Mechanical Questions Thread

Thank you for the precise answer!

And 'worth it' referred to the possible 7% additional chance to block spells with shields from the Mind Barrier Notable.

Taking your math that would mean for spells (since you cant evade them i think?):

HitChance * Block Chance * Frenzy Chance =
1 * .07 * .2 = .014 -> 1.4%

correct?

And would that be in addition to the Chance to block attacks?

4%-5.2% chance to gain a charge from blocking an attack and
1.4% to 1.75% to gain one from spellblocking?

Thanks again!

cheers
"
MOBRT_BRONSN wrote:

Taking your math that would mean for spells (since you cant evade them i think?):

HitChance * Block Chance * Frenzy Chance =
1 * .07 * .2 = .014 -> 1.4%

correct?

And would that be in addition to the Chance to block attacks?

4%-5.2% chance to gain a charge from blocking an attack and
1.4% to 1.75% to gain one from spellblocking?

Thanks again!

cheers

Yes, that all looks right.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hi all! Does Vaal Blade Vortex inherit the character Quantity and Rarity? I'm noticing considerably less drops from Incursions while using the Vaal Blade Vortex skill as opposed to not using it. It genuinely feels like none of the mobs killed by Vaal Blade Vortex are dropping any loot once the Incursion is finished. I get sometimes less than 1/3 of a normal set of Incursion drops while using Vaal Blade Vortex.
Last edited by Frogfriend on Jun 24, 2018, 9:02:53 AM
I have a very similar question to the guy before me. I started as a summoner this league, and at one point I decided to go full MF. Then I got told minions dont inherit IIQ, so I asked in many globals and read many forum posts, 70% of people said yes and 30% no but im still not sure and I want to know if I wasted 2 EX on MF gear for nothing.
Does the temple level matter when it comes to the tier 3 corruption chamber? For example, if i have a lvl 4 temple and i want to corrupt an ilvl 85 shaper amulet does the level of the temple effect the item in any way? or are the chances for the outcomes always the same regardless of the temples level
Last edited by DatDudeJay on Jun 25, 2018, 1:29:23 AM
Hello, If I got Darkness Enthroned - Stygian Vise, socketed with two 1% reduced mana reserved, will it become 3% thanks to the 50% increased effect?

It should work like this IMO, but I guess the game is just going to ignore this?

Edit: Tried it myself in game, this does not work :(
Last edited by Skogspeter on Jun 25, 2018, 4:14:51 PM
"
Skogspeter wrote:
Hello, If I got Darkness Enthroned - Stygian Vise, socketed with two 1% reduced mana reserved, will it become 3% thanks to the 50% increased effect?

It should work like this IMO, but I guess the game is just going to ignore this?

Edit: Tried it myself in game, this does not work :(

No. PoE always rounds down. The value of almost every stat has to be a whole number. Therefore 1% reduced reservation increased by 50% (which would be 1.5%) just gets rounded back down to 1%, and you don't get any extra bonus from the belt.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 25, 2018, 8:58:54 PM
Hello Mark,
I have done quite a few searches and i have not found a 100% answer, and currently i don't a realiable way to test this in game so here goes.

Does the Life Gain on Hit effect heals the character if no damage was done ? Say i use whatever amount of projectiles/ APS from any give skill, and i have the Ancestral Bond keystone, even my hit counts, and i'm not doing damage at all, would i still be healed from the Life Gain on Hit effect ?

Also in this topic of "Hit and zero damage" applied effects, what about Poison and Bleed effects ? Would hitting a tarde with a skill apply a Zero Damage Stack of Poison ? Or a Poison needs to do 1 damage to exist as a stack ?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has the answer to this.
Last edited by asghanrs on Jun 26, 2018, 12:34:02 PM
"
asghanrs wrote:
Hello Mark,
I have done quite a few searches and i have not found a 100% answer, and currently i don't a realiable way to test this in game so here goes.

Does the Life Gain on Hit effect heals the character if no damage was done ? Say i use whatever amount of projectiles/ APS from any give skill, and i have the Ancestral Bond keystone, even my hit counts, and i'm not doing damage at all, would i still be healed from the Life Gain on Hit effect ?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has the answer to this.

I am not Mark; but I can tell you that all on-hit effects still trigger even if the hit deals no damage (unless the effect specifies otherwise, such as Elemental Equilibrium). Specifically Life Gain on Hit will restore life to your character even with Ancestral Bond. Of course, you have to be hitting the enemies yourself - hits by your totems will restore life to the totem.

Worth noting that most sources of Life Gain on Hit only apply to Attacks, and for an Attack to hit, it still has to pass the accuracy check. If your attack misses, you will not get the life gain or any other on-hit effect.

Can someone explain me what DPS means in this Game?

My skill shows 6240 Damage per second but only 386 DPS.

Doesnt DPS mean Damage per second in this Game? ...

Means my skill does 20 times more Damage per second as DPS?...

In pathofbuilding it calculates even my curses and other damage icreases, the effective dps is more like 10k+.The tooltip just shows completly wrong numbers.
Last edited by Ikzme on Jun 27, 2018, 2:43:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info