Mechanical Questions Thread

"
gibtuck wrote:
Does Gloomfang "http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gloomfang" work with minions? Specifically Solar Guard spectres?

Same rule as always; your modifiers do not apply to your Minions unless explicitly stated otherwise. You have Gloomfang equipped - your Minions do not.
Getting frustrated with Defiled Cathedral boss melting my 8k ES in 2 seconds. What are those red beams, and can I do anything other than avoid them entirely.
"
WildCardSR wrote:
Getting frustrated with Defiled Cathedral boss melting my 8k ES in 2 seconds. What are those red beams, and can I do anything other than avoid them entirely.

git gut
no theres nothing except dodging

or outregening them but if you can outregen that theres no point in playing the game as you outregen everything

now my question if you have like 1 hp and vaal immortal call active and you get hit by a boss does that still trigger cwdt?
What is git gut? Searched poe.trade and there is nothing :(
Does the "Hits can't be Evaded" modifier found on e.g. Lycosidae also mean that your critical strikes are automatically "confirmed"? Or are they still affected by accuracy, since it's not a check to evade the hit?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jan 4, 2018, 11:21:39 PM
What happens if you use a Respec Bandits from Eramir to one of the bandits, but you do not have a free skillpoints?
Will it deduct from future levels, or what?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Concearning Animate Guardian equiped with Death`s Oath(death aura)
In this case what modifiers affect death aura`s damage/AOE?
1.Chaos Damage passives
2.DoT passives
3.Minion Damage passives
4.Aura passives
5.AoE passives
6.Support Gems linked to Animate Guardian(Swift affliction, Void manipulation,Efficacy, minion damage...)
7.Jewelry With increased damage, minion damage, chaos damage, DoT damage
8.Items i have that add to chaos damage/minion damage(Bone Helmet,Breath of the Council,The Scourge,Essence of Envy jewelry)
9.Items Animate Guardian Wears(Bone Helmet,Breath of the Council,The Scourge,Dying Breath,gloves with minion damage, weapons with minion damage)
10.Necromantic aegis + 2x Victario`s Charity(for AoE)
11.Illuminated Devotion +Animate Guardian(socketed in gloves)
12 Gifts from above + sulphur flask + Sanctify + consecrated ground
Last edited by iomnaec20001 on Jan 5, 2018, 7:35:36 AM
How does "Ambidexterity" node affect OG? The sword uses both hand slots, so she should get both attack speed bonuses, right? The dual wield bonus should not count, but the others should...

"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Does the "Hits can't be Evaded" modifier found on e.g. Lycosidae also mean that your critical strikes are automatically "confirmed"? Or are they still affected by accuracy, since it's not a check to evade the hit?

Crit Confirm is a Chance to Hit roll. You have 100% Chance to Hit. Rollin' 20's all the time.
"
Nishrek wrote:
What happens if you use a Respec Bandits from Eramir to one of the bandits, but you do not have a free skillpoints?
Will it deduct from future levels, or what?

It just won't work.
"
Wazz72 wrote:
How does "Ambidexterity" node affect OG? The sword uses both hand slots, so she should get both attack speed bonuses, right? The dual wield bonus should not count, but the others should...

Oni-Goroshi is mainhand only, same as bows and other 2h melee weapons.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 5, 2018, 8:54:48 AM
"
iomnaec20001 wrote:
Concearning Animate Guardian equiped with Death`s Oath(death aura)
In this case what modifiers affect death aura`s damage/AOE?
1.Chaos Damage passives
2.DoT passives
3.Minion Damage passives
4.Aura passives
5.AoE passives
6.Support Gems linked to Animate Guardian(Swift affliction, Void manipulation,Efficacy, minion damage...)
7.Jewelry With increased damage, minion damage, chaos damage, DoT damage
8.Items i have that add to chaos damage/minion damage(Bone Helmet,Breath of the Council,The Scourge,Essence of Envy jewelry)
9.Items Animate Guardian Wears(Bone Helmet,Breath of the Council,The Scourge,Dying Breath,gloves with minion damage, weapons with minion damage)
10.Necromantic aegis + 2x Victario`s Charity(for AoE)
11.Illuminated Devotion +Animate Guardian(socketed in gloves)
12 Gifts from above + sulphur flask + Sanctify + consecrated ground

im not sure which ones do and which ones dont but thats a terrrible plan
your animate guardian will die after 5 sec or so just because of the degen after he kills someone and you will lose your deaths oath and every item it equipped (because the death of an animate guardian destroys all items equipped on death

if you have like 1 hp and vaal immortal call active and you get hit by a boss does that still trigger cwdt?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info