Mechanical Questions Thread

Thanks alot.
I was wondering if the "Hits can't be evaded* on certain items, is supposed to not apply to Spectral Shield Throw? Even though you use your shield to attack, it is still a hit, so I was curious about if it's a bug
"
RussianMan wrote:
I was wondering if the "Hits can't be evaded* on certain items, is supposed to not apply to Spectral Shield Throw? Even though you use your shield to attack, it is still a hit, so I was curious about if it's a bug

What item are you getting the modifier from? If it is a weapon, such as The Tempestuous Steel, the modifier is local, and only applies to hits with that weapon. Spectral Shield Throw doesn't use your weapon.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
RussianMan wrote:

What item are you getting the modifier from? If it is a weapon, such as The Tempestuous Steel, the modifier is local, and only applies to hits with that weapon. Spectral Shield Throw doesn't use your weapon.

I think I found out about it now :) Thanks for the help
"
It seems the firestorm Area of effect is VERY barely affecting firestorm even with a very high amount of area of effect, This is very disheartening because I am using the gem, And both area of effect clusters from the witch, templar, And also the fire wheel between the two classes, And the Are of effect of the skill is very very very poor in increase, It doesn't look like it is doing anything, I have even grabbed a massive shrine ontop of all of this and the area of effect is still very bad.

Please look into this as I do not think area of effect is scaling correctly on the firestorm.

This sounds very much like you are trying to report a bug, not ask a question about how the area of effect mechanic in PoE works. If that was your intent, the bug report forum, in a separate thread, would have been the correct place to report it.

That said, it is almost certainly working as designed: area of effect was changed from scaling the radius of the effect to scaling the total area of the effect. This is, in effect, a very steep diminishing return effect applied to the benefit.

You should expect to cover a fairly small proportion of area no matter what; illustrated here are the changes from the older version: https://poecraft.com/legacy/aoenerf

If you are not comparing it to the original version, understand that the intent is that you do not cover "whole screens" with your spells or attacks.
I have a question that I couldn't find the answer for.

Do Malachai's Artifice's ring effect stack with Elemental Equilibrium passive skill?
Ex. Will Orb of Storms casted from the ring, with EE passive skill cause -87,5% cold and fire resist.?
"
paprocki wrote:
I have a question that I couldn't find the answer for.

Do Malachai's Artifice's ring effect stack with Elemental Equilibrium passive skill?
Ex. Will Orb of Storms casted from the ring, with EE passive skill cause -87,5% cold and fire resist.?

No; a skill either has Elemental Equilibrium, or it doesn't. Different sources of EE (from the passive tree, from items, map mods, etc.) don't combine.
Does Yoke of Suffering's
"Enemies take 5% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them"
work with totems and mines?

Since they inherit player stats the "you" in the text should refer to them,
similar to totems and mines inheriting leech effects for themselves.
Q: Aspect of the Avian with Saqawal's Nest does grant minions 20% chance for double damage and 20% chance for double damage right? If not, why not. If it does, is it then 2 x 20% chance or 1 x 40%?
Q:

CwDT & damage mitigation:

Does CwDT count damage before or after mitigation?

I believe after.

If so, am I correct that with very high mitigation (80-90%), a CwDT Molten Shell will take a long time to activate, then explode almost immediately, effectively having no uptime?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info