the duration of charges applied to allies?
IRON MAN
i got a guild with 100 ppl. i created guild at the first day after beta version in 2013. First day!!! after years and years still guild setting is same!

guild stash management is very weak. we cant control who took and put items on guild stash. we need a log system. pls guilds have big problems. i am tired opening titles for this.

i think a log system and last online time setting for players will be very usefull.

generally problems are:

1-leader,officer and member levels arent enough. need 1-2 new levels like "new player" to control guild stash and player in guild. we dont want "new players " have same rights with member while using guild stash.

2-leader should give his rights to another officer to control guild while leader is offline. Officer could have same rights if leader wants it.

3- need a guild stash log system. we exchange items from guild stash but a few times at this exchange another person took these items and we cant find who did this.

4- some ppl make a break playing game and we cant understant who gave up game. because we cant see last online time of players. very easy but i cant understant GGG doesnt want to do this...

pls Mark, hear our voice. from 2013 we got huge problems because of this system!
we hate current guild system. GGG doesnt care it.

ty =(
Last edited by druen on Jun 29, 2016, 11:17:59 AM
Hi.
1.) SRS Damage:
In earlier Question (concerning Minions) you told that the Summon Minion Gem itself is a Spell and the Minions (as long as the Gem is Zombies, Skelettons and SRS) use Melee Attacks.
In the current league I'm playing a 6 linked SRS with Spell Echo and Cast Speed to increase the Summon Spell (for more Spirits cast) and to increase the Damage: Minion Damage, More Physical Damage and More Mellee Damage on full Life.

Does the SRS do Physical Damage at all? I notice many Enemys start to Burn, but is this pure Fire Damage or is there a Physical to Fire Mechanic going on (in short tearms: Is a Raging Spirit affected by Melee Damage increases?)

2.) SRS Life:
Using the Beacon of Corruption Necromancer Passive I noticed that Raging Spirits that expire leave a Poison Cloud. But how many damage will it do? I know that a Raging Spirit can't be damaged so I thought tehy have 1 Life. Can you give any detail on how much Base Life the Raging Spirits summoned by SRS have?

3.) Elemental Status Effects:
I use the Hypothermia Skill Gem to explain my problem. The Skill Gem says:

Hypothermia SupportCold, Support

Mana Multiplier: 120
Requires Level 31
20 to 39)% more Damage against Chilled Enemies
10% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled

The last line "10% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled" does this mean that all my attacks linked to that Gem will have a Chance to inflict the freeze Status Effect? Or do I have to inflict the corresponding Elemental Damage (in this case any sort of Cold Damage).

For example if I'm using Hypothermia with SRS, will all SRS have a 10% Chance to Freeze Enemies which are chilled (whatever Damage the SRS does), or do they need to do at least 1 Cold Damage?
-> In the last case: Will the test for Status Effects be based on the total Damage inflicted (say, adding all Physical, Fire and Cold Damage the SRS inflicts) or only on the pure Cold Damage?

thank you :-)
I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
Warning: The original version of this post contained incorrect information. It has since been revised to be more accurate.

"
Fawakex wrote:
Does voidhearth bleed and poison apply to lightning strike projectiles or only to initial attack?

Voidheart Iron Ring specifies Melee only, and Projectiles are never Melee*. As for the Melee Hit: Whether Bleed and Poison can apply to any packet of Damage relies on whether that packet contains any Physical Damage (for Bleed**), or any Physical Damage or Chaos Damage (for Poison). This is because each condition scales off of that Damage type, and if there is zero damage to scale off of, it does not apply.

Multiple examples illustrating when you Poison/Bleed and when you do not.
Example 1:
You are wearing all white (Normal rarity) items, except for Voidheart. You socket a Lightning Strike gem. The Melee Hit will apply Bleed and Poison.

Example 2:
You are wearing all white items except for Oro's Sacrifice (which has no base Physical Damage), no Iron Rings, and Voidheart. You attack an enemy with enough Armour that the 1-4 damage from Voidheart's implicit deals 0 damage. Your Melee Hit will never Poison or Bleed.

Example 3:
You are using all white items other than Voidheart, Oro's Sacrifice. Enemies have enough Armour to ignore your 1-4 physical damage. You socket Added Chaos Damage Support with your Lightning Strike gem. Your Melee Hit will Poison, but not Bleed. [/quote]

Example 4:
You are wearing all white items, socket a Lightning Strike gem, and attach a Physical to Lightning Support gem to it. You will never deal Physical damage, so you will never Bleed, and you cannot Poison at this time.

Example 4a:
Socket an Added Chaos Damage Support to the link in the previous example. Your Melee Hit can now Poison, but not Bleed.

*An interaction not fully relevant to your question
It is possible to apply Strength's Melee Physical Damage bonus to Projectile Attacks. However, the Projectiles remain Projectiles, despite benefiting from Melee bonuses.

**Note if not using Lightning Strike
There's also the condition that it must be an Attack for Bleed, but you don't need to worry about that for Lightning Strike, as Lightning Strike will always be an Attack.

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 29, 2016, 1:13:00 PM
Hi Mark,

I would like to point out leech differences between elemental damage, spell damage and physical damage (melee and spell caster).

As physical character there are quite few ways to leech life and mana, passives, crafted by masters gear or rolled by rng (rings, amulets, gloves, weapon), Blood Rage and Warlords Mark and they are considered as defensive mechanisms for your survivability.

Recently on Awakening expansion you introduced passives with attack damage leech that makes not only the physical damage to leech but the elemental damage made by your attacks. You can survive and sustain your life pool and mana pool without even using a leech gem or curse and that with too little investment. If you decide to invest on life leech you can achieve a great amount of it and survive even great reflect damages.

As spell caster of any element in order to leech life back is warlords mark, life leech gem, some unique gear pieces with poor leech 0.2% and master crafting which is also 0.2% (I think its not fair to consider the corruption). There is no skill which allows you to leech (Blood Rage 1.2%) and there are no passives from the tree. You can invest passives and gear to sustain your mana pool but in order to stack life leech there are no other ways. Even if you decide to increase your resistances to counter your reflect damage you have to use at least 1 purity of your element which means that you will reserve mana. To invest on +1 to max resistances you have to invest great amount of passives and if you want to get more max resistances from purities you have to invest also in aura passives.

So in general all casters should use life leech gem which is -1 socket on your main skill, invest greatly on aura passives, use purity auras which reserves mana which means at least 1 less damage aura, warlods mark.

Is there a chance to see in some future patch a skill with spell leech like Blood Rage but for casters, passives for more max resistances, passives and affixes for spell leech on gloves, rings and amulets?
"
adghar wrote:
"
Fawakex wrote:

In general, it will apply to the Lightning Strike Projectile. Whether Bleed and Poison can apply to any packet of Damage relies on whether that packet contains any Physical Damage (for Bleed*), or any Physical Damage or Chaos Damage (for Poison). This is because each condition scales off of that Damage type, and if there is zero damage to scale off of, it does not apply.

But you forget, Voidheart only applies to Melee Attacks. Projectiles are decidedly non-Melee. :)
"
Mr_Dude wrote:

3.) Elemental Status Effects:
I use the Hypothermia Skill Gem to explain my problem.
The last line "10% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled" does this mean that all my attacks linked to that Gem will have a Chance to inflict the freeze Status Effect?

All Cold Damage (Hits) from linked active Skill Gems
"
Mr_Dude wrote:
Or do I have to inflict the corresponding Elemental Damage (in this case any sort of Cold Damage).

Yes (by default)

"
Mr_Dude wrote:
For example if I'm using Hypothermia with SRS, will all SRS have a 10% Chance to Freeze Enemies which are chilled (whatever Damage the SRS does), or do they need to do at least 1 Cold Damage?

Yes (see below)
"
Mr_Dude wrote:
-> In the last case: Will the test for Status Effects be based on the total Damage inflicted (say, adding all Physical, Fire and Cold Damage the SRS inflicts) or only on the pure Cold Damage?

Pure Cold Damage

Do note that the answers I give assume no Unique or Ascended effects that modify default behavior. The Three Dragons Golden Mask allows Lightning Damage to Freeze (note that this means you'll need an alternative source of Chill, as if your read The Three Dragons' description carefully, you'll notice there's no way to inflict Chill through Damage - this is noted on the wiki page for The Three Dragons). Thus, if you spread Chilled ground through a Skill like Arctic Armour, you can then potentially Freeze enemies using the Hypothermia Support gem and Lightning damage. In other words, change all "Cold" in my answers above to "Lightning." Also, adding all Damage for the check is only possible through Elemental Conflux, currently only available on the Elementalist (Witch) Ascendancy Class.

None of the two effects just mentioned are possible with SRS.

Note that two steps are needed to actually Freeze:
1) Pass a Freeze Chance check
2) Deal enough Cold (or modified, as above) Damage in one Hit to pass the minimum duration threshold

I am 99% sure that SRS can gain Cold Damage through use of the Hatred aura.

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Vipermagi wrote:

But you forget, Voidheart only applies to Melee Attacks. Projectiles are decidedly non-Melee. :)

ffffffffffffffff I knew I should have read new item mechanics more closely. Will fix that in an edit shortly.

@adghar:

Thank you very very much for the information given. That makes everything clear to me :)
I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info