Mechanical Questions Thread

ggggggggggggggg
Hi, I have questions about the new Shaped/Elder mods on body armours -- specifically, the ones that grant "#% of Physical Damage taken as [Elemental] Damage" (prefixes, ilvl 83+). Shaped ones can get Cold/Lightning, and Elder ones can get Fire. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible, on a Shaped body armour, to get both the Cold and Lightning mods, for up to 30% damage taken as elemental? Or are these two mods considered the same "type" and mutually exclusive?

2. Do these mods conflict with the prefix granted by an Essence of Horror (15% of Physical Damage taken as Cold Damage)?

The reason I ask is because I want to craft an i85 Zodiac Leather to have 30% of phys as elemental. If that's actually impossible, it would help to know beforehand, and, if it is possible, I'd like to know if I should be using Essences of Horror or not.
Domination IGN: ScratchyBitch
Last edited by sergeantminor on Dec 15, 2017, 1:05:56 PM
"
So, how does CWDT interacts with block? One would assume, that since you essentially take 0 damage, due to it being blocked, no chance to proc CWDT. But I would love to be wrong on this one, actually. Anybody care to elaborate?

CWDT adds a "counter" to the supported spell(s). When you take life damage that counter is incremented by the amount you just took.

If the new sum is >= the trigger level, CWDT fires the spells, resets their counters to zero, and starts the .25 second cooldown in which damage does not increment the counter.

So, if you take zero life damage, yes, CWDT will not increment the counter, thus will not trigger.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
So, how does CWDT interacts with block? One would assume, that since you essentially take 0 damage, due to it being blocked, no chance to proc CWDT. But I would love to be wrong on this one, actually. Anybody care to elaborate?

CWDT adds a "counter" to the supported spell(s). When you take life damage that counter is incremented by the amount you just took.

If the new sum is >= the trigger level, CWDT fires the spells, resets their counters to zero, and starts the .25 second cooldown in which damage does not increment the counter.

So, if you take zero life damage, yes, CWDT will not increment the counter, thus will not trigger.

And it only counts LIFE damage? Not es?
"
poeticEnnui wrote:
If an enemy is affected by the Shock aura provided by Vessel of Vinktar, and I then inflict a more powerful shock from a hit of Lightning damage, will the Shock aura from Vinktar be overwritten by the more powerful shock? Or does the Vinktar aura overwrite any other shocks?

Second, if I have Esh's Visage and Maligaro's Restraint equipped while the Vessel of Vinktar flask effect is active, and I apply a stronger shock to enemies, will it get reflected back to myself and therefore nearby enemies? Which shock will ultimately be applied?

1. Multiple Shocks can co-exist on the same entity; only the strongest actually takes effect, the rest ticks down not applying their effect.

2. Esh's Visage and Maligaro's Restraint do not interact at all - Reflect can never trigger Reflect, after all. When you Shock yourself with Maligaro's Restraint, Esh's Mirror does nothing with that Shock.

"
yavimaya wrote:
Attacks from Mirage archer do not cause curse on hit to proc. I wasn't sure if this is the intended mechanic since the ability reads "When you hit an enemy with an arrow from this skill, summons a mirage archer which uses this skill." and the skill "applies linked curses on hit"

This is working as intended. The Mirage is a separate entity; it uses the same Skill as you do, but it doesn't use the same Skill Gem. The Mirage's Skill has the 'apply linked Curses' modifier, but it has no linked Curses to apply.

"
Vampiruga wrote:
How endurance charge on melee stun works with ancestral call? Can i get three endurance charges from one attack if i stun three enemies?

It's still just one Attack, rules apply as normal. One Charge per Skill activation.

"

Damage is Damage, CwDT counts Life, ES and Mana Damage (the latter only being relevant with Mind over Matter, of course).
"
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"

I thought it was only life (or mana, if MoM), but other posts suggest it also covers ES, so ... I'm not certain. I suspect I was wrong, though, because I'm pretty sure I have seen CI build guides that use CWDT, and they, uh, don't really have much life to trigger it with. :)
I can confirm, I have played plenty of CI builds, and CWDT activates just fine.

(Unless it was changed in 3.2, of which there is no note in the patch notes, and people would be talking about it if it did.)
I am very ignorant and fairly new to the game; I haven't done much end game content or studied builds.

I have discovered an abyssal Foul Globe Ghastly Eye Jewel. It gives minions a 20% damage buff if you've cast a minion skill recently. I'm not sure what "recently" means in this context. Is there any visual clue to show the additional damage minions have as a result of this jewel?

Thanks!
"Recently" always refers to "in the last four seconds".

Holding Highlight Items (default: alt) when looking an an item shows the extended explanation, and I believe that includes the definition of Recently :)
Is it normal that the "life recovery rate" from an Elder belt doesn't change anything on the character sheet ?
First screenshot with a non-Elder belt : link
Second screenshot with the Elder belt that has 11% increased recovery rate : link

The life regen on the character sheet stays essentially the same (small difference because the second belt has slightly higher life stat), is this normal ? I did some quick testing by removing items until I would degen with RF, and then equipping the new belt stopped that degen so it does seem to work but I'm curious why it's not showing.

I remember in Harbinger I did a similar test with the first bonus of Arakaali's Pantheon (50% increased recovery rate if you've stopped taking damage over time) : I activated RF, used a Dousing flask and saw no change on the character sheet so I assumed that this particular interaction did not work... but now I'm thinking maybe it does actually work but it's not showing either ?

Thanks for any clarification.
Last edited by Wendek on Dec 16, 2017, 3:37:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info