Mechanical Questions Thread

It's working as intended. Totems use your offensive bonuses - there's no benefit to giving Increased Cast Speed to a totem.
Two questions about the Sanctify node in the Inquisitor tree and its interactions with spell totem.

1) Does the 25% chance to create consecrated ground on kill proc on spell totem kills or just player kills?

2) Since totems count as allies, If both you and your spell totem were on consecrated ground, would it effectively be an 80% increased damage bonus or just 40 %.

Thank you
Why does Controlled Destruction work with Essence Drain, but NOT Contagion?

PS: Contagion would be so much better if it DID work with it :(
PSS: Why doesn't concentrated effect work with abyssal cry?

Last edited by RabidMonk on Jun 22, 2016, 11:04:19 PM
"
Starfires wrote:
What is the radius on "nearby" part of Singularity?
The radius of the Sigularity item aura is 25

"
Starlight85 wrote:
i'm playing around with the new 'ascent from flesh' belt.

When my energy shield recharge starts, I do gain the dodge / movespeed buff. I dont visibly gain any phasing buff however - either visually (like phase run), or as an icon that represents phasing at the top of the screen.

I use no skills / cwdt set up that would disable phasing.

Is it just that the phase run granted from this item doesn't have an icon, or am i missing something?
You seem to be confused. This item does not grant Phase Run. Phasing and Phase Run are different things.
Phasing is the state of being able to pass through enemies. It's granted by lots of things, including the Quartz Flask effect, the buff from the Phase Run skill, and several passive skills. Some of those things also grant visual effects (such as the flask effect and the buff from Phase Run, which each have their own different visual effect).
Phase Run is a specific skill, which adds a buff to the player. This buff grants multiple bonuses, one of which is Phasing, and also applies a visual effect to the character.

"
fatbrick wrote:
Why totem attack and cast speed nodes dont work with flame/spell totem ?
They do. They won't affect cast speed as shown on your character screen, because that can only show the speed your character would use the skill at.

"
Cymril wrote:
How does Navali dole out Prophecies? Is it based on character level, location, etc? (Difficulty is a factor, obv.)
Only character level and difficulty matter.

"
BadPixel wrote:
With the "Projectile damage increased by arrow pierce chance" mod on Drillneck, is there any way to achieve more than 100% increased projectile damage? Same question regarding "critical strike chance increased by arrow pierce chance" node from the deadeye ascendancy.
No. The chance to pierce cannot be higher than 100%.
"
BadPixel wrote:
Does Infractem's "arrows always pierce" mod grant 100% pierce chance
Yes.

"
tempismaster wrote:
Does Occultist Vile Bastion node trigger for my character if my totem gets a kill?
No.

"
Activation of Blasphemy aura with Cast When Damage Taken, is it actually intended mechanic?
No. Auras should not be triggerable. This will likely be fixed in future, but is not high priority.

"
gato8344 wrote:
I understand Item Rarity Support does affect mines and traps but, does it affect when a mob is killed by poison ( caused by Poison Support ) from that mine or trap?
Yes. Whenever a skill creates degen, it stores the relevant IIQ/IIR modifiers in that degen so they can be used if that degen gets assigned the kill.

"
Madhibikii wrote:
I'm wondering why the change to spell totem damage reduction is not applying to Ranged attack totem ?
Because they are different gems with different balance.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 28, 2016, 8:42:10 PM
"
grepman wrote:
Why doesn't Magma Orb work with slower projectiles support ?
Because that projectile is not affected by projectile speed modifiers, so that support can't apply.

"
Apanauc wrote:
Does damage taken from heartbound loop count as 'Your Hits'?
I would need to know in what context to answer this conclusively, but probably yes.

"
Estoa wrote:
If i sweep in a porcupine pack, my CWDT has a 1000 damage threshold and the porcupine's spikes deal 900 damage, my CWDT set up will never trigger, or will trigger when i get hit by a second spear?
It will trigger on the second hit, and then reset the skill's damage count.
Note that each skill tracks damage separately (and does not count damage recieved while on cooldown) so it's not technically correct to say the CwDT setup has a damage threshold. The support is separately supporting each individual skill by giving that skill it's own threshold.

"
XaHyPuK wrote:
Does Deadeye's Powerful Precision "Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Arrow Pierce Chance" and "Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels" interact as expected i.e. you get ~100% incresed crit chance at point blank range?
Yes.
"
XaHyPuK wrote:
If so is it implemented in a similar way to Assasins Mark?
No, it's very different from assassin's mark - it's an increase to your critical strike chance, just like it says. Assassin's mark is an addition to the enemy's chance to be critically struck.
"
XaHyPuK wrote:
Is the range over which the projectiles loose the crit chance same as Point Blank's 1.5x to 0.5x?
No. See this post for more details.

"
menhowca wrote:
I have questions regarding the interaction between Lightning Warp and Remote Mine. Does the cast speed modifier still works or the mine overrides that status and make the cast instant?
Mines (and traps) do not cast things instantly. All cast speed modifiers still apply.
"
menhowca wrote:
Also, what run speed base does it uses?
Yours. It's casting your lightning warp skill, so uses your speed.

"
Fuego_Fiero wrote:
I have some questions about the reflect mechanics for The Chieftain notable Tukohama. This is reflected damage and as such does not benefit from any increases or decreases to player damage. I would guess it doesn't benefit from increases to Totem damage as well.
Correct. Reflected damage is spearate from you, it isn't calculated with your stats, so isn't affected by them.
"
Fuego_Fiero wrote:
But does elemental penetration affect it? I'm pretty sure Flammability should increase its damage, but does Fire Penetration Support do anything to this damage?
No. Reflected damage does not have your offensive stats, so cannot be affected by them.
"
Fuego_Fiero wrote:
How about ignite? Can it ignite from Chance to Ignite and can that be affected by Increased Burning Damage supports and passives? Could that ignite Proliferate? (Checking the Wiki makes this one seem unlikely as well)
Reflected damage cannot cause on-hit effects.
"
Fuego_Fiero wrote:
How big is the area affected by the reflect and can it be increased by Support Gems, Gear, or Passives?
The base range is 12. Since it originates from the totem, not you, and is not part of your skill being used by the totem, it will only be affected by the totem's modifiers to area, not yours - currently I don't believe there's any way to give them any such modifiers.
"
_DavidAegis_ wrote:
Context: Basicly we can choose a League Mod on the Map Device in our hideouts, that opens up and we can chance league specific unique items with an orb of chance.

When we meet a Zana , or doing our Zana Daily Mission, she opens up Maps with the Mods of
"4 additional Exiles" or
"beyond monster".

Are those mods the same we got on our map device?

Can I go Zanas Mission Map and start chancing Agate Amulets for Volls devotion when I read "4 additional Exiles" ?
No. The daily mod only does what it says. It doesn't apply a league.
"
_DavidAegis_ wrote:
How can I make only show up the Posts of Mark?
From the "Gameplay Help and Discussion" subforum, click on the "GGG" Icon beside this thread to see only posts from GGG staff. This works on any thread with GGG posts. Note that because of my very large reply which encompassed several pages of questions, this may take some time to load - I'm making one replay per page for now to reduce this effect.

"
RePoE_Man wrote:
Could you please explain how Growing Agony (viper strike threshold jewel) works? Does the per poison mechanic a) increase damage dealt by the player or b) increase damage taken by the enemy? I have the same question regarding The Taming + Emberwake combo.
They both say "increased damage", not "increased damage taken", and that's what they apply to. Anything affecting the damage taken by an entity, rather than damage dealt, says "taken" or "take".

"
PathOfOtter wrote:
This could probably be answered with a little testing, but: with the Guardian and Necromancer "Auras You Cast Grant X" notables, are these benefits scaled by increased Effect of Auras you Cast?
Yes. The auras are granting that bonus as part of their effect, so it's affected by things that modify the effect of the auras.

"
holytimes wrote:
I found a possible bug with Unstable Payload and Zero duration Traps. For the people who do not know If you use a sunblast belt and two Cheap Construction jewels you have zero duration on your traps. This means that after they have armed they trigger and go off.
Unstable payload effect is "x% Chance for Traps to Trigger an additional time". Sunblast's effect is "Traps Trigger at the end of their duration". So our key word here is trigger. Since we have zero duration we know that the moment they are armed they trigger and the jewel should give us a chance to trigger a second time. But it doesn't work.
Unstable payload by it self works if a mob or another player triggers the trap although so i know the problem isn't just the jewel not working.
This is not a bug. After a trap's duration is up, it can't persist, so it can't last long enough to re-arm and wait to trigger again - You only reach the end of your duration once, and then your duration is up and you can't do more. This was discussed in the past and the wording on Unstable Payload is likely to be improved at some point to make it more clear how it works.

"
Redblade wrote:
If totems, traps and mines aren't counted as "You/You've" why is it that I get corrupting blood stacks when killing corrupted bloodlines monsters with my mines?
Because of a known issue where degen kills from temporary objects need to be assigned to you since the traps/mines/totems might not exist at the time the kill occurs. This will be fixed in the long term.
"
Redblade wrote:
Also, if the logic is as we've been told before where the totem/trap/mine is the entity doing the killing and not you why is the Assassin's "Poison you inflict with critical strikes..." exempt from this as opposed to Chieftain's "Gain 20% of physical damage as fire if you've killed recently"?
The first is affecting your skills, and your totems use your skills, not their own. The second is checking state about your character (whether you've killed recently or not).
On-kill and on-hit descriptions are planned for a rework to make them more clear in the medium term, but other things have more priority at the moment.

"
Bored01 wrote:
Is Star of Wraeclasts Illusory Warp skill considered a cold skill? What other tags does it have? Movement? Duration?
It is a Spell, Movement, Duration, Cold, and Area skill.
Does the increased poison damage from Fatal Toxins apply to your traps also, or just to skills directly used by the player?

Edit: Nevermind, found out it does apply Source
Last edited by Implosions on Jun 23, 2016, 1:06:11 AM
If I'm using Arc (a non-aoe skill) as an Elementalist, do "% increased radius of area skills" nodes on the tree affect Beacon of Ruin radius?
IGN: somewittynamehere
"
sanddemon wrote:
http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Hrimburn

Is the burn damage from this cold based or fire based? Say I hit a mob for 100 cold damage and it burns - what happens if I use frostbite? flammability?
Ignite (and other burning) always deal fire damage.

"
Hi Mark, I am aware that reducing duration of dots (poison, bleed) does not strictly increase damage as its per second.

On that note though, suppose poison was reduced to 0.69 seconds, would it just do 69% of a tick damage?
Damage over time does not "tick" in the way you describe. It's constantly occuring. A poison dealing 100 damage per second for 0.69 seconds will deal 69 total damage, just like a car driving at 100km per hour for 0.69 hours will end up 69km from where it started.

"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
Does the first stage of Flameblast deal 100% tooltip damage, then each additional stage deals 110% more? This would result in a 10 stack Flameblast dealing 9*110% = 990% more damage, or 10.9x your tooltip.
Yes. I will look into making this clearer in the stat description when I get time.

"
Dragaxe wrote:
A question about Wild Strike, how are the secondary effects calculated?
Exactly the same as the initial hit, but with different sets of modifiers applying to the same base damage, such as none of them being affected by melee-specific modifiers, and the fire/cold ones being affected by area/projectile damage respectively.
"
Dragaxe wrote:
what are the ratios on the chosen effects?
Each effect is equally likely.
"
Dragaxe wrote:
And how exactly does it interact with support gems
The same as any other skill
"
Dragaxe wrote:
using Elemental Focus, with a full lightning build, I cant seem to shock or freeze, but mobs still get ignited every once in a while.
If you're certain you're not using Herald of Ash or some other igniting effect, please make a post in the bug reports forum including which character this occurs on and your reproduction steps so we can look into this.
"
Dragaxe wrote:
And how exactly is the tooltip calculated, is it just based on the initial hit, or does it take in to account the secondary procs?
The tooltip accounts only for the initial melee hit.

"
starklife wrote:
I've been playing with hiltless the new 2h reaver sword, and I was wondering if fortify is reducing the reflected damage it does to me.
Yes.

"
ogit wrote:
When do buffs affect a spell like flameblast? Say I'm using orb of storms to proc elemental overload - if the buff is triggered after I begin channeling flameblast, does it apply since it's active for the explosion? If the buff is active when channeling begins but times out before the explosion, it doesn't apply? Likewise, is crit for flameblast itself determined on explosion or when you begin channeling?

Debuffs (eg elemental equilibrium and curses) simply need to be active on explosion, right?
Flameblast calculates it's damage when it explodes. It couldn't possibly do it sooner since it needs to know the number of stages you channel it to to know it's damage.

"
Rodent1 wrote:
How is "8% reduced Elemental Damage Taken while at Maximum Endurance Charges" from the Unrelenting Juggernaut notable calculated? My initial thought was that it just removed a flat 8% from the final damage directed to the character, but it feels a lot more powerful than that in practice (which might just be me imagining things, I admit).
It's just the same as any other modifier to damage taken - it affects damage taken by the character, after all mitigation (resitances, etc). Since it's reduced, it will be additive with other increased/reduced damage taken modfiers, such as Fortify or Shock.
Hi, I was wondering how earthquake interacts with melee damage on full life, specifically when using blood magic. As I understand it, the life cost is taken before the damage is calculated, so you won't get the increased damage on the initial hit, but if you return to full life before the aftershock goes off, would you gain the bonus to it, or is the instance of damage determined with the initial hit and delayed, thus you wouldn't gain the benefit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info