Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello guys,

This league i was focused to reach zana level 8 cause i liked how Harbinger Orb and Orb of Horizons worked at harbinger league, fitted perfectly at my solo play style.

I dont like how atlas works right now, at abyss i made 155/157 atlas and i cant sustain +11 tier maps playing solo without sextants and dont enjoy group and sextant style of play.

Right now I'm disappointed cause Harbinger Mod from zana is so bad, i spent more than 150 chaos at Hrbinger Mod with t12-t14 maps with alchemy, 20% quality from chisel, sextants, elder influence and made 7 harbinger shards and 2 Orb of Horizons.

So I'm Asking, are you GGG thinking about to change the drop rate of orbs and shards at harbinger mod? or is Harbinger Mod drop rate working as intended?

cheers
Last edited by Alluryen on Mar 12, 2018, 4:14:03 PM
I have an idea about new key stone : Soul Phasing
20% Chance to avoid elemental damage when hit
30% Increased physical damage you take

So guys what do you think and how thsi key stone cloud effect the game mechanic ( I mean is it strong, weak etc.)

P.S. I think elemental penetration shoud have 50% cap, some people are able to get 100% + global penetration. That isnt fun anymore :(
The Holy Bible
Last edited by Scryer16 on Mar 12, 2018, 6:59:04 PM
Spectral spirits doesn't gain from "Socketed Gems are supported by X" affix from shaped weapon

Is it really suppose to be like that?
"
djavulen99 wrote:
Spectral spirits doesn't gain from "Socketed Gems are supported by X" affix from shaped weapon

Read carefully what the Shaper modifier says. Is Spectral Spirit a gem socketed in the item?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
willeke wrote:
I run Gloomfang + CI. So I need life gain on hit to not kill myself. I linked Frost Bomb with lgoh. The ticks from the bomb dont kill me, but the explosion at the end does. Why? It should hit, thus I should gain life. (my lgoh gives +34, my gloomfang is on -11)

The LGoH Support only applies to Attacks - Frost Bomb is a Spell. You would need LGoH with Spells, such as from Cybil's Paw or a Shaper Ring.

Frost Bomb's "ticks" only apply a Debuff, they do not Hit, which is why they don't kill you :)

e;f,b

Thansk everyone for the clarification. I didnt really see the difference between primary and secondary damage (link LGoH with HoT to prevent suicide, but it was'nt necessary). Next question in the same direction: is the lightning damage part from Temepest Shield considered primary or secondary damage (wiki doesnt tell) - so will it trigger the Gloomfang and kill myself?

(I killed myself with it ... so it looks primary. confirmation?)
Last edited by willeke on Mar 13, 2018, 6:24:50 AM
"
willeke wrote:
Thansk everyone for the clarification. I didnt really see the difference between primary and secondary damage (link LGoH with HoT to prevent suicide, but it was'nt necessary). Next question in the same direction: is the lightning damage part from Temepest Shield considered primary or secondary damage (wiki doesnt tell) - so will it trigger the Gloomfang and kill myself?

This has absolutely nothing to do with secondary damage. (I don't know where you got that from, neither me nor Vipermagi have mentioned secondary damage at all.)

The Life Gain on Hit support does not work with spells. If it is a spell, LGoH can not be linked to it and it will not save you from Gloomfang killing you by it.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 13, 2018, 4:16:27 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
djavulen99 wrote:

Read carefully what the Shaper modifier says. Is Spectral Spirit a gem socketed in the item?

Well the Spectral Spirits should count as a socketed gem as they can link with the sockets in the weapon right? I don't wanna discuss if it might be or not. I just want a 100% answer to my question.
"
djavulen99 wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
djavulen99 wrote:

Well the Spectral Spirits should count as a socketed gem as they can link with the sockets in the weapon right? I don't wanna discuss if it might be or not. I just want a 100% answer to my question.

The mod does exactly what it says. It supports socketed gems with the support. Spectral Spirits are not a socketed gem. It is a skill granted by the item, not by a gem. Thus the Shaper mod does not affect it in any way.

This is working as intended, and the description is completely accurate. Compare with, for example, Empower; which has the same wording, and also does not support skills that do not come from gems.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 13, 2018, 4:38:23 AM
Hello

I have a very basic question about the Punishment Buff.

Lets say I am fighting Uber Elder and I curse him with Punishment, he then hits me (and I don't die, wahoo!). Due to curse effectiveness I only get a fraction of the nominal buff. Fair.

Lets say I draw a breach so have lots of normal monsters appling the curse now as well during the fight Elder has adds. Both of these categories of monsters when cursed provides the full buff effect correct?

One buff is going to be far more powerful than the other so is there a game mechanic that ensures the most powerful one is always applied if applicable? Or does a weak Uber Elder applied buff need to expire before I can be granted a second (and more powerful) buff from a regular monster?

Thanks
"
Hamdrew wrote:
Hello

I have a very basic question about the Punishment Buff.

Lets say I am fighting Uber Elder and I curse him with Punishment, he then hits me (and I don't die, wahoo!). Due to curse effectiveness I only get a fraction of the nominal buff. Fair.

Lets say I draw a breach so have lots of normal monsters appling the curse now as well during the fight Elder has adds. Both of these categories of monsters when cursed provides the full buff effect correct?

One buff is going to be far more powerful than the other so is there a game mechanic that ensures the most powerful one is always applied if applicable? Or does a weak Uber Elder applied buff need to expire before I can be granted a second (and more powerful) buff from a regular monster?

Thanks

When you are under the effect of two (or more) instances of the same buff/debuff, only the strongest one affects you.

There are certain exceptions when multiple instances of the same effect can stack, but the Punishment buff is not one of them. And a weaker effect never overrides a stronger effect.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 13, 2018, 9:02:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info